IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well its been a while since I visited this thread, and everything seems to be just coasting along.

I wondered what the sales of hacks were like recently, they seem to be OK, nothing truly outstanding though.

Well I am getting rid of the last of my non-'MySiteIs' portfolio and was persuaded to give Flippa a try, I note that some domains do sell through there, and perhaps it is a better venue than eBay, though I noticed that some hacks have not sold on there, most notably a couple of 15 domain portfolios recently. I guess the only way to find out is by letting the market decide the value of the domains, hence the reason I chose to start both my listings so low (one is already active and the other goes active later today).

I wonder how many pastors and ministers I can interest to bid the $100 for JesusChri.st? :laugh:

Last edited:
•••
Good Luck BaldOne!

Pray and Promote ;)

•••
Thanks Toni, now for the next 29 days it will be a case of trying to contact possible end-users and investors. Literally a few minutes ago Fig.ht went live on Flippa, and no one can say that I am not giving them a chance of selling starting off at only $100 each - hells bells, domainers should be fighting over them.

Now to try and get through to Kevin Ham and others about JesusChri.st and possibly Donald Trump about Fig.ht, but in both cases how to get through to them directly evades me.

So now to start 'praying', perhaps, just perhaps that might work.:lol:

•••
Hi Nifty, courie.rs is quite good.

The ".rs" extension is, in fact, superb for great domain hacks. I was checking today, and was amazed to see that names like fastca.rs, executiveca.rs, and familyca.rs are still available to reg!

I'm not in the auto niche, but there's obviously quite an opportunity there for someone...

:wave:

Hi jenna323,
Thanks.

But domain hacks are good only when they one word domains

•••
But domain hacks are good only when they one word domains

Interesting!..

So are you saying that the upcoming gTLD hack look-a-likes, e.g. "new.cars", are no good either.. or does your assumption only cover current-day ccTLDs?

•••
Well it looks like Fig.ht will sell on Flippa.com, now as a single word hack it will be interesting to see what the end price is, at the moment it stands at just $400.

•••
Interesting!..

So are you saying that the upcoming gTLD hack look-a-likes, e.g. "new.cars", are no good either.. or does your assumption only cover current-day ccTLDs?

He doesnt mean that. It's ok if the dot separates the words not a wo.rd A lot of .me hacks sold for big bucks with two words for ex.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I don't understand how a company like orange can pick up Oran.ge when I thought it doesn't operate there?

Anyway I have cast.me.uk, I'm not really sure I can call it a domain hack as such. Any thoughts? In thinking talent agency in the uk etc.

•••
Jameslawrence - you could look up some fishing equipment manufacturers/retailers and drop them an email(?). Perhaps it is just me but when I saw the domain I immediately thought of 'fishing' rather than acting (but that is a good avenue as well).

I think the domain has quite a marketing/advertising appeal for both market niches mentioned above, definitely a direct to end-user market rather than domainer market though as I doubt there is many multiples value in it for a domainer to buy off you and then spend the time and effort finding an end user. I would be thinking somewhere between £250-£750 to an end user, which is well worth them purchasing it to get such a memorable domain.

Hope this helps.

•••
Jameslawrence - you could look up some fishing equipment manufacturers/retailers and drop them an email(?)

Cheers. I never thought of that angle! (No pun intended) :D

•••
•••
probably more interest in acquiring the community and a concept rather then only a hack !

Fridge is closing up shop, while the product and team are folded into Google+. We look forward to continuing the vision of creating great fresh and exciting social group experiences for users across the web.
What about Frid.ge and Google? :)

•••
Just seen a 'twitter' post by BrightNames dated December 31st:

"BrightNames ‏@BrightNames
What is left of our portfolio has been acquired by Adage-Media (http://A-M.com ) for an undisclosed amount.
"

This means that Adage-Media (a company out of Quebec in Canada) have just acquired quite a portfolio of hacks.

Let us see if they come onto the market soon or will be developed?

-Damn, damn, damn, I should have paid more attention to the twitter feeds - I really was hoping to pick up a few names in their portfolio.

More info

Take a look at this page (some damn fine names there)

http://www.awe.so/me/domains/

Don't know about you but it kind of makes my jaw drop! :$:

Last edited:
•••
How much Recharg.es worth?

Hello,
I recently bought Recharg.es.

I'm planning to sell it to some online mobile rechage companies.

How much do you think its worth?

Thanks in advance.

•••
Any thought about this "pseudo" hack domain cu.tl ? :p

•••
Strange that the domain hack detractors haven't commented on the sale of the BrightNames portfolio of domain hacks to the Canadian media company A-M.com (Adage-Media) either on here or on the other forum (where that post has been viewed nearly 200 times alone). I guess there is not a lot they can ridicule when the facts are there staring them in the face. ;)

•••
Strange that the domain hack detractors haven't commented on the sale of the BrightNames portfolio of domain hacks to the Canadian media company A-M.com (Adage-Media) either on here or on the other forum (where that post has been viewed nearly 200 times alone). I guess there is not a lot they can ridicule when the facts are there staring them in the face. ;)

I checked the whois for the a-m.com domain last week (which doesn't resolve by the way) and it showed the name GUERIN; the same last name of the guy who operated Brightnames...

Sooo, it looks very much like a family member took the names on.

:p

•••
Jenna - Check Adage-Media.com ;)

•••
Is this the same portfolio which was for sale at 750k(first price) on DNF? If yes, that's an important move.

•••
Comment on what exactly ? But speaking of facts, give me some hard facts. There are no figures quoted, no details, no nothing, just a PR stunt. That's what it is.
But I have seen crazy things in this industry, like 5- or 6-figure amounts 'invested' in .xxx or .tel domains, the 24hournames fiasco, numerous examples of domain mania, no to mention the bogus sales etc. There is a lot of BS in this industry, and it's full of shattered dreams too.
I personally don't think a sane person would buy a portfolio of domain hacks. One domain maybe, if you're the end user.
So this doesn't pass the smell test imo.

•••
"Ad-age (noun): 1: A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people"

It's arrogantly clever, imho.

•••
Hmmm... "Canadian media company", and "undisclosed price".
It all sounds very confidence-inspiring but the truth is
that no big sale has occurred here, and I very much doubt
that ANY sale has happened.

If you have some confidence in your own names and ability
'though, you won't need made-up "big sale" stories like
this one to light your domainer 'fire'..!

•••
and adage-media is under domain privacy. sounds fishy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back