NameSilo

"Define Legit Traffic"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This is carried over from another thread...

Have at it boys and girls.

Cy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I want to start off by saying that this thread has be extremely informative and has been a real treat to read. One thing that I found interesting is how unknown the traffic numbers are for type-ins for many of the premium names. I find it hard to believe that mortgage.com only gets around 200 type-ins a day. Say that mortgage.com is parked and gets a ctr of 90%(I figure people who type-in the word will click links) and get 50 cents a click that is $90 a day and $32850 revenue for the year. That seems like a really low number for a domain like mortgage.com.

Based off of what I have read in this thread I am under the impression that the parking industry will be changing in the near future with a demand set more on premium names. If the parking companies make it so only names like mortgage.com will be accepted into parking companies I think they may end up really shrinking the market. If a name like mortgage.com is only making $32,000 a year there is no way the name should be parked and not developed. One that note if the premium names are being developed and the other names are not being allowed into the parking programs I see that parking industry shrinking in size by a great deal.

I realize that alot of what I am saying is based off of assumptions but given the numbers that I see infront of me it would seem like the parking industry is in for a major change.

•••
Parking with the best will win out

8,000 back links, lol

Anyway its great to see a frank discussion from Fabulous, etc, but I don't think many others will be so candid.

The reason Fabulous is shows they have nothing to hide and they treat the domain owner with high regard. The parking companies who are putting the screw to us are not going to tell us how they do it. They simply will not join the chat. Hope I am wrong here, but that is my take.

Domain owners want to understand parking in depth.

I think the best parking companies who are the leaders in sharing profits above the board will win out in the end, as we all flock to them. Witness Fab and now bodis.

Last edited:
•••
John (-X-) PM'd Matt (cfguru) and invited him to join the thread as well. We look forward to hearing the Bodis view.

Cy

•••
geb9696 said:
I want to start off by saying that this thread has be extremely informative and has been a real treat to read. One thing that I found interesting is how unknown the traffic numbers are for type-ins for many of the premium names. I find it hard to believe that mortgage.com only gets around 200 type-ins a day. Say that mortgage.com is parked and gets a ctr of 90%(I figure people who type-in the word will click links) and get 50 cents a click that is $90 a day and $32850 revenue for the year. That seems like a really low number for a domain like mortgage.com.

Based off of what I have read in this thread I am under the impression that the parking industry will be changing in the near future with a demand set more on premium names. If the parking companies make it so only names like mortgage.com will be accepted into parking companies I think they may end up really shrinking the market. If a name like mortgage.com is only making $32,000 a year there is no way the name should be parked and not developed. One that note if the premium names are being developed and the other names are not being allowed into the parking programs I see that parking industry shrinking in size by a great deal.

I realize that alot of what I am saying is based off of assumptions but given the numbers that I see infront of me it would seem like the parking industry is in for a major change.

Parking companies make several streams of revenue, Not just revenue from traffic itself, I touched based on this, A page or two back, So i doubt domain parking is going to shrink any time soon, We don't know the true givin traffic to Mortgage.com , Further more, The amount of revenue streams Mortgage makes, So there is no way to calculate the amount of money per year , Mortgage.com makes. Once you remove your names from one parking to the other, The parking company that you left, Just started losing revenue, As i stated in an earlier post, Revenue streams begin at the time one puts there names on, and points there name to a parking service, And the feeds are being shown.This may not be the case with ALL parking services, But i know a few that do make revenue that way, So with multiple revenue streams, CPM - CPA and the CPA being off some ones parking page that got 0.20 for the click, The parking company got the revenue for the CPA, There is no reason for such parking companies to change anything, The more feeds they publish, The more revenue they make, Clicks and impression don't play a key role with these type of parking companies, The more, The better, so to speak.

~ Cyberian ~ said:
John (-X-) PM'd Matt (cfguru) and invited him to join the thread as well. We look forward to hearing the Bodis view.

Cy

Awesome ...Kenny... No question about it, We absolutley look forward to hearing Bodis.com's position on these subjects.

goodkarmaco said:
8,000 back links, lol

Anyway its great to see a frank discussion from Fabulous, etc, but I don't think many others will be so candid.

The reason Fabulous is shows they have nothing to hide and they treat the domain owner with high regard. The parking companies who are putting the screw to us are not going to tell us how they do it. They simply will not join the chat. Hope I am wrong here, but that is my take.

Domain owners want to understand parking in depth.

I think the best parking companies who are the leaders in sharing profits above the board will win out in the end, as we all flock to them. Witness Fab and now bodis.

I agree, It is very doubtful that alot of the parking companies will disclose thier revenue streams, But that really isn't relevent, That is how they make thier living, There is no doubt that Fabulous.com is a leader in the domain parking industry, I have alot of respect for Fabulous.

I think it will be a matter of, Who will still be standing when web2.0 really begins to make a full impact, Only time will tell , which parking companies make the right moves to stay and compete.

Last edited:
•••
First of all i just want to thank all of you people.. for making this post wonderfull... Its so informative and so much things have came accross...

Really gr8 work..

There are still many questions in my mind.. which are not clear to me.....

I have been trying and playing around with my domains with different parking companies... With my small research i see lods of difference with each parking..

I got bunch of names. And started putting into parking sites every month..... Like 1st month namedrive, 2nd month imonetize, 3rd month domain sponsor.. that way..

And i see the difference in each parking. I get good vistors @ some parking than others. Some get good CTR....

But one thing i dont understand is Earnings..

I tried Name Drive, Sedo, Domainsponsor. which all use Google Feeds...

now the same domain of mine has so much of difference in CPC... @ sedo its really bad what i got per click... @ namedrive little better... and @ Domainsponsor really good CPC i got...

All 3 use google feed.. but difference in the earning in all 3 is big.. ... @ sedo if i get 20 cents.. then @ namedrive i get around $1.. and @ DS its $2 to $3 a click many times.. May be optimisation methods are good @ particular parking or whatever... im trying to work out how it goes along.

Y is the difference with same feeds.. I dont understand.. Yes i know some parking companies pay 60% some may pay 80% whatever it is.. but the difference is lot..

From my research i see some domains perfom really well @ some parking as compared to any.. So i just try difference parking for all my names.. and whichever parking perfoms well for the particular parking i keep those domains there..I dont know about others.. but its working for me...

Anyways would like to hear.. how it goes for all you people...

Thank you

•••
geb9696 said:
Based off of what I have read in this thread I am under the impression that the parking industry will be changing in the near future with a demand set more on premium names.

(1) and (2) click landing pages.

Some of my more generic names have the (1) click landers which yield very nice CTR and it doesn't seem to matter what gTLD but more that the name is generic/premium. While the lesser generics with the (2) click landers have a much lower CTR, So that's already one way yahoo can reward you for parking generic names.

Last edited:
•••
I find that names can all of a sudden perform and make a big click price, then die off for a while. So in my view parking for a month or two at each parking service is not that accurate. It is a good way to get a general feeling for how certain names perform, but I have had names that I was about to move to a new parking company all of a sudden make $15.00 in a week.

I guess all I am saying is park names longer term than a month, as moving them around often may not provide a true picture of a names potential.

Thks Cyberian for making this post. Many questions need to be answered and maybe the cloud of ppc revenue can be exposed. I wonder to how some companies who claim they "pay more than anyone" and are obvious the worst, can be so reverred as parking companies. How many domainers have waited for years for their pay per click revenue to grow, only to come to the conclusion that their statements are not true.

Over inflated statements from the parking companies about their high payouts may get domaners involved but we are not dumb. Yes we do get smarter as time goes on, but a lot of time is wasted leaving domains in a place that only claims to deliver better payouts.

So this kind of dialogue is very important to us. I think to it will be of great benefit to the parking companies who openly get involved, thus earning out trust.

Was it in the Dj that information on the ratings of all the parking providers is shown?

•••
.X. said:
Badger, Has not really touched base on iMoDo.com , Rather pay per click traffic is acceptable or unacceptable, And what the exact origion of traffic will be allowed into the program.

Im not sure what you'd like me to add...? :-/

As Ed has intimated, everyone is served by the same two companies and therefore bound by a very similar set of principals.

One thing i'll add as a generic comment is that every day the feed providers improve their anti-fraud and traffic quality assessment solely for the benefit of the advertisers. It has to be so. And I cannot state that strong enough. Domainers and their traffic are an important cog in the wheel of PPC but not as important as the root funding source of all PPC revenue i.e. the advertisers.

My point is this. If you believe that your domain/s provide good, clean traffic which gives a value add for an advertiser then you deserve to receive high end PPC for your traffic. If you dont get this from your provider then complain or change providers.

There is no definitive list per se of "do's and dont's" in order to achieve this, root feed providers and parking companies strive to achieve this particular juggling act on your behalf. And with advertisers now having the option to "opt out" of the AFD program at adwords, in order to maintain the current status quo, the guys at adsense and domain match have had to raise the bar with regard the quality of traffic which they and in turn we provide, or else...

And another point. If you have domains that couldnt possibly get type in traffic or receive clicks on keywords unrelated to the domain then why complain when you get $0.01 clicks. What "value add" did your traffic give to the advertiser? Can you honestly say that your traffic had any chance of converting for the advertiser?

This takes me back to an earlier point i made in this thread regarding web directories. Lets imagine an internet user somehow comes across some obscure web directory and then finds a link to your domain. He follows that link and clicks one of your ads. Did he do that because he was simply intrigued, or did he do that because he had a genuine need for that advertisers services or products?

Dont misinterpret what I am saying, this isnt about click fraud so much anymore, the game is now about how well your traffic converts when it reaches the advertisers site. The clicks may be real but, as an adwords advertiser myself, receiving clicks for my UK construction related business from domains that might be like alabama-mesothelioma-attorneys.biz/michael+jackson makes me look real hard at the "opt out" button of the AFD program.

Can you imagine how many of the serious adwords customers are also doing the same as me right now?

Last edited:
•••
Badger said:
Im not sure what you'd like me to add...? :-/

As Ed has intimated, everyone is served by the same two companies and therefore bound by a very similar set of principals.

One thing i'll add as a generic comment is that every day the feed providers improve their anti-fraud and traffic quality assessment solely for the benefit of the advertisers. It has to be so. And I cannot state that strong enough. Domainers and their traffic are an important cog in the wheel of PPC but not as important as the root funding source of all PPC revenue i.e. the advertisers.

My point is this. If you believe that your domain/s provide good, clean traffic which gives a value add for an advertiser then you deserve to receive high end PPC for your traffic. If you dont get this from your provider then complain or change providers.

There is no definitive list per se of "do's and dont's" in order to achieve this, root feed providers and parking companies strive to achieve this particular juggling act on your behalf. And with advertisers now having the option to "opt out" of the AFD program at adwords, in order to maintain the current status quo, the guys at adsense and domain match have had to raise the bar with regard the quality of traffic which they and in turn we provide, or else...

And another point. If you have domains that couldnt possibly get type in traffic or receive clicks on keywords unrelated to the domain then why complain when you get $0.01 clicks. What "value add" did your traffic give to the advertiser? Can you honestly say that your traffic had any chance of converting for the advertiser?

This takes me back to an earlier point i made in this thread regarding web directories. Lets imagine an internet user somehow comes across some obscure web directory and then finds a link to your domain. He follows that link and clicks one of your ads. Did he do that because he was simply intrigued, or did he do that because he had a genuine need for that advertisers services or products?

Dont misinterpret what I am saying, this isnt about click fraud so much anymore, the game is now about how well your traffic converts when it reaches the advertisers site. The clicks may be real but, as an adwords advertiser myself, receiving clicks for my UK construction related business from domains that might be like alabama-mesothelioma-attorneys.biz/michael+jackson makes me look real hard at the "opt out" button of the AFD program.

Can you imagine how many of the serious adwords customers are also doing the same as me right now?

Thank You Badger For Excellent Insight, Thanks To iMoDo.com for being a part of this discussion.

You touched based on what i think is a serious issue, Click Fraud....Yahoo is now using system to verify the quality of traffic, prevent click fraud, and make sure to the best of thier ability, That click fraud does not take place within thier system, They are also reimbursing advertisers "on a daily basis" for what thier system picks up as "Low Quality Traffic" = More or less Click Fraud... I comend Yahoo for doing this, It is an excellent way to combat click fraud, While at the same time, not disturbing the industry as a whole, Yahoo is keeps moving forward, Not backwards. Excellent job Yahoo.

I know Google has fought the click fraud fight for a long time now, I understand thier position, Because they have been through lawsuits, they have had alot on thier plate the last couple of years, concerning click fraud. I think it is the approach that they used that was not a good thing, Changing the terms of service weekly, is not going to combat click fraud, the people that knowingly, and have full intentions of committing click fraud, most likely could less about anyones terms of service, They are going to do it..Period. So mere paranoia and changing the TOS weekly isn't going to combat these scammers, I can fully understand googles position on the matter though, They have been through alot in the last couple of years. In my opinion, Although extremly heavy competetors, In my opinion, If Goggle and Yahoo where to work together closely, Perhaps using mediators if needed, to consultate, information amoungst each other, This could accomplish a full conabative effort, to fight click fraud. Perhaos they are already working together to combat click fraud, I really don't know.

Looking back on some of the comments i have made, I see i have been a little tough on Google, This out of mere frustration, I should have been venting on the Click Fraud Scammers, Who put Google in the situation that makes them take the neccessary action, to protect the integrity of thier company, Not there company, Therefore i apologize for out bursts pertaing to them, It is not them, It is Click Fraud Scammers, That i am totally fed up with, Which ends up effecting us. I feel beyond a shadow of doubt, Google is making every effort to keep us a clients, while doing there up most best to combat click fraud scammers..I feel in due time, Both Google and Yahoo will have systems set up, That will at very least, Knock click fraud out to lowest percentage possible, As i said, I apoligize for the out bursts, It is just mere frustration, And after thinking about thoroughly, I realized that i was venting out pure frustration, And it is Click Fraud scammers, That deserved the venting, Google has excellent ad publishing , And excellent feeds, They have gone the extra mile to keep thier ad publishing, and parking feeds available to us, Despite what they have been through, So with that said, I commend you Google, For having the patience and stamina to stand in there, and combat these scammers, while at the same time, Still staying focused on your clients needs. I know it has to be an extremly tough task, I can only imagine.

As "Badger" metioned, We have every right to change providers, I myself have changed parking providers many times, Trying to make the most for my domain names, I feel very sure, All of us want to make the best revenue possible for our domain names, So testing providers is not a bad thing, imo

Now to get back on the main topic "Parking Companies acceptable traffic"

The methods i use ...Badger...Speaking on web directory traffic....As i said, I researched my method for a very long time, before putting it to action, That to make sure that the traffic from the resouces i use, Are legitimate, Quality traffic. As i said a few back...I DO NOT recommend anyone just go to any web directory and bid on traffic, I found many to send non quality traffic, and this will get you banned by you ad publisher or parking company, As i said earlier ..also..I can see exactly "geographically" and right down to url that each and every vistor is coming from, Right down to the IP address, I keep a very strict eye on all " referers" that my traffic comes from.

Last edited:
•••
geb9696 said:

One direction of change that domainers will love is the direction taken by Bodis.Com

At Bodis, you get to create your own website content easily, and then Bodis takes care of the AdSense equivalent or parking equivalent. As long as the content is useful and the PPC links relevant, you get visitors and you get paid. The distinction between Adsense and parking will gradually disappear.

The key here is convenience and effectiveness. Domainers should not have to apply for Adsense accounts or go through any red tape. They just concentrate on writing what they know best. The platform provider provides everything else, and pays the Domainer from the ad revenues. Bodis is already doing exactly that. In fact, it would be relatively easy for Bodis to expand into blogging by creating blogging features and functions. When that happens, a very steady, if not dramatic, and eventually gigantic migration of blog authors to Bodis will occur. Meanwhile, slow movers may still be debating on how to protect their old territory that's been irretrievably lost, considering how glacially slow the parking or blogging industry generally innovates, moves and reacts.

•••
Varon said:
If you don't mind, what is this 2 word vietnamese combo you are talking about that gets 6000 type-ins a month with no backlinks?

I don't feel its in good form to post the names of parked domains. Its just not worth the risk of someone falsifying a bunch of clicks. Hopefully I haven't upset anyone that much, but you never know. Sometimes my well thought out comments come out sounding like flames and I don't even realize it. Anyways I will say that it is a two generic word combo and one of the words translates to "music".

There are some unique factors that lead to this particular name getting heavy traffic. Both the .com and the .net are parked. The .info has a major vietnamese music website developed on it. Probably they decided to use the info extension because some domainer wanted way too much for the .com. This big music site gets communicated alot by word of mouth. When the person that hears about it goes to type it in, people have a tough time remembering what tld it is on. Most try the .com and don't find it. Eventually a portion of them stumble onto my name. As a side note this name gets more traffic on the weekends. Lots more people are looking for music online on the weekends than are during the weekdays.

Also I wasn't trying to imply that you made up the wordtracker stat. I realize now what I wrote may have sounded that way. I simply meant that I belive wordtracker probably missed the mark by a long shot on that particular name. I'd find it hard to believe that mortgage.com wouldn't have typeins in the thousands per day.

•••
Okay, so here comes the my view / Bodis.com view:

First off, I must say, what was considered to be legit traffic in the past, can now be just as legit, but considered click fraud by ad providers. Now I cannot get into the details on what we consider to be a fraud click, otherwise we'd be opening up new ideas for click fraud scammers to make revenue for themselves and decrease revenue for the legit domain parking owners - but it goes basically like this:

If somebody comes in and clicks an advertisement 8 times in a row - it is click fraud. Even multiple advertisements. Yes, most parking companies like Bodis.com accept multiple clicks - but how many is too many? Well, 8 could possibly be too many. It is really all upto our ad providers and what exactly they think of the clicks. But, even when I search for something on Google, for instance "web design company", I actually go ahead and click all the Sponsored Links. I know I click over 5 ads at times, and am I fraud? No. As a matter of fact, I once ordered a design from a design company through the Sponsored Links after I clicked each one. I then picked the best design company out of the ones and used it.

Well, that is click fraud nowadays to many of these ad providers. Many clicks from the same person are a big no-no. And instead of just 1 being credited for it, none are.

But many parking companies have a problem with not having "legit traffic". We just have a problem with not having "legit clicks". You can send your garbage traffic, but if you click an ad and we notice that you are not legit through our real-time filters, you will not be credited for it. Neither will the ad providers credit us.

Really, no parking company, not even the ad providers can tell parking companies - what is legit and what is not. Obviously, once again - this opens roads for scammers. We just have to put ourselves in their shoes and create the anti-fraud tools that we think the ad providers would be using. That's how much parking companies operate as well.

These are technicalities, obviously things like traffic/clicks from incentives, etc are also going to be considered junk traffic and can get you banned from parking companies out there.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Okay, so here comes the my view / Bodis.com view:

First off, I must say, what was considered to be legit traffic in the past, can now be just as legit, but considered click fraud by ad providers. Now I cannot get into the details on what we consider to be a fraud click, otherwise we'd be opening up new ideas for click fraud scammers to make revenue for themselves and decrease revenue for the legit domain parking owners - but it goes basically like this:

If somebody comes in and clicks an advertisement 8 times in a row - it is click fraud. Even multiple advertisements. Yes, most parking companies like Bodis.com accept multiple clicks - but how many is too many? Well, 8 could possibly be too many. It is really all upto our ad providers and what exactly they think of the clicks. But, even when I search for something on Google, for instance "web design company", I actually go ahead and click all the Sponsored Links. I know I click over 5 ads at times, and am I fraud? No. As a matter of fact, I once ordered a design from a design company through the Sponsored Links after I clicked each one. I then picked the best design company out of the ones and used it.

Well, that is click fraud nowadays to many of these ad providers. Many clicks from the same person are a big no-no. And instead of just 1 being credited for it, none are.

But many parking companies have a problem with not having "legit traffic". We just have a problem with not having "legit clicks". You can send your garbage traffic, but if you click an ad and we notice that you are not legit through our real-time filters, you will not be credited for it. Neither will the ad providers credit us.

Really, no parking company, not even the ad providers can tell parking companies - what is legit and what is not. Obviously, once again - this opens roads for scammers. We just have to put ourselves in their shoes and create the anti-fraud tools that we think the ad providers would be using. That's how much parking companies operate as well.

These are technicalities, obviously things like traffic/clicks from incentives, etc are also going to be considered junk traffic and can get you banned from parking companies out there.

Very interesting and informative information.... cfguru360.... A big thanks to Bodis.com for joining in and being apart of this discussion.

•••
blaknite said:
I'd find it hard to believe that mortgage.com wouldn't have typeins in the thousands per day.

Not too hard to believe, bulk of search keyword are two word sets.
for example home mortgage rather than mortgage.

cfguru360... simple question, since you use adsense feed is YSM traffic allowed? A yes or no would be really appreciated.

I'm going to stay on my side of the fence, as in I will only promote developed sites and never a parked page, but it's nice to know.

•••
blaknite said:
I don't feel its in good form to post the names of parked domains. Its just not worth the risk of someone falsifying a bunch of clicks. Hopefully I haven't upset anyone that much, but you never know. Sometimes my well thought out comments come out sounding like flames and I don't even realize it. Anyways I will say that it is a two generic word combo and one of the words translates to "music".

There are some unique factors that lead to this particular name getting heavy traffic. Both the .com and the .net are parked. The .info has a major vietnamese music website developed on it. Probably they decided to use the info extension because some domainer wanted way too much for the .com. This big music site gets communicated alot by word of mouth. When the person that hears about it goes to type it in, people have a tough time remembering what tld it is on. Most try the .com and don't find it. Eventually a portion of them stumble onto my name. As a side note this name gets more traffic on the weekends. Lots more people are looking for music online on the weekends than are during the weekdays.

Also I wasn't trying to imply that you made up the wordtracker stat. I realize now what I wrote may have sounded that way. I simply meant that I belive wordtracker probably missed the mark by a long shot on that particular name. I'd find it hard to believe that mortgage.com wouldn't have typeins in the thousands per day.

Your position is understandable, No one is upset with you,That i know of, Your opinions on the subject are just as important as anyone elses.

•••
Np4,

bodis is not the first parking company to allow a person to write content. I have been doing these things in trafficz and Goldkey for years.

Also bodis is not like Google adsence.

Google adsence will read your content and try to match advertisers with that content found in the web page. Bodis is a keyword driven ad link. You can talk about bananas in your content page at bodis, and if you chose apples as a keyword, then only apple ads links will show.

I am not speaking for bodis and this is my understanding only. But that being said, bodis is fantastic!

•••
goodkarmaco said:
Np4,

bodis is not the first parking company to allow a person to write content. I have been doing these things in trafficz and Goldkey for years.

Also bodis is not like Google adsence.

Google adsence will read your content and try to match advertisers with that content found in the web page. Bodis is a keyword driven ad link. You can talk about bananas in your content page at bodis, and if you chose apples as a keyword, then only apple ads links will show.

I am not speaking for bodis and this is my understanding only. But that being said, bodis is fantastic!
GoodK,

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,
NP

•••
Matt,

Thank you for accepting, we really do appreciate this.
Lots of Mystery and Misconceptions are being unraveled and cleared up here.
The more Parking Representatives we can get explaining their position the better, for everyone... :tu:

Peace,
Cy

•••
We are definatly making alot of progress, I would like to thank all the Parking Companies that have taken thier valuable time, To join in on this discussion, It has been extremly valuable to us domainers.

Thank You

Mike - Fabulous.com
Ed- NameDrive.com
Donny - Parked.com
Matt - Bodis.com
Badger - iModo.com

You position on these issues, Has definatly made a large impact, Again, Thanks

I just recieved this e-mail about 2 hours ago, This article is definatly worth reading.

http://www.webpronews.com/insiderreports/2007/08/17/google-opens-traffic-quality-center

As kenny said. We need more parking companies to take thier invitation to this discussion, with open arms, And join us.

The more the better, What we have learned so far, Is vital information to our choices in domaing parking,

Last edited:
•••
It sounds like no parking company that has spoken up has "sanctioned" X's method of listing his parked domain in directories?

did I read it wrong?

Donny said:
The "pump and dump" method is one I hear about all of the time. The ones that I laugh about are the "pump and park" domains. Build up a blog for 2-3 months and then park the domain. I even saw one guy who only parked his blog on the weekends.

To me adwords traffic is legit traffic if it's going to the correct company. If you send it to a Google based parking company, it's called garbitrage and Google will kick you out and your parking company will kick you out as well. But if that traffic was going to a Yahoo based parking company, the traffic in about 85% of the cases is excepted without any problems. Natural or paid Google traffic is good traffic.

Remember not all parking companies have the same rules.

Donny

Business.com just got sold for ~450M for doing exactly that!

•••
hitchhiker said:
It sounds like no parking company that has spoken up has "sanctioned" X's method of listing his parked domain in directories?

did I read it wrong?

As far as I know, you cannot create backlinks while your domain is sitting parked waiting for the pure type ins to come by. But there is nothing which says you cannot create backlinks on a domain and then park it, with no further link additions.

This is where providers like whypark come in real handy. Register a domain, create as many backlinks as you want, even gain PR, and then either sell, retain or park. You win all the way. When you sell, you are selling a domain with backlinks/PR/type in value et all. WP can especially prove superb for domains with no type-in value. What do domain parking companies think about this strategy? Is this again against the TOS?

Btw, another question I have is, can a domain owner use YPN to get traffic to his google feed parking service? I understand that the google-->google combination is frowned upon and not allowed but what about YPN--->google feeds? Is that a yes?

•••
Has anybody contacted Britt from Parking Panel? They have a lot more experience than some of the others on here already.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Has anybody contacted Britt from Parking Panel? They have a lot more experience than some of the others on here already.

Donny

I did contact him Donny. He seems interested and I should hear back from him on Monday. Actually, I have learnt a lot of stuff from him. :) PP has me experimenting all the time and thankfully I'm able to get some 90 cent adult clicks these days.

•••
hitchhiker said:

did I read it wrong?

Business.com just got sold for ~450M for doing exactly that!

I think you are correct, It hasn't definatly been confirmed as of yet, But is somewhat of a tricky question for any of the companies to answer, I would have to speak to them individually, And tell them my resorces, Before they could say a definate yes or no, But i did contact the parking company i currently use, By phone, I was told my resources are good with them, And my manager at the service, even went through my impression, aswell click logs. It is awesome to be able to have that type of comunication. For me to able to accomplish telling each provider mu resources, It would definatly have to stay between the provider and myself, This being because i worked very hard, And spent a lot time rearching, aswell a spending a significant amount of money to confirm and establish my resources as completely "legitimate" resources, I really don't want to share what my research, Time and efforts, Aswell as the money i spent on the project, At this time.

Donny said:

Donny

Iam not positive on that..Donny...But many have been invited to join us in this discussion, I will see if PP has been contacted, If they haven't, I will contact them as see if they will participate in this discussion.

Varon said:
As far as I know, you cannot create backlinks while your domain is sitting parked waiting for the pure type ins to come by. But there is nothing which says you cannot create backlinks on a domain and then park it, with no further link additions.

This is where providers like whypark come in real handy. Register a domain, create as many backlinks as you want, even gain PR, and then either sell, retain or park. You win all the way. When you sell, you are selling a domain with backlinks/PR/type in value et all. WP can especially prove superb for domains with no type-in value. What do domain parking companies think about this strategy? Is this again against the TOS?

Btw, another question I have is, can a domain owner use YPN to get traffic to his google feed parking service? I understand that the google-->google combination is frowned upon and not allowed but what about YPN--->google feeds? Is that a yes?

I agree ..Varon,,,WhyPark is an excellent place to start, You get search engine indexing, Backlinks and PR, If certain names aren't performimg at an exceptable level, Parking is the next best thing, Parking allows these names to targeted, specific, precise products and services.

Last edited:
•••
I guess if we defined what a directory was I'm sure at least I would comment on it.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back