Domain Empire

Youtube question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
I am wondering if you can use a youtube video in your website ?

What i mean is if your website was about 'house painting'

can you use someone elses house painting video ? if leave it open to embedding does that mean its available for public use or sharing

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can create a new video only for your website. I can make one for you at a small fee if you like. I don't want to post the samples here as I don't know whether it's ok with the rules. PM me for sample if you want. Thanks.

•••
thanks but just a general question .... cheers

•••
I think if embedding is enabled, it means that anyone can embed the video.
I don't think it can create any problem for you, you can always give it a try. :D

•••
I think if embedding is enabled, it means that anyone can embed the video.
I don't think it can create any problem for you, you can always give it a try. :D

that's what i was thinking ,

Last edited:
•••
Having a video for your site is okay but it takes time to load your website when somebody browse for it.

•••
•••
the question is also about ethics ,

example is if i had a flying school website could i use a youtube video related to that subject ? ..... flying

•••
Sometimes i could not see the video from youtube playing on some sites.
And usually it takes time to load the video.
it's always a waste of time for the viewers.

•••
•••
youtube videos

any one can access and upload, download at you tube, provided you don't upload, download anything containing adult material. this will be deleted by the administrator.

•••
Direct from google

Direct from google

You can have YouTube videos appear inside other webpages and blogs. If the video owner has enabled embedding, simply copy the code in the field marked "Embed", located to the right of the video (Note: If the video owner has disabled embedding, the "Embed" field will not be displayed and you will not be allowed to embed their video).

Reference -
YouTube Glossary : Embedding / Embeddable Player - YouTube Help

But make sure that you are embedding the video from the original author and avoid copyrighted videos. Take BBC videos directly from BBC's official channel on youtube instead of embedding video that some user has uploaded.

•••
•••
•••
evirtual1 yes giving a reference is absolutely fine. Just give a reference and link youtube with it, it will be alryte!
You can that :)

Cheers

•••
It would probably be nice to credit the author or video uploader by putting a "Credits to <insert name here>" just to be sure and for courtesy.

•••
subisa its the same thing that I am talking about.... i think there are no copyrights if you give a reference. Isnt it?

•••
You can always embed a Youtube video on your site..of course the owner will appreciate it if you give a link back (its not compulsory though) . It won't pose copyrights issues if video owner allows video embedding and sharing.

•••

I think there is no problem with that, but the problem is other way of round in which if the video is copyrighted then you should have to permission of the owner.

private label rights|plr

•••
You can put a link to someone else's youtube video in your website, but cannot directly play the video on the webpage. But if you have your own created video, then you can play it in the website page directly.

•••
When emebing is enabled he can choose the size and where exactly to post his video!
If the video isn't his/and emebing is disabled/ ,he can download it and reupload it to enable the emeb. function!

•••
How do i choose the size ? ....... love to know thanks

i have a blog Unusual News and there 2 different sized videos on it ,, the other day i was wondering how to make them even ?

cheers

•••
How do i choose the size ? ....... love to know thanks

i have a blog Unusual News and there 2 different sized videos on it ,, the other day i was wondering how to make them even ?

cheers

When you are the uploader there is a button in the right side on your screen /under the destiniption/
click it and select size...
Also you can just change the variables <width="xxx"> <height="xxx">

•••
When you are the uploader there is a button in the right side on your screen /under the destiniption/
click it and select size...
Also you can just change the variables <width="xxx"> <height="xxx">

Rep added , thanks i'll look into it ........ i mean put it on the list ! ...cheers

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back