NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would sell between $4k-$8k (more is certainly possible too but time isn't exactly on your side with that one) and I wouldn't think that it will be too hard to get it sold for that money (pro active marketing and full disclosure of the renewal is needed), developing is not the way forward for that domain IMO, turning a quick profit before renewal knocks is...

Good Luck!

•••
at those reg fees how long do you think you can hold onto it for ?? ......interested to know if you have a cut off point ?

Thanks all for the replies.

I do intend to hold onto this one for life, which as we all know can come to an end quite abruptly.

If you think of the domains renewal being like the outlay for an expensive domain. i.e a domain costing you £40,000 is actually costing you a renewal of £1200, because of the interest lost in the bank.

Maybe this domain name is not worth that, but you must admit, it would be very catchy for the young market.

That is why we bought it, to hopefully develop a site for the trendy market, "so called".

If a young startup company wants to buy it off us, so much the better, however, we will not be selling this soon, in the low thousands.

Kim (tim) :laugh:

•••
Thanks all for the replies.

I do intend to hold onto this one for life, which as we all know can come to an end quite abruptly.

If you think of the domains renewal being like the outlay for an expensive domain. i.e a domain costing you £40,000 is actually costing you a renewal of £1200, because of the interest lost in the bank.

Maybe this domain name is not worth that, but you must admit, it would be very catchy for the young market.

That is why we bought it, to hopefully develop a site for the trendy market, "so called".

If a young startup company wants to buy it off us, so much the better, however, we will not be selling this soon, in the low thousands.

Kim (tim) :laugh:

hey hey hey kim or tim .....LOL

Wish you all the best, keep us informed of any good news

•••
Inco.me

Havnt visited the forum in a while. I see some hacks worth the value of the word and the extension.

I have Retire.me but wouldnt mind having the hack .re even though I never see dot re make any headlines.

Since dot me does make headlines and good sales, I would most place on the word it makes so Id like to view the opinions of the hack forum.

I have a number in mind and wouldnt sell it for less.

Whats your price eval of Inco.me

•••
.ME is def making dnjournal often but mostly with 'word.me' names. At a first sight Inco.me should be top but looking at it better..dont really know what to think, it just doest feel appealing as a hack for me.

Also, I was very close to sell a .re hack for low-mid 4 figures but deal went through because of unclear Afnic terms for .re ( which is now not a problem anymore for EU).

•••
Havnt visited the forum in a while. I see some hacks worth the value of the word and the extension.

I have Retire.me but wouldnt mind having the hack .re even though I never see dot re make any headlines.

Since dot me does make headlines and good sales, I would most place on the word it makes so Id like to view the opinions of the hack forum.

I have a number in mind and wouldnt sell it for less.

Whats your price eval of Inco.me

A good hack i think, it also passes the radio test ....well done

•••
Hey guys, let me do the update of this thread :) I've recently registered two domain hacks. Check their names at signature and please let me know what do you think? :)

•••
Hey guys, let me do the update of this thread :) I've recently registered two domain hacks. Check their names at signature and please let me know what do you think? :)

I doubt the average joe would get it to be honest, good luck !

•••
^agreed, I don't like them either, but you should be able to get your reg fee back from another domainer

•••
They're not for sale, I'm developing websites on them. But thanks for your feedback :)

•••
Never did get forum responders on price value wound up selling Inco.me $5500. I am certain they have wonderful plans in mind for that name. Thought you'd all like the news for your record keeping.
Am only okay with price as it was fair, am certain I may have sellers remorse in later years.

•••
Never did get forum responders on price value wound up selling Inco.me $5500. I am certain they have wonderful plans in mind for that name. Thought you'd all like the news for your record keeping.
Am only okay with price as it was fair, am certain I may have sellers remorse in later years.

It's more than fair, imho. It's not an industry suited to hacks and few serious end users will use a traditional hack.

Something more edgy I get. This one I don't (though it's a good hack if you're into that kind of thing).

Sellers remorse is a waste of energy.

•••

Wow, i'm pleased for you, a good price. How
did you attract the buyer?

•••
.ME is def making dnjournal often but mostly with 'word.me' names. At a first sight Inco.me should be top but looking at it better..dont really know what to think, it just doest feel appealing as a hack for me.

Also, I was very close to sell a .re hack for low-mid 4 figures but deal went through because of unclear Afnic terms for .re ( which is now not a problem anymore for EU).

So are verb.me domains considered hacks? it seems a grey area to me and I was curious of your opinions
I have a lot of verb.me domains and although I consider them domain hacks I'm not sure if others do
a few of my domains are
Undress.Me
WillYouMarry.Me
and
BidOn.Me
I sold a few .me "hacks" in the 5 figure range each over the past few years and was also wondering what you guys would value those 3 at
thanks! :)

•••
So are verb.me domains considered hacks? it seems a grey area to me and I was curious of your opinions
I have a lot of verb.me domains and although I consider them domain hacks I'm not sure if others do
a few of my domains are
Undress.Me
WillYouMarry.Me
and
BidOn.Me
I sold a few .me "hacks" in the 5 figure range each over the past few years and was also wondering what you guys would value those 3 at
hack is more when the extension creates a word such as cri isnt a word but add .me and it is a hack for crime.

Your examples are simply domain words with an extension but are MUCH better if verb dot me shows action versus oakdesk.me, so yours are still decent names for sure.

If you have any one word action verb dot me id be interested btw. If two or more they are good but Id like the one worders myself such as kiss, love, hug, rate etc. what u looking for Undress?

•••
a few of my domains are
Undress.Me
WillYouMarry.Me
and
BidOn.Me

Who cares what people think is a hack? Anyway

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/669366-domain-hack-terminology.html

•••
Thanks
I received an offer for 10k on undress.me just a little while ago, but decided to reject it because that same week I sold another .me for 20k
A few of my 1 word verb .me domains are
Admire.Me
Attempt.Me
Haunt.Me
Smell.Me
Reinvent.Me
and Unbox.Me (which I am looking for partners in developing)
I have a few 1 word adjective .me domains too such as
Exciting.Me & Fierce.Me

and a few of my actual .me hacks would be
LunchTi.me
Regi.me
and Supre.me

I have a lot more non-1 word .mes (like BidOn.Me & WillYouMarry.Me) too
Thanks for the input!

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Just curiosity
Great thread btw, both confused and clarified things for me haha :)
Thanks!!!

•••
Thanks
I received an offer for 10k on undress.me just a little while ago, but decided to reject it because that same week I sold another .me for 20k
A few of my 1 word verb .me domains are
Admire.Me
Attempt.Me
Haunt.Me
Smell.Me
Reinvent.Me
and Unbox.Me (which I am looking for partners in developing)
I have a few 1 word adjective .me domains too such as
Exciting.Me & Fierce.Me

and a few of my actual .me hacks would be
LunchTi.me
Regi.me
and Supre.me

I have a lot more non-1 word .mes (like BidOn.Me & WillYouMarry.Me) too
Thanks for the input!

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Just curiosity
Great thread btw, both confused and clarified things for me haha :)
Thanks!!!

Really nice .me domains, I like Admire.me :)

I too own some .ME domains, what do you guys think of these domains:

Commission.me
Configure.me
Developer.me
Sexe.me: (French)
Sex me
bbc.me

Just curious because you said you sold some .me domains for $30k and $20k.

•••
Thanks

I really think that was a huge offer for that name & another one of that size would be hard to come by, but you never know, you may get lucky again.

If you don't mind sharing, what where the other .me names you sold in the $xx,xxx range?

•••
thanks!

You should have a better idea, if you sold some already. Can you please list some of the sales?

•••
They were private sales so I am not sure if I can list the names.
Last year we had 2 5 figure and 1 upper 4 figure private sales. Also had a couple of 1-2k sales. All .me
One of them was a streight up offer with no negotiating which led me to wonder if it was undervalued by me which is why I was asking oppinions on those
Thanks, admire.me is one of my favorites too

•••
@blackjack21 - good luck with that auction, pushing hacks to auction at sedo hasn't gotten me any additional bids in the past but then again I never pushed for $100 so you will hopefully get some more bids...

@LightsOfRay - congrats, some of my best sales and offers have been for .me hacks too, now I got only 3 left (for one of them I have refused a $10k offer, I regret not accepting it back then, will likely not see such an offer again for this domain)

•••
Toni,
You will see high offers again just hang in there. Mind me asking what was the domain?
I dont know why but when I park with trafficz I always get no revenue but get high offers lol.. may just be coincidence but who knows..

•••
•••
Toni,
You will see high offers again just hang in there. Mind me asking what was the domain

I am hoping but I don't think I will have the patience and confidence in that particular domain, it was a very good offer already. I don't want to mention the domain name..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back