NameSilo

Bido.com - Social Auction Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
NamePros welcomes BIDO as it's newest sponsor.

Check out Bido's revolutionary Social Auction Platform at www.bido.com
All auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

The list of upcoming auctions is here:
http://www.bido.com/Auctions

This is a discussion thread for comments, reviews and feedback about Bido and it's services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bido is making their way back onto the domain auction front. I like where they are going and I do look forward to when they go to multiple domains per day. I am curious as to how they will break them down or, rather, categorize each domain offering. Specifically, by end user market segment (sports, finance, etc.) or by target group (domainer, end user, developer) or just X domains per day.

•••
mhavoc said:
Specifically, by end user market segment (sports, finance, etc.) or by target group (domainer, end user, developer) or just X domains per day.

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that their target market is resellers.

ripley.

•••
mhavoc said:
Bido is making their way back onto the domain auction front. I like where they are going and I do look forward to when they go to multiple domains per day. I am curious as to how they will break them down or, rather, categorize each domain offering. Specifically, by end user market segment (sports, finance, etc.) or by target group (domainer, end user, developer) or just X domains per day.

Anything is possible, these are good suggestions. Thank you!

In other news, today on Bido is ZJP.com - a pure three letter dot com domain.

http://www.bido.com/Auction?name=zjp.com

This is a no reserve auction, bidding starts at $1, so join in!

Hope to see you at the auction!

•••
Looking forward to today's auction. The house should finally see some (:$:)(:$:) :gn:

•••
MicroGuy said:
Looking forward to today's auction. The house should finally see some (:$:)(:$:) :gn:

Looks like it's off to a good start :)

•••
$4,055.00 wow, I think it's a great deal at that price. Am I crazy?

•••
Galel said:

In a few months we might think it was a little high.

(and yes you are crazy regardless of the context)

•••
notlikeyou said:
(and yes you are crazy regardless of the context)

Thank you for clarifying!! :laugh:

•••
I do think we have some downward pressure on price in some segments of the domain market. It will, unfortunately, broaden in the coming months as the recession continues to put pressure on small domainers, like many of us, and they look to liquify their assets. So, though, 4k+ may seem like a crazy low price now..... I agree with "notlikeyou" that it will most likely be considered too high in the coming months.

•••
it has a Z, and in today's market

i'd have guessed it would reach approx. 3K...maybe 3.5 tops.

•••
Galel said:
It's not a bad sale in today's LLL.com market. IMO

•••
Hey, it didn't sell for $2 like the other auction lol
IMO it exceeded expectations in this recession we're in. On SEDO, it might have only gotten $500 more

•••
THESE are the kinds of auctions I'd love to see on Bido on a regular basis. Premium domain names... Get's everyone excited.

•••
Galel said:
THESE are the kinds of auctions I'd love to see on Bido on a regular basis. Premium domain names... Get's everyone excited.

Agree with you..... :p

But its kind of risk to auction with $1 reserve.. anything can happen... :santa:

•••
Would be interesting to work a deal to auction Latona's daily domains...the ones that didn't sell and are marked down until they are sold....even one per week.

•••
jdenwar said:
But its kind of risk to auction with $1 reserve.. anything can happen... :santa:

Exactly! Makes it that much more exciting... :laugh:

•••
Galel said:
Exactly! Makes it that much more exciting... :laugh:

Why don't you guys put your money where your mouth is, lol

If you want to see good action, then 'risk' your 'good' names up...

•••
corgi said:

I've gotta agree with him. If that was YOUR LLL.com that sold for as low as it had (it should have been put in the upcoming TRAFFIC auction IMO) you might not have been too happy.

•••

Lots of people have submitted domains, but don't hear anything back. I'm sure many aren't great, but that doesn't mean some of them aren't fairly good.

Personally, I tip my hat to anyone who has submitted a domain that cost them over $100, whether chosen or not. Might not seem much to some people, but it's a big risk to many.

•••
I would be willing to submit some good names if there was a better process in place. I am not going to just submit a large list of domains to sit in a pool of domains, not to know if or when a domain will be accepted. I also don't know how far ahead BIDO has committed. If a domain is accepted now how long down the road is the auction?

Brad

verbster said:
Lots of people have submitted domains, but don't hear anything back. I'm sure many aren't great, but that doesn't mean some of them aren't fairly good.

Personally, I tip my hat to anyone who has submitted a domain that cost them over $100, whether chosen or not. Might not seem much to some people, but it's a big risk to many.

•••
bmugford said:
I would be willing to submit some good names if there was a better process in place. I am not going to just submit a large list of domains to sit in a pool of domains, not to know if or when a domain will be accepted. I also don't know how far ahead BIDO has committed. If a domain is accepted now how long down the road is the auction?

Brad

That is limiting me, as well. I don't want to submit a domain and have to wait 6 months to see it hit the auction floor.

•••
Archangel said:
I've gotta agree with him. If that was YOUR LLL.com that sold for as low as it had (it should have been put in the upcoming TRAFFIC auction IMO) you might not have been too happy.

I think it went for a decent price considering the letters, (not that I follow 3L domain prices that much)

These are showing as sold on sedo's homepage today

kxv.com $3,000
Jxv.com $3,600
kqh.com $3,400
kxf.com $3,400
kbq.com $3,100
kfq.com $3,000

•••
•••
gazzip said:
I think it went for a decent price considering the letters, (not that I follow 3L domain prices that much)

These are showing as sold on sedo's homepage today

kxv.com $3,000
Jxv.com $3,600
kqh.com $3,400
kxf.com $3,400
kbq.com $3,100
kfq.com $3,000

I agree with this -- domain prices have fallen across the board, even LLL.coms have been affected. Considering the general deflation in the market, I think Bido's shot at a LLL.com was about in the proper range. (I predicted $3200 - $4200 sale price).

ripley.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back