Domain Empire

Get ready for .ME

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Montenegro, the country that declared independence from Yugoslavia last year, was just assigned .ME as their official country code top level domain.

If I were them, I'd be very thankful that Macau already had .MO taken because I really like .ME much better. Hopefully in time they end up with reasonable registration rates and a solid registration platform, unlike .YU. This should be a popular TLD with registrants.

Story here,

http://www.birn.eu.com/en/103/15/4362/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry, have to....

Bite.me (my favorite saying ;) )
:hehe:
it's gonna be an expensive one!

•••
i see premiums are going to be find.me, love.me, call.me, talkto.me, eat.me (spicy one :)), and.... ItsAllAbout.me nice. can't wait. :)

•••
I contacted the NIC and they said they're not taking pre-orders/reservations for .ME domains :(

•••
I am guessing that the reg and renewal fees will be outrageous :(

•••
SDX said:
I contacted the NIC and they said they're not taking pre-orders/reservations for .ME domains :(
Good. I hope they never do. It'd be so nice to see a true landrush on a new extension. They should make these puppies $100 each and restrict registrations to 5 names per IP, per day. :tu:

•••
•••
Personally I am wondering why people think ccTLDs are only good for domain hacks :-/

•••
•••
i read ur post and their answers and they said it would be launched in the first half of the current year... of course it wasnt

so alexsimon, do u know or read anything about the launch?

best regards,
bricio

•••
They did not launch it in the first half of the year because ICANN delegated them the .me tld on September 11th. So I think they will need some preparation.

From their site:
As we have previously stated, this approval ICANN has to forward to the Ministry of Commerce of the USA for consideration.
The following step is to forward request for registration of our domain to DNS root zones. This process usually takes several weeks!

So I guess it will not be that soon.

•••
thanks for the quick answer!!! :)
rep added!!! :tu:

•••
did anyone think of the possibility of first names?

John.me? That has to be killer...any John would like to have a .me with his name on it...

•••
Thanks RJ for letting the cap out of the bottle :( :( :(

It will be a battle for the good names :talk:

•••
•••
when exactly will registration open up for the .me? I'd like to get some if the reg. fees aren't too outragous :\

•••
alexsimon said:
They did not launch it in the first half of the year because ICANN delegated them the .me tld on September 11th. So I think they will need some preparation.

From their site:
As we have previously stated, this approval ICANN has to forward to the Ministry of Commerce of the USA for consideration.
The following step is to forward request for registration of our domain to DNS root zones. This process usually takes several weeks!

So I guess it will not be that soon.
heres ur answer about the lauching, FPForum :)

in the link alexsimon put in post #31 u can read about the fees but there r no values yet

•••
I feel ya, Sam. :(

Sam said:
Thanks RJ for letting the cap out of the bottle :( :( :(

It will be a battle for the good names :talk:

•••
alexsimon said:
I made some price proposals to the administrators

How much did you propose ? :)

SDX said:

I presume they will follow RFP then.

Which email id did you use to contact them ?

•••
Charley said:
How much did you propose ? :)

Hehe I guess my English is not my best point :) In my language proposals = suggestions :)

•••
Sweet! I hope they will allow 2 letter domains. I muuust have do.me

•••
thats gona be fun. .me is awesome tld

•••
What price would you put on f*ck.me?

•••
rodash said:

I knew someone would have asked that :bingo:

•••
Regfee IMO, doesn't worth the hassle to reg it.
.me is a worthless tld. Don't even think of losing your bucks on it.

rodash said:

•••
as Sam said there will be a battle for the great names :)

alexsimon said:
Regfee IMO, doesn't worth the hassle to reg it.
.me is a worthless tld. Don't even think of losing your bucks on it.
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back