Dynadot

Are you .Gay?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Yes you insinuated correctly. .GAY is here.

This site reports it:

Domain Names of the World: New .GAY tld

My question is: I like rainbows too, why do they get exclusive rights and affiliations with it :(

You'll also notice on the dotGAY homepage http://gaytld.com/ they have the "Flickr" option at the top highlighted by default, and it becomes brighter with highlight than any of the other social engines. Maybe this is a joke, and these guys have a sense of humour? "With a Flickr of the wrist"

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
although it adds a new dimension to the geos ???

.saywhat !

•••
How is equality suppose to happen, when gay organizations and gay groups constantly try to separate themselves from the non-gay world. We have gay bars, gay clubs, gay communes, gay stores, a gay channel, San Francisco, gay schools for GLBT kids. What's next gay airlines? An all gay government? A gay world for only "gay" people?

Why do we constantly feel the need to separate ourselves from others based on our beliefs, sexual orientation, or the color of our skin? It's not just the gay community who does this, black people, white people, and religious affiliated people do the same thing too.

Equality doesn't happen by separating the apples from the oranges.
I feel this .gay tld does nothing but create more separation from the non-gay world.

.com at least is "neutral" and appeals to everyone, which is why it remains "king" of all domains.

What if the KKK wanted their own TLD .KKK?
What if the Black Panthers wanted their own TLD .BLACK?
What if the Pope wanted his own extension to .HELL?

How far will ICANN allow it to go?

Last edited:
•••
Completely agree daj.

I'm afraid ICANN cares more about money than about making the Internet better.

•••
Excellent points. Rep Left.

Brad

How is equality suppose to happen, when gay organizations and gay groups constantly try to separate themselves from the non-gay world. We have gay bars, gay clubs, gay communes, gay stores, a gay channel, San Francisco, gay schools for GLBT kids. What's next gay airlines? An all gay government? A gay world for only "gay" people?

Why do we constantly feel the need to separate ourselves from others based on our beliefs, sexual orientation, or the color of our skin? It's not just the gay community who does this, black people, white people, and religious affiliated people do the same thing too.

I feel this .gay tld does nothing but create more separation from the non-gay world.

.com at least is "neutral" and appeals to everyone, which is why it remains "king" of all domains.

•••
•••
The entire extension will be banned in China! ;)

•••

So well said. Maybe it is a hangover from the ancient human tribal / survival instincts. As I get older it makes me so sad that we can't learn to live as MLK wished.

•••

Rep added

•••
I almost laughed and then I almost cried. Straight after the release of the ultimate squatters paradise in .co and .cm comes this, to rob serious domainers of even more credability.

The way I see it, tm squatters dug the grave, now icann seems hell bent on filling in the hole. Ridiculous and superfluous to the nth degree and an obvious ( yet again ) cash grab by icann if it sees the light of day.

lol...why do we always get the idiots driving the bus??

Oh well...just another reson to not take us seriously as a whole.

•••
hmm it's just a cheap tld, nowadays its not the domain buyers but the tld sponsor's who's making huge revenue with such crappy inventory.

•••
.dot gay is for the community, not straight people. You have your .com's , and .net's. But this is our own Gay extension, because we are Gay, and we want the world to know that were here, queer, and rule the interwebz. lol

Soon to be a South Park episode, just wait...

already been done - "im.not.gay" ~ Mr. Garrison
episode - 4th Grade
:)

•••
This sort of prejudice against gay people is called homophobia, and unfortunately, it's quite common in some parts of the world.

•••
This sort of prejudice against gay people is called homophobia, and unfortunately, it's quite common in some parts of the world.

I am gay. Go figure! :bah:

•••
+ rep.

Unfortunately, as it's already been said, ICANN only cares about the money - which is a shame. I don't think they'll ever change that mentality, either.

•••
...What's next gay airlines?

Fly British airways, most of the male trolly dollies seem to be gay on British Airways, they have been for years...I'm beginning to think its a job requirement !

•••

I said this in fewer words earlier in thread...all these different groups of people doing stuff like this set back their own equality.

•••
And then someone is going to apply for .fag, representing the Film Actor's Guild :lol:

isnt that what they call cigs in the U.K?

•••
LOL I can see a strike coming and the gay community with picket signs saying "LET .GAY LIVE WE DESERVE AN EXTENSION".

Actually they will be designated a repressed minority, and the Government will provide them with 3 billion dollars from some economic stimulus bill.

The registrar will also get priority to bid for hosting .gov websites, after the first Gay president is sworn in, and will be able to change Whitehouse.Gov to Whitehouse.Gay. :-/

•••
This extension is a total ****ing nightmare and an absolute harbinger of things to come.
Brace yourself for unlimited gTLD's with very loose (if any) standards.

Just as securing domains was once relatively expensive and complex, we will eventually see the day when the costs and standards associated with securing an entire TLD drops dramatically. You will eventually see photos.bobsmith

Mark my words as I type them, here 3:16 Chicago time, 7/22 2009. This *will* happen.

•••
this is not healthy for human race.. :P gayness is extremely contagious imho.

i was just arguing with someone a while ago that would you let your 3 yr old boy see a gay? they will be confused what the hell is that then it will just start an sexual identity problem=more gay... i know im off topic but gayness should not be tolerated god created a man and a woman.

•••
I am new to domains and just confused with all these new ext

Will the gay's just use this for gay contact or something can't see a company us this ebay.gay?

•••
I am not going to respond to the comments, although I would like to.

I think that discussion is best left for another forum. I think comments here should be related to the domain extension itself.

Brad

this is not healthy for human race.. :P gayness is extremely contagious imho.

i was just arguing with someone a while ago that would you let your 3 yr old boy see a gay? they will be confused what the hell is that then it will just start an sexual identity problem=more gay... i know im off topic but gayness should not be tolerated god created a man and a woman.

•••
.black
.midgit
.straight
.married
.lesbian
.redneck
.sportsfan
.nerd

These special group extensions are going to be stupid, pointless, and from a domainers perspective overall worthless.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back