Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bodis.com dead site now? Homepage doesn't even open? Answer my emails, man up...

•••
It opens for me and I can log in.

Andrea

•••
Kaleidozone said:

Andrea

Same, fine here.

•••
Kaleidozone said:

Andrea

Now it does, but I cannot log in. I wish I could get a response to my emails.

Heh, I get banned, never have I done anything for him to ban me, and there are people in this thread, actually posting who have not been banned and they are advertising there Bodis Parked page in there signatures? What in the world is going on here? This is not making sense...

Can we at least get a response from you Matt?

-zurc

•••
I will rollback many of the suspended accounts and ban the spam domains individually instead if that makes people happier.

•••
cfguru360 said:
I will rollback many of the suspended accounts and ban the spam domains individually instead if that makes people happier.

Thats a very good move Matt.

Also, send them warning letters.
:)

•••
cfguru360 said:

What is a spam domain?

•••
cfguru360 said:

Waiting for a response for my emails (contact[at]zurc.net)

•••
Well here's the thing. Sometimes people have great domains, and there is just bad traffic coming in. It is not always the problem of the domain owner. As a matter of fact, it usually isn't. We just received a list of all extensive bad quality traffic domains from our ad providers - and some of these are generic type-ins. But that doesn't mean anything if the traffic is bad.

•••
Matt,

When do you think the revenue figures will come back to normal numbers that we are used to? Also, will they be increasing even more than August figures since we have weeded out alot of the frauds?

- Bob

•••
Is there any way whatsoever you can define "bad" traffic? I'm sure most people would be more than happy to avoid having such names at Bodis, which would certainly save you time and lessen the complaints you're getting.

You say that type-in traffic can be bad, so the source of traffic is apparently not the only determinate.

Is the origin of the traffic (that is, names w/high traffic from Turkey....Japan...China...etc) what defines it as 'bad'?

What criteria causes your feed provider to term a domain as having 'bad' traffic?

If this could just be cleared up, it would be an enormous step toward resolving the past few days of chaos/complaints.

Thank you very much!

-Justin

•••
Advertisers sometimes blame the providers for bad traffic when in fact, the advertisers need to take a step back and look at the product their selling or their site and figure out if that could be the problem.

•••
Depending on who the provider is (for example, if one of them is Google) he likely isn't going to get much of a specific definition for bad traffic. For competitive and fraud prevention reasons, Google doesn't tend to share details with anyone on anything.

•••
I have a quick question... As a bodis member, I initially started with just some mediocore names.. to see how it did. I have never advertised or even talked about any of these domain names to anyone, and was curious to see if they would get picked up in search engines. So far, over the past 2 days I have 0 views for 85 domains. My similar profile on sedo gets between 450-600 uniques a day.... Any thoughts? Oh, and it isn't ok to be linking to parked pages is it? Because if not I will PM the owner a fairly large site that is directly linking their parked pages... I saw this yesterday as I was browsing names to purchase.

•••
I was testing one of my domains, and when I click on the ad, it takes me back to the landing page.

is anyone else having a similar problem?

•••
jhansen said:
Is there any way whatsoever you can define "bad" traffic? I'm sure most people would be more than happy to avoid having such names at Bodis, which would certainly save you time and lessen the complaints you're getting.

From what I am understanding, Bodis isn't the one calling the shots about what is Bad Traffic vs. Good Traffic. It's basically coming from the ad provider. They are saying this or that is bad traffic and then they aren't going to pay Bodis for it. Then Bodis comes around and tells the domain owners that Bodis is not going to pay for that bad traffic.

From what I'm hearing from Matt, it doesn't seem he even knows what is considered to be bad traffic. I think everyone has a general rule of thumb. But exact determinations are going to be in the grey area left up to the ad sponsors.

Like several of you hear, I know what it is like to be on the advertisers side of it, having spent thousands of dollars in PPC campaigns and not getting conversions. You can only bend over and take it so much.

So if the ad sponsors say that they are concerned, I say let's give them a little bit of slack and see where it goes. I think it's better for the long run if we can make the sponsors happy... then they'll stick with Bodis and will increase rates.

There's another side of the coin, which is the sponsors take advantage from us and start not paying for good traffic. But that's a way off from determining and I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt now and see where it leads.

- Bob

•••
sashas said:
I was testing one of my domains, and when I click on the ad, it takes me back to the landing page.

You are NOT supposed to click on the ads. That's called click fraud. You can click on the links on the left column but not on the ads even for testing purposes. Apparently that is a safety feature on Bodis

GIL

•••
sashas said:

Ohh gosh, how many times must we tell people, Don't click on their own ads.

Bodis has a smart unique filter technology that detects people who click own their own ads. If you do that, you will get bounced back.

•••
so how do I test if ads are even showing up for certain manually typed keywords? Matt, is there any way to check this?

•••
sashas, you're allowed to click the links on the first page. Not the second.

Clicking the first link brings you to a list of advertisers, you don't need to click the ads themselves.

I'm wondering about the drop in PPC though...Matt, can't you not pay the fraudsters and bring us back to the 30c levels? Hate getting 8c clicks, specially at Bodis.

•••
bradskid said:
I have a quick question... As a bodis member, I initially started with just some mediocore names.. to see how it did. I have never advertised or even talked about any of these domain names to anyone, and was curious to see if they would get picked up in search engines. So far, over the past 2 days I have 0 views for 85 domains. My similar profile on sedo gets between 450-600 uniques a day.... Any thoughts? Oh, and it isn't ok to be linking to parked pages is it? Because if not I will PM the owner a fairly large site that is directly linking their parked pages... I saw this yesterday as I was browsing names to purchase.

I got a ton more views on SEDO as well. I suspect they count things that other parking providers don't (like bot traffic) but I don't know that for sure.

•••
jhansen said:

"Bad" traffic may have nothing at all to do with the origin.. for the advertisers, "bad" traffic is non-converting traffic, no matter where the origin is.
This can happen if using irrelevant keywords for the traffic, but also for no known reason at all. Perhaps the traffic is looking for a specific thing, similar to what your advertisers sell, but just not exactly... so they won't buy anything.
Even that kind of case may be called "bad" traffic, but is impossible to know for the domain owner. (Which is why the domain(s), not the whole account, should be disabled.)

On another parking provider the same domain may be "good", because they may have a feed used by advertisers that happen to sell exactly what your traffic is looking for... so it converts.
Which is why no single parking provider is good for every domain...

•••
netmeg said:
I got a ton more views on SEDO as well. I suspect they count things that other parking providers don't (like bot traffic) but I don't know that for sure.
Sedo do count bot traffic , but they filtering it very slowly.

•••
mwzd said:
sashas, you're allowed to click the links on the first page. Not the second.

Clicking the first link brings you to a list of advertisers, you don't need to click the ads themselves.

I'm wondering about the drop in PPC though...Matt, can't you not pay the fraudsters and bring us back to the 30c levels? Hate getting 8c clicks, specially at Bodis.

Whoooa Nelly! I think just be glad that your account didint get "terminated" and be patient for those of us who arent "fraudsters", but who happen to have a domain(s) with "bad traffic" who are trying to be reinstated. It dosent make good business sense to pay everyone especially if they were claiming hundreds on three word hypenated .infos.

As it seems for a handful of us who have emailed Matt. We patiently wait for this situation to be rectified. Matt?

:'( :'( :'( :'(

•••
Matt - I have sent an Email. Hope it didn't get filtered by email.

Please review my portolio. my email address is [email protected]

I am anxious to get this cleared up. If I have a "bad" domain, I will get rid of it. I don't have any with a bunch of dashes. I try and check all of the expired domains before I buy them.

Let me know what I need to do to get my account back going again.

thanks,

stan

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back