NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree with you.

The .Net extension is strong and credible. Also, .Nets can be transferred to almost any registrar, and carries a very low renewal rate.

This is quite the opposite for unknown cctlds which tend to be very expensive to renew, carry restrictions, and cannot be transferred to any registrar.

Though, single word .Net hacks are not available, it is quite understandable why this is the case. They may not be available to purchase, some are being used by end-users and sometimes not as hacks.

Personally, .Net was my focus for all my hacks.

e.g. SaveThePlanet (taken in many extensions)

I prefer .Net hacks, just because of it's low cost to renew and it's reputable status... this is not the same with other unknown extensions used for domain hacks.

Thanks for this post. There is a small village near where I live called Mount Garnet.
So I mananaged to hand reg

Mountgar.net
MtGar.net

I m happy with that.

:hearts:

•••
Just bought namesto.re & sublim.it.

Could you send some reviews? Thanks :)

I would make the same comments as the above post for the other 2 word hacks. These are not good names. 2 word hacks don't work well & those are not strong terms at all.

•••
Besides the fact that 2 words hacks are bad because those contain 2 words, the main reason I am avoiding even the premium ones is because of the 2nd word's potential for subdomains. If that happens then my domain loses huge value.

Ex. You have NameSto.re. Sto.re is for sale at 150k (lol) and it takes only another dot : name.sto.re to ruin yours ( comes and goes around though).

Another example is that I have UsedCars and RentalCars but I only regged those because Ca.rs is not available until 2016 (registry) and no one can do that to my pretty worthless (higher than reg fee :) names).

By the way, i just regged Parkers and Lockers from a list of available .rs hacks I have, these two I liked best. If anyone is interested, I can post the list.

•••
•••
Oile.rs
Ange.rs
Pave.rs
Kicke.rs
Poppe.rs
Kille.rs
Blaze.rs
Couga.rs
Ladde.rs
Rapto.rs
Hunte.rs
Jagua.rs
Jumpe.rs
Caste.rs
Gunne.rs
Showe.rs
Rappe.rs
tipste.rs
brande.rs
networke.rs
buste.rs
observe.rs
bestselle.rs

Now I have this list for some time now, some mey be registered, most aren't. Feel free to register whatever you want from the list, I only ask to add some REP to me and post who got what :)

•••
Oile.rs
Ange.rs
Pave.rs
Kicke.rs
Poppe.rs
Kille.rs
Blaze.rs
Couga.rs
Ladde.rs
Rapto.rs
Hunte.rs
Jagua.rs
Jumpe.rs
Caste.rs
Gunne.rs
Showe.rs
Rappe.rs
tipste.rs
brande.rs
networke.rs
buste.rs
observe.rs
bestselle.rs

Now I have this list for some time now, some mey be registered, most aren't. Feel free to register whatever you want from the list, I only ask to add some REP to me and post who got what :)

I didn't take anything, but since you are in the spirit of sharing... I've rep'd you. :tu:

•••
Just bought namesto.re & sublim.it.

Could you send some reviews? Thanks :)

if you want a review go to the appraisals section, although be aware not everyone likes hack names

•••
Not sure if anyone is interested but the hack
Neare.st
Is available at a premium rate of 120£ ish first year then 35 after
Nic.st

•••
BrightNames sold mur.al to mural.ly for $10K. It should be on DNJournal tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

On a side note, why is this topic in ccTLDs? Even though domain name hacks use ccTLDs they don't fit in this category, it should have remained in general.

Last edited:
•••
On a side note, why is this topic in ccTLDs? Even though domain name hacks use ccTLDs they don't fit in this category, it should have remained in general.

they mostly use ccTLDs

•••
•••
US guys: available is cloudantivir.us

Not very good, too long for a hack. But I read a lot about cloud anti virus recently. And the domain name without "us" means something though.

Would take it myself, but am not US citizen.

•••
squar.es sold for 3,000 EUR

Not mine, seen it in NP sales bar. Nice sale!

•••
Reported in the sales thread, but footballscor.es went for 500 Euro last week.

•••
I sold surviv.al today for 500$

•••
Nice sales flow and nice returns :) .

•••
DigitalCamer.as

Hi Hack People

I don't know the first thing about a Hack but I do happen to own a few. One of your fellow Hacks recently saved me from dropping DigitalCamer.as.:rolleyes: I have just now gotten it back on Sedo with a high, Make Offer price.

I'd really appreciate some advice on handling DigitalCamer.as. Is Sedo the place to be? As far as I'm concerned they're not worth a rat's butt. I've had all I can take of them and am pulling 300 names as soon as I get a chance. BUT, considering that DigitalCamer.as is a much higher quality name than the majority of my junk, maybe they're the place to be (??).

And in five years I've never had any luck featuring a listing. Should I make this an exception or just be patient?

I'm a complete Newby with a hack so anything at all that you would care to share would be much appreciated.

DigitalCamer.as

RejoiceIn.Me

Tumble.in

GOINGALL.IN, WENTALL.IN, ACESOVER.ME, CANCERAND.ME, CLOUDSAND.ME, MESOTHELIOMAAND.ME

8^X

•••
Hi Hack People

I don't know the first thing about a Hack but I do happen to own a few. One of your fellow Hacks recently saved me from dropping DigitalCamer.as.:rolleyes: I have just now gotten it back on Sedo with a high, Make Offer price.

I'd really appreciate some advice on handling DigitalCamer.as. Is Sedo the place to be? As far as I'm concerned they're not worth a rat's butt. I've had all I can take of them and am pulling 300 names as soon as I get a chance. BUT, considering that DigitalCamer.as is a much higher quality name than the majority of my junk, maybe they're the place to be (??).

And in five years I've never had any luck featuring a listing. Should I make this an exception or just be patient?

I'm a complete Newby with a hack so anything at all that you would care to share would be much appreciated.

DigitalCamer.as

RejoiceIn.Me

Tumble.in

GOINGALL.IN, WENTALL.IN, ACESOVER.ME, CANCERAND.ME, CLOUDSAND.ME, MESOTHELIOMAAND.ME

8^X

As the owner as the exact same name as yours without the "Digital" in front, I'm not keen on 2 word hacks at all. Cameras are a huge industry, so there may be potential on a buyer down the track, but I don't see it as being a big sale & the $50/year renewal fees will eat up pretty quickly. For me, I wouldn't sell my version for less than 5 figures.

As for the other names, they are really shocking & you really should drop them/sell them off.

•••
Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

As the owner as the exact same name as yours without the "Digital" in front, I'm not keen on 2 word hacks at all. Cameras are a huge industry, so there may be potential on a buyer down the track, but I don't see it as being a big sale & the $50/year renewal fees will eat up pretty quickly. For me, I wouldn't sell my version for less than 5 figures.

As for the other names, they are really shocking & you really should drop them/sell them off.

•••
•••
Sorry to ask a vaque question lads and lasses, but I am not too sure where else to post. :wave:

Can anyone tell me how much a one letter domain hack would be worth, if it spells out someones name.

To give an example of the kind of domain,, a name like zoe might be applicable.

So the domain hack would be z.oe. (as far as I know this is not possible, as .oe domains do not exist)

I would be grateful to know if a domain like this would be a good investment. (however, the problem would be renewal fees, which could be quite high. I have to be vaque because I do not want to give too much away)

This is a genuine question as I do have a domain in mind that I am looking at.

Thank you all for any replies.

BJ :hearts:

Last edited:
•••
What you describe is not an investment but gambling.
Domains should be bought because they have built-in value, at least in your eyes. Not just because there is a very remote possibility that somebody might want to buy it.

•••
Ok I will re phrase my question.

Would it be a good gamble?

•••
*.im? It is too expensive for me.

•••
I can't tell you the extension, but I can say the star * bit is right

:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back