IT.COM

Zip code based search on sites?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone know how does the search work if a user can change the radius of the search. Lets say my zip is 32407 and i search on ebay for items around that zip with a radius of 250 miles.

is there an information one can get from the US post? or has ebay and other companies done it all themselves?

it is easy to put the search that will find from one specific zip code but how can that search be changed to a radius from that specific zip to include all zip codes in a X radius of the zip code where lets say you reside(your default zip)

thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need a zip database with latitude longitude and there are scripts available that can compute distance. I have one but I need to dig my hard disk :)

•••
sdsinc said:
You need a zip database with latitude longitude and there are scripts available that can compute distance. I have one but I need to dig my hard disk :)

is the zip database available somewhere for free?

•••
Moses said:
is the zip database available somewhere for free?
I have seen a few for free but they are not very good at all, they are all very poor work and some of the data is incorrect.

some of the paid ones are very good but still lack and need to be corrected in some areas.

Maybe try a Google search.

-Dan

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back