IT.COM

Bido.com - Social Auction Platform

Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
NamePros welcomes BIDO as it's newest sponsor.

Check out Bido's revolutionary Social Auction Platform at www.bido.com
All auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

The list of upcoming auctions is here:
http://www.bido.com/Auctions

This is a discussion thread for comments, reviews and feedback about Bido and it's services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
verbster said:
Plus, this will only work if the reserves are quite a bit lower than what someone (Bido?) considers what will be the expected selling price. As seen from some of the domains offered lately, selling prices are not only very subjective, but lower now than most times.

Anyone who sets a $1000 reserve on a domain, better be sure the domain is truly worth more than that (I'd say at least double to get interest), and Bido better be sure of that, too. Otherwise, the owner is out $30 when it doesn't sell, and Bido only makes a paltry $30 for a day's listing. $30 per day on a no-sale reserve isn't going to cut it.

Today in Bido chat during the auction, Sahar sort of hinted at this. He said they'd already had some five-figure reserve submissions and that he judged them way overpriced, and hinted that now Bido had to decide whether to send them out there and have them fail or just decline. Then he said he assumed it will end up being the latter.

Multiple auctions per day might help increase Bido's daily revenue, or at least cut their daily losses. Unless the single domains are worth $xxxx and above, how else will they make any money?

I was just thinking that. Unless they expect to auction off TRAFFIC-worthy domains once a day (and who knows, maybe they will), then they're going to need to increase their daily volume, if for no other reason than to start bringing in some more cash. Of course they've already said they're going to be doing this, so we'll see how they implement it and on what timetable.

ripley.

•••
I think you can cover all three things, but you just need to be creative.

For example, do a variety of offerings to cover most buyers:

Monday Monsters: only domains valued at $10k or more
Teriffic Tuesday: Good domains valued up to 10k
Wednesday Niche: A different niche each Wednesday (finance, travel, furniture, poker, etc)
Budget Thursdays: Reserves no higher than $200 or so
Friday Fun: Bundles of domains...3 - 100 domains selling as a package.

Lots of things possible. Advertise them as coming up, and I'll bet it would get lots of interest....and would be fun. Maybe even an toss in a mystery domain that has a guaranteed valued of $500 or something.

This would be possible now, but even more so if multiple domains were auctioned...and even more so if the bidding was open all 24 hours.

Last edited:
•••
verbster said:
I think you can cover all three things, but you just need to be creative.

For example, do a variety of offerings to cover most buyers:

Monday Monsters: only domains valued at $10k or more
Teriffic Tuesday: Good domains valued up to 10k
Wednesday Niche: A different niche each Wednesday (finance, travel, furniture, poker, etc)
Budget Thursdays: Reserves no higher than $200 or so
Friday Fun: Bundles of domains...3 - 100 domains selling as a package.

Lots of things possible. Advertise them as coming up, and I'll bet it would get lots of interest....and would be fun. Maybe even an toss in a mystery domain that has a guaranteed valued of $500 or something.

This would be possible now, but even more so if multiple domains were auctioned...and even more so if the bidding was open all 24 hours.

All good ideas. I think however that they're concerned about opening it *too* much because that would require a significant influx of good to great domains. Beyond their auction platform, low reserve business model etc., one of the things they've done is position themselves as an alternative to Snapnames/Namejet for the very reason that you don't have to pore through millions of names searching for a diamond. I think that selling point can get diluted quickly.

ripley.

•••
We appreciate all the comments and the speculation as to the business plan. A lot still has to unfold with the big picture here at Bido but we are happy to release this as a stepping stone towards a bigger picture.

Tomorrows auction is PZF.COM which is a no reserve auction and will sell to the highest bidder. Place your bids now, the bidding interface is really nice and we like it when new people get to experience it, so if you do, please give us feedback on the bidding module.

http://www.bido.com/Auction?name=pzf.com

And of course, your feedback and thoughts on the new Reserve pricing format is greatly appreciated. Please submit your names for consideration if you would like to auction with us!
http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains

•••
MediaHound said:
We appreciate all the comments and the speculation as to the business plan. A lot still has to unfold with the big picture here at Bido but we are happy to release this as a stepping stone towards a bigger picture.

Tomorrows auction is PZF.COM which is a no reserve auction and will sell to the highest bidder. Place your bids now, the bidding interface is really nice and we like it when new people get to experience it, so if you do, please give us feedback on the bidding module.

And of course, your feedback and thoughts on the new Reserve pricing format is greatly appreciated. Please submit your names for consideration if you would like to auction with us!
http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains

Okay! I'm convinced. Lemme add my card to my account so I can bid lol

I have a lotta coments that I can make but I'll reserve them for a later time... I'm running on no sleep right now

•••
Thank you Randy! Sleep good, sweet dreams~!
Looking forward to hearing your feedback when you get a sec to relay it along.
We listen carefully and are proactive as you know to make Bido better and better.. and a rising tide raises all ships ;)

•••
MediaHound said:
Thank you Randy! Sleep good, sweet dreams~!
Looking forward to hearing your feedback when you get a sec to relay it along.
We listen carefully and are proactive as you know to make Bido better and better.. and a rising tide raises all ships ;)

Thanks for your comments :)
But it seems that it won't accept my card. Does BIDO only take credit cards or will it also accept Debit? I use a Visa Debit

•••
Hi Randy, yes we do, addressing your question via PM!

•••
Today on Bido is pzf.com - a pure three letter domain!

This is a NO RESERVE auction, bidding starts at $1, so join in right now!

In other news, in case you missed my post above, we made a huge announcement yesterday - we're now accepting reserve prices for our auctions.
Learn all the details on our site and please submit your best domains with accurately priced reserves.

Hope to see you at the auction!

•••
•••
Final price US $3,284.00 .. I remember just less than a year ago, 3 letter .coms of any sort were selling for more than double this.. I wonder how far LLL.coms can drop before they hit bottom...

•••
mjbenterprises said:
Final price US $3,284.00 .. I remember just less than a year ago, 3 letter .coms of any sort were selling for more than double this.. I wonder how far LLL.coms can drop before they hit bottom...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they sold a year ago for around $8k minimun... I was surprised to see 3 or so sell on SEDO recently for a li'l over 3k each

•••
Yes, I think they were holding around $8 K even well into the summer...Then a free fall until now..They had done nothing but risen for years, I never dreamed they would be at this level...

•••
mjbenterprises said:
Yes, I think they were holding around $8 K even well into the summer...Then a free fall until now..They had done nothing but risen for years, I never dreamed they would be at this level...

If you can get one, get one now... theyt'll rise again someday... hopefully soon

•••
That was a great auction, best wishes to the winner!

Today on Bido is textlinking.com

This is a NO RESERVE auction, bidding starts at $1, so join in!

http://www.bido.com/Auction?name=textlinking.com

Some really good expert commentaries for todays auction, thanks to all the experts for participating.
If anyone else wants to be an expert please let me know.

•••
TextLinking.com sold: $737
Far better than I'd have thought :)

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
i tried submitting some domains but getting an error, 'please fill all required fields'. not sure what i'm missing, i see only the big textbox for entering the domains,reserves

•••
CDM said:
i tried submitting some domains but getting an error, 'please fill all required fields'. not sure what i'm missing, i see only the big textbox for entering the domains,reserves
Hi Mike, we were able to reproduce what you found! If you are logged out in a new tab and try to submit the form from the tab that thinks you were logged in, you will get the message. Please make sure you are logged in.. clear your cache and try again. Thank you for the report! I have the technicians involved and we'll get the message clarified there.

Today on Bido is CraigLake.com
This is a NO RESERVE auction!
http://www.bido.com/Auction?name=craiglake.com

And in other news, we've relaxed the .com requirement and are now accepting secondary gTLDs and ccTLDs for auction on Bido. Submit your domains today!

Also, we've tried a new thing the past couple of auctions with having a special guest in the chatroom for duration of the auction. If you would like to be a guest with us, please email me [email protected].

Hope to see you at the auction!
http://www.bido.com/Auction?name=craiglake.com

•••
Why such a high percentage of house names listed on Bido ? - 5 out of the 8 listed just now.

Is the quality of all those submitted really that bad or is nobody submitting ?

•••
The quality of what was submitted for a few days of scheduling was low so we had to infuse house domains to pick up for those days. We introduced a new reserve pricing model that will be bringing up the quality level as now we are allowing sellers to submit their better domains and attach a reserve requirement with it.

•••
MediaHound said:
The quality of what was submitted for a few days of scheduling was low so we had to infuse house domains to pick up for those days. We introduced a new reserve pricing model that will be bringing up the quality level as now we are allowing sellers to submit their better domains and attach a reserve requirement with it.

Wow, I thought at just one auction per day you'de have a waiting list at least a couple of months long.

Do you have to sign up to see the ones for sale with reserve pricing or will they also be shown on the homepage ?

•••
nevermind...just found the ccTLDs are now being accepted in no reserve auctions...will be a good move.

Last edited:
•••
ZGM.COM went for $3,520 on Bido today.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back