Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's $600 per year. That's the threshold for having to pay taxes in the US.

You can get some photo editing software from Google for free:

http://pack.google.com

It's called Picasa - a commercial product they bought and started giving away for free. There's other stuff in the Pack, but you don't need to download or install anything you don't want.

•••
netmeg said:
It's $600 per year. That's the threshold for having to pay taxes in the US.
Just to clarify this. The US requires businesses (Bodis in this case) to collect tax information and report pay outs when the payments exceed $600 per year from that business.

But, even if you don't get a form from a business reporting the income, YOU are still supposed to report the income to the government and can be penalized for not doing so. That's why there's starting to be more and more focus on the big sellers on eBay and other on-line sales operations by tax collection agencies (see this NY Times article) Heck, technically you're supposed to report any profits you make selling things at a garage sale. Of course the cost basis calculation might be a bit involved. :hehe:

•••
Hello Matt,

My domains are mostly .pl and the traffic is from Poland. I have 80% of traffic that is comming from old websites, that was previously on this domains.

I have two questions

1. Is it acceptable?
2. If not, do i get my revenue i had earned before blocked account?

off course, my account is working ok, and wasn't blocked, it's supposedly question :)

Last edited:
•••
godolphin said:
My revenue has gone down...down...down...since the past few days.
But i am willing to stay on...on...on...BODIS as it is still better than my previous parking service.

However, i seriously hope that Bodis gets back to its good RPC levels.

I've seen a HUGE drop in my names as well. All my traffic is legit, but I'm down 30-40% in the last couple days Matt. It would be difficult to sit back and just HOPE the revenue goes up in "the next couple months" as you noted.

Your very good at keeping us informed. Please keep us in the loop on this as well.

-Mike

•••
trlsker01 said:
Can anyone clarify this???
I thought that is $600 a month?

Also, need help on my domain picture? I know there was a post on how to fit it and not stretch the picture as it stands right now.
"326 pixel wide by 171 pixel high that is less than 30 kb"
I need a program name to do this. Pls. help, just started to replace pictures that is not available from bodis that would relate to my domains. :(
Or can anyone direct me to the post (Thread is too long to look, rather get it at end of this thread)
Paint.net is free image editing software. It works like Paint Shop Pro and can easily handle the image demands of resizing images for Bodis

•••
dcmike77 said:
I've seen a HUGE drop in my names as well. All my traffic is legit, but I'm down 30-40% in the last couple days Matt. It would be difficult to sit back and just HOPE the revenue goes up in "the next couple months" as you noted.

Your very good at keeping us informed. Please keep us in the loop on this as well.

-Mike

I'm looking at 50-60% drop and I agree...sitting tight for a few months isn't really an option

•••
Some Bodis Improvement Suggestions

Hi Matt,

I know you have a boatload of other problems to deal with right now, but based on the team approach you mentioned on your home page I think you might appreciate some suggestions I came up with on how to improve Bodis. Feel free to ignore any and all of these if you are too overwhelmed at the moment. But you may even enjoy doing something different after tracking down all that bad traffic. :td:

Bodis Suggestions (in rough order of personal importance):

1. Short of allowing us custom HTML on each site, PLEASE supply us with a box that allows us to add tracking to the domain, such as StatCounter code. Man alive, that would make this the best Parking service ever. What’s great about this is that unlike other parking companies you won’t have to go thru all the trouble to provide us with statistical tools yourself (that may not even fit our needs)…we can get our own statistics!

2. Do something about keywords that return no results. Show us a warning somewhere but have the domain display generic popular searches in the meantime.

3. Along the same lines, sites with no keywords should get a generic list of popular searches. Right now the users get a blank screen with a cryptic message.

4. On the Full Domain Report list, add a Customize Domain button (preferably a link) for each site. (Lots of times I go there, see a page that has high clicks but very low to zero CTR. At that point I usually want to go directly to the customize page.)

5. On the customize site page, the "Gallery Image" needs video/movie industry images.

6. Allow us to re-add sites that are already in the portfolio with new keywords. (Bulk keyword changes.)

7. If you change your email address, do you log in using the new address? If not, allow us to use the new email as our new login. (Currently I am using my “Valence” email address -- Thanks for the great response BTW! -- But I would like to change it to my permanent “DADomains” email address.)

8. If a keyword returns only one category, than have a 1 page lander. (Unless you think search engines do not like 1 page landers.)

9. Full Domain Report page should have a drop down containing: By year, By month, By week, By day. Currently we only get a monthly breakdown.

10. On the Domain Report page, in the Filter by Selection drop down, have a "yesterday" option. (For those days when the updates take longer than 1 day.)

11. On the Manage Domains list, remember the "Domains per page" selection from session to session. (I am constantly changing that value to Show All.)

12. On the Manage Domains list AND the domain customize page, in the instructions at the top, add in BOLD letters: "You must save your changes using the button at the bottom of the page!"

13. On the domain customize page, right next to the custom image gadget, remind us of the optimum dimensions. (To prevent stretched and skewed images.)

14. Allow us to enter Sale status directly in the Add Domains input box, if desired. Right after each keyword, comma seperated.

15. On the customize domains page, have a bar showing a sample of each color currently selected.

16. To keep things consistent, the customize domain page should have a title like "Customize Domain". The domain name can go below that.

17. On the Full Domain Report page, the word "accumalated " is misspelled.

There you have it. Sorry if any of these have been mentioned before. I was going to email this list directly to you but then I figured people who either concur or disagree with these changes might want to comment on them.

Thank you for your attention and keep up the great work!

-Tony
“Valence”
DADomains

Last edited:
•••
We are at the 100th page now.

Congrats everyone. :)

•••
•••
•••
Fine here.

No 10/03 stats yet though.

•••
notlikeyou said:
not for me, loads fine

funny, now mine loads too

getting paranoid

•••
•••
Huge drop here

NickRac said:
I'm looking at 50-60% drop and I agree...sitting tight for a few months isn't really an option

Me too am seeing over 40% drop in click rate and revenue last few days and seem to get worse every day. I hope that's not a trend that will send us again looking for the "next big thing" in parking...

Last edited:
•••
•••
Things have changed, my domains are making less than what they did on sedo :(

•••
Lousy day for me too! Let's see what tomorrow brings. It's been like a yoyo, good days followed by dry spells, followed by good days followed by ...... :-/

100 pages is a milestone!

GIL

•••
•••
lol...... 4 or 5 days in a row, my domains is hitting it's lowest ground. I really don't see the 100% revenue share ;)

•••
Anobiz said:
Things have changed, my domains are making less than what they did on sedo :(

Anobiz,
Making less than on Sedo is HARD to do. I realize this is Beta, and there have been multiple problems, but I hope things improve soon. Personally, I'm going to hang in there for a while.

•••
going down as most of us....

•••
He said it will be 1 to 2 months before we see revenue go back to what it was. Mine has gone from $3-$4 a day on my good name to under a $1 but knew it was going to go that way from what matt said.

•••
Well, good news...

Ok, I felt I should chime in for people on the other side of the fence.

I am psyched because my income went UP. Now granted I have a few new sites in there, but mostly it's the "old timer" sites that are doing better. So I am happy, no complaints. :tu:

•••
Have faith guys...Matt is doing a great job and we will see revenue improve, of that i am sure :tu:

some high click value today - 4 clicks for $2.59 for a "run of the mill" name :)

•••
Last request for the 100 pages, please add .com.mx support :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back