NameSilo

domain ZodiacSigns.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dooner888

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Quite an interesting domain you've got there. Struggling with valuation as it doesn't link to an industry I know anything about.

•••
55k the search volume is very high, you should develop it minimally at least and make a few k a month off it

•••
•••
Given that it sold for $10,000 USD in 2012 at Sedo (namebio figures), I'd compare the keyword hits from 2012 versus 2020 to figure out it's rough value today.

•••
Please google ZodiacSigns.com and read the pdf file

•••
•••
The $10k sale was likely an investor purchase. Obviously then niche for this name is daily horoscopes based around the 12 Zodiacs Signs.

In terms of value your ask of $1.2 million at first glance appears to be on the high side but if you take into account it's search value then it becomes more reasonable.

Semrush.com shows that"Zodiac Signs" is searched 4.2 million times per month globally with a cpc of $1.29(real cpc is probably lower.)

That to me is very valuable information as even conservatively the domain might save a business in the niche at least $xxx,xxx in ads. The often used Roesener equation would most likely result in a valuation in excess of 8 figures in pure search value given those statistics.

Another factor is the type in traffic. Currently the domain with a simple landing page and zero development has an Alexa rank in the 3 million range. I estimate at least 500-1k unique type-ins daily to the domain and I would not be surprised if it's currently several multiples of that. There is a lot of value in guaranteed traffic. Who ever ends up building it out will have a high volume of traffic to build on from day one.

My valuation:

Retail:

$350k to $888k

Great buy back in 2012... at the time you purchased it I doubt it was on the market for more than a few hours/days as it was an absolute steal.

This is an endgame type of name to upgrade to for some businesses in the horoscope niche. I would hold until some one is willing to pay about 2/3 of your ask.

•••
I think it is a very good name.
It's value depends on how much the buyer really wants it, and if they can purchase zodiac for a good price, they may lose interest.

Last edited:
•••
I think it is a very good name.
It's value depends on how much the buyer really wants it, and if they can purchase zodiac for a good price, they may lose interest.

Zodiac.com is on a different level and is not limited by niche like ZodiacSigns.com. Its a generic word and as a brand it provides an entirely different value proposition.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back