Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bradskid said:
I have a quick question... As a bodis member, I initially started with just some mediocore names.. to see how it did. I have never advertised or even talked about any of these domain names to anyone, and was curious to see if they would get picked up in search engines. So far, over the past 2 days I have 0 views for 85 domains. My similar profile on sedo gets between 450-600 uniques a day.... Any thoughts? Oh, and it isn't ok to be linking to parked pages is it? Because if not I will PM the owner a fairly large site that is directly linking their parked pages... I saw this yesterday as I was browsing names to purchase.

There is a delay on Bodis to update the numbers. Usually it's a day, but sometimes it can be more than that. The Overview link tells us that the last time the numbers were updated was Oct 1st. So maybe you just need to wait for the next update.

But if you have "mediocore names" to begin with, give it a few weeks for the clicks to start coming in. I think it has something to do with the search engines indexing the new parked page. (Assuming you are not expecting all type-in traffic.)

Incidentally, how is a similar mediocre portfolio getting 450-600 uniques a day on Sedo? Amazing. Wish all my so-so sites got that...heck , got anything! :'(

Last edited:
•••
gorlov said:
"Bad" traffic may have nothing at all to do with the origin.. for the advertisers, "bad" traffic is non-converting traffic, no matter where the origin is.
Perhaps the traffic is looking for a specific thing, similar to what your advertisers sell, but just not exactly... so they won't buy anything.

Or perhaps the Advertiser prices are way up the roof to begin with and would definitely not convert??? I call this "Bad Advertiser"!!!

gorlov said:
Even that kind of case may be called "bad" traffic, but is impossible to know for the domain owner. (Which is why the domain(s), not the whole account, should be disabled.)

On another parking provider the same domain may be "good", because they may have a feed used by advertisers that happen to sell exactly what your traffic is looking for... so it converts.

And, probably this Advertiser is not jacking up their prices and is considered a "Good Converting Advertiser!!!"

gorlov said:
Which is why no single parking provider is good for every domain...

It would be nice for a parking provider to weed out such Advertisers and only offer "Good Converting Advertisers!!!" (But then again, I guess its bad for business specially if only a handful of advertisers are available, but if there is a gazillion, then probably it would be beneficial as well to do this!)

But to sum it all up, high paying providers will win no matter how jacked up they conduct their business!

We're all in this for the greens. Just my weird thoughts.

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
My Bodis account has been reinstated with my previous revenue earned, although I have not recieved a payment yet and missed two days of revenue atleast my account is active again. Although I am happy Matt has corrected his mistake I am going to test the waters with other parking companies.

Thanks Matt, when can I expect my first payment?
-zurc

•••
zurcsdomains said:
Although I am happy Matt has corrected his mistake I am going to test the waters with other parking companies.

Thanks Matt, when can I expect my first payment?
-zurc

Are those domains that you will test on other ppc been tagged by Matt as "Bad traffic Domains?"

Next payment for Sept rev is Oct 15.

•••
Just to update everyone.

Not everyone will be reinstated, unfortunately. Some people have the worst quality traffic domains in the world. Also, there will be more account terminations following.

If you only have 1 or 2 bad domains, I will ban the domains. But if an account has 80% bad traffic domains, and 50% of those we have received complaints for from our upstream ad provider, well...there is not much I can do.

•••
My revenue has gone down...down...down...since the past few days.
But i am willing to stay on...on...on...BODIS as it is still better than my previous parking service.

However, i seriously hope that Bodis gets back to its good RPC levels.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Just to update everyone.

Not everyone will be reinstated, unfortunately. Some people have the worst quality traffic domains in the world. Also, there will be more account terminations following.

If you only have 1 or 2 bad domains, I will ban the domains. But if an account has 80% bad traffic domains, and 50% of those we have received complaints for from our upstream ad provider, well...there is not much I can do.

I've PMed and e-mailed you.

•••
godolphin said:
However, i seriously hope that Bodis gets back to its good RPC levels.

It will. Give it another 1-2 months once we clean up all bad portfolios and get everything back on track.

•••
jhansen said:
Is there any way whatsoever you can define "bad" traffic? I'm sure most people would be more than happy to avoid having such names at Bodis, which would certainly save you time and lessen the complaints you're getting.

You say that type-in traffic can be bad, so the source of traffic is apparently not the only determinate.

Is the origin of the traffic (that is, names w/high traffic from Turkey....Japan...China...etc) what defines it as 'bad'?

What criteria causes your feed provider to term a domain as having 'bad' traffic?

If this could just be cleared up, it would be an enormous step toward resolving the past few days of chaos/complaints.

Thank you very much!

-Justin
Matt clearly defined the Bodis position here:
http://www.namepros.com/2139759-post112.html

CFGuru said:
Okay, so here comes the my view / Bodis.com view:

First off, I must say, what was considered to be legit traffic in the past, can now be just as legit, but considered click fraud by ad providers. Now I cannot get into the details on what we consider to be a fraud click, otherwise we'd be opening up new ideas for click fraud scammers to make revenue for themselves and decrease revenue for the legit domain parking owners - but it goes basically like this:

If somebody comes in and clicks an advertisement 8 times in a row - it is click fraud. Even multiple advertisements. Yes, most parking companies like Bodis.com accept multiple clicks - but how many is too many? Well, 8 could possibly be too many. It is really all upto our ad providers and what exactly they think of the clicks. But, even when I search for something on Google, for instance "web design company", I actually go ahead and click all the Sponsored Links. I know I click over 5 ads at times, and am I fraud? No. As a matter of fact, I once ordered a design from a design company through the Sponsored Links after I clicked each one. I then picked the best design company out of the ones and used it.

Well, that is click fraud nowadays to many of these ad providers. Many clicks from the same person are a big no-no. And instead of just 1 being credited for it, none are.

But many parking companies have a problem with not having "legit traffic". We just have a problem with not having "legit clicks". You can send your garbage traffic, but if you click an ad and we notice that you are not legit through our real-time filters, you will not be credited for it. Neither will the ad providers credit us.

Really, no parking company, not even the ad providers can tell parking companies - what is legit and what is not. Obviously, once again - this opens roads for scammers. We just have to put ourselves in their shoes and create the anti-fraud tools that we think the ad providers would be using. That's how much parking companies operate as well.

These are technicalities, obviously things like traffic/clicks from incentives, etc are also going to be considered junk traffic and can get you banned from parking companies out there.

Hope this helps.

Cy

•••
I am happy to report my account has been reinstated. Aside from the two days of no earnings, it has been rather upsetting in the interim.

I guess we all need to be careful when acquiring expired names. I will continue to test names, though if there is ever a problem with a specific name (traffic) please let me know.

:xf.love:

•••
Bodis Domain Bans

cfguru360 said:
Just to update everyone.

Matt,

How will we know if one or more of our domains are banned? Will we get an email notification? That would be most desirable.

Will you let us know when this round of "account terminations" is finished? So, we can all get off the pins and needles.

•••
You will get email notification for any type of termination.

I hope to have it all cleared by tomorrow evening. Overall it seems that we actually have banned about 10% of the accounts, which is less than I expected.

Although from now on we will have audits VERY frequently to make sure we do not have anyone with an enormous amount of bad quality traffic coming in.

On Friday we should have the tax forms up electronically and I will put up a Fax Phone Line for those that want to fax it manually. We will have an email address for those that want to scan and send manually as well. The electronic signature method will probably be the preferred. ;)

•••
How will the "electronic signature method" work? I'm not going to sign anything. I will just type my name, Donald Duck. Is this OK?

•••
Thanks Matt!!

Wow, Matt. Thanks so much for responding so quickly and clarifying the audit schedule and confirming that we will receive email notifications. That will help many of us relax a bit.

You need to know that we tremendously appreciate your communication with us and keeping us up-to-date on the happenings at Bodis, even though it may sometimes be bad news. The only thing that is really BAD is when there is no communication.

Thanks. :tu:

•••
I've been looking for another place to test some of my domains so will probably give Bodis a shot when I get my act together - right now things are a bit crazy - another thing when I went to the Bodis home page and it says in the FAQ's area: "Take a Tour of our parking program to view a few samples." I click but it only takes me back to the home tour page with that one sample on it ? or am I missing something ?

Cheers Folks,

Pjay

•••
cfguru360 said:

I hope to have it all cleared by tomorrow evening. Overall it seems that we actually have banned about 10% of the accounts, which is less than I expected.

Although from now on we will have audits VERY frequently to make sure we do not have anyone with an enormous amount of bad quality traffic coming in.

Matt, for those with issues (not me thankfully) perhaps something that could help would be some form of statistics feedback on the reporting. Actually, I'd love to see more on the reporting side as it would greatly help to tune sites for better traffic. But, if you could add some "quality" measure that would help. Perhaps some form of daily "score" on the traffic. It could be as simple as %clicks_accepted by the ad provider (watch out for bias on low click domains) or something more complex depending upon the amount of information the ad provider feeds back to you. To avoid scammers looking at fast feedback to tune their responses, you could just use a rolling average over 5-10 or even 30 days. That would prevent fast manipulation but still provide a reasonable tuning metric for many of us. It's in all of our interests to maximize the quality.

cfguru360 said:
On Friday we should have the tax forms up electronically and I will put up a Fax Phone Line for those that want to fax it manually. We will have an email address for those that want to scan and send manually as well. The electronic signature method will probably be the preferred. ;)
Have you looked into the need for these forms for people earning LESS than $600 per year? Right now I'm very low volume on Bodis until it shakes out. I'd almost rather leave the money in the account until it gets higher before I share my financial information with you Matt (e.g., SSN, address, etc). While I believe you're on the up and up, I don't know what security measures your taking to protect my financial information. The simple fact that you want people to scan and email the forms is setting off alarm bells for me. E-mail isn't secure at all, yet you're asking people to send you enough information to get a credit card in their name via that unsecure channel. It doesn't inspire confidence. Please revisit the need for accounts less than $600, and also rethink how you're going to collect, process, and store that information!

•••
gof said:
and also rethink how you're going to collect, process, and store that information!

Indeed, The company I work for has just finished with a multimillion dollar project to bring us in line with upcoming law changes with regards to handling of customer and employee information. (Even had maintenance guys in installing secondary locks on server cabinets and extra security cameras up to monitor them...)

Some companies use your social security number or part of it for a timeclock punch, or to view online paystubs ect. This is illegal in several states now and will be in more as future laws go into effect. Though I've yet to hear if it bieng enforced.

Matt's database could be a very high risk target even for a physical break in. Names, addresses, and social security numbers, are bad. But concider that the thief could cross reference them with a list of who is making good money and owns good high value domain names. My social probably wouldn't net an identity thief more than a few thousand dollars before I run out of credit. On the other hand someone making a million dollars a year could net a smart thief 100k or more.

•••
Electronic signature will be just typing your full name, that is correct.

People under $600 revenue do NOT need to sign any tax forms, that is correct as well.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Electronic signature will be just typing your full name, that is correct.

People under $600 revenue do NOT need to sign any tax forms, that is correct as well.
Thanks for clarifying the $600 point Matt. Here's hoping I DO need to send in the form in the near future :)

•••
cfguru360 said:

I have 90 % Latvian, polish typein traffic i get ban in bodis ?

•••
Only 10% will be booted out?
Whoever has any real traffic better hope that Matt gets tough on fraud and perceived fraud.

The reason that places like Sedo pay the pittance they pay is because they let everyone in. Advertisers just assume that half of SEDO's clicks and traffic are garbage and thus pay accordingly. Since they can't tell very well which half is the bad one, we all get screwed.

•••
Reinstated

Matt,

Thanks for checking and reinstating my account.

I hope you'll notify us if there are problems with a specific domain. I would gladly drop any domain that shows unacceptable traffic.

Thanks again for taking the time to check it out.

•••
StantheMan said:
Matt,

Thanks for checking and reinstating my account.

I hope you'll notify us if there are problems with a specific domain. I would gladly drop any domain that shows unacceptable traffic.

Thanks again for taking the time to check it out.

Thats really good news Stan. :) Good luck.

•••
What a diference a day makes.... Just yesterday there were so many on the lookout for that dreaded e-mail. Today I can almost hear a massive sigh of relief all over Name Pros.

Lets hope that this serves as a lesson for some and as a warning to all of us. We have become aware of problems that many of us were unaware of.

GIL

Last edited:
•••
gof said:
Have you looked into the need for these forms for people earning LESS than $600 per year?

Can anyone clarify this???
I thought that is $600 a month?

Also, need help on my domain picture? I know there was a post on how to fit it and not stretch the picture as it stands right now.
"326 pixel wide by 171 pixel high that is less than 30 kb"
I need a program name to do this. Pls. help, just started to replace pictures that is not available from bodis that would relate to my domains. :(
Or can anyone direct me to the post (Thread is too long to look, rather get it at end of this thread)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back