Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imedcrypto

Established Member
Impact
Good evening everyone!

While navigating the long list of Expireddomains name, i've come across this one.
abattant-01.png

It's french for toilet seat.
I worked a lot in ecom i've checked the word as a kw, it have a good amount of search abattant + brandnames.
In amazon and cdiscount (french retail website) there is a huge listing.
The .fr is taken but there is no website around it.
The appraisals : godaddy (1 599 $ ) estibot ( 1,300 $ ) freevaluator (2,330 $ ).
I'm thinking about selling it to wc appliance companies (outbound).

My question is i'm i dumb for waisting the price of 2 packs of cigarette on it :p or it's a good buy?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Have a nice week!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good evening everyone!

While navigating the long list of Expireddomains name, i've come across this one.
Show attachment 147023
It's french for toilet seat.
I worked a lot in ecom i've checked the word as a kw, it have a good amount of search abattant + brandnames.
In amazon and cdiscount (french retail website) there is a huge listing.
The .fr is taken but there is no website around it.
The appraisals : godaddy (1 599 $ ) estibot ( 1,300 $ ) freevaluator (2,330 $ ).
I'm thinking about selling it to wc appliance companies (outbound).

My question is i'm i dumb for waisting the price of 2 packs of cigarette on it :p or it's a good buy?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Have a nice week!

Do you speak French and familiar with the culture, if not get the opinion of an actual French citizen. @DomainingCom can you help?

•••
Yes I speak French but it's a little bit rusty (I didn't practice it in years) but I recall that word (I've worked before in a shop that sells all kind of wc stuff and these seats are always selling, I remeber there is even ones with printed designs on them).
Thank you for the info I will check with a native speaker. I hope that @DomainingCom give me his opinion too.

•••
Yes I speak French but it's a little bit rusty (I didn't practice it in years) but I recall that word (I've worked before in a shop that sells all kind of wc stuff and these seats are always selling, I remeber there is even ones with printed designs on them).
Thank you for the info I will check with a native speaker. I hope that @DomainingCom give me his opinion too.

Oh cool, hopefully Francois can help

•••
I'm an English speaking Quebecer who also speaks French .. and I'd have to say it's not a common word .. although I can't say I've ever really had a conversation about toilet lids with any of my French friends/colleagues .. lol .. so the fact I've never heard the word isn't really a surprise and not really an indication of anything.

Keep in mind French domains don't sell nearly as well as English ones.

Ultimately it really comes down to demand*value of the product, I think, more than the actual usage volume of the word.

Ask yourself the value of ToiletLids.com .. and then divide whatever that number is by 10 or 20 (because it's French) .. then combine that fact with a significantly lower chance of selling (at least 5x less .. even at the reduced price .. again because it's French) .. if after those calculations you end up with a value and probability of sale that makes sense to you .. then it was a good purchase. I don't know the toilet lid market .. lol .. so I really can't say for sure! ;)

Last edited:
•••
I'm an English speaking Quebecer who also speaks French .. and I'd have to say it's not a common word .. although I can't say I've ever really had a conversation about toilet lids with any of my French friends/colleagues .. lol .. so the fact I've never heard the word isn't really a surprise and not really an indication of anything.

Keep in mind French domains don't sell nearly as well as English ones.

Ultimately it really comes down to demand*value of the product, I think, more than the actual usage volume of the word.

Ask yourself the value of ToiletLids.com .. and then divide whatever that number is by 10 or 20 (because it's French) .. then combine that fact with a significantly lower chance of selling (at least 5x less .. even at the reduced price) .. if after those calculations you end up with a value and probability of sale that makes sense to you .. then it was a good purchase. I don't know the toilet lid market .. lol .. so I really can't say for sure! ;)
Good morning thank you for your feedback :)
i'm going to try selling it. if it didn't sell, i will build a little affiliate website around it (different types of lids and customized lids ) try to rank it , get some traffic etc... and obviously sell the site :p

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back