NameSilo

Your thoughts on a Hosting Community

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Would you be willing to contribute?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, I want to be apart of this!

votes
    75.0%
  • Yes, if I get something in return

vote
    25.0%
  • Not really my expertise

votes
    0.0%
  • It is a lame idea.. just drop it!

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

I am in the very early stages of developing a hosting community network. I want to find out what content and features you all might recommend.

The community will revolve around those in the hosting industry (ie hosting business owners), but will also have secondary sections dedicated to people looking for hosting.

The features all ready planned are as follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Forum

A place to discuss all of the inner workings of hostng including software, hardware, etc...

Advertising Network
A network that will allow hosting providers to advertise to potential clients as well as hosting industry related businesses to advertise to hosting providers.

Article and News Feed Center
This is a section that will have a (hopefully) large database of articles and continously updated hosting related news

Resource Center
A large database of resources.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
What I need from you is suggestions as to what features, content subjects, categories, etc... you would find to be most important for each section listed above.

For example, some categories for the article section might be technology, reseller, programming and web design, etc...

Also, if you have any interest in contributing to the site in any way, whether it be financially, by being a writer, programmer, etc.., please let me know. Any contribution made now will be noted and rewarded once the community takes off. I will later be offering NP$ and possibly cash for contributions.

Thanks for your suggestions and if any of this is unclear please let me know and I will try to explain it.

Sam Simmons

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its been done with webhostingtalk.com and the thousand new ones popping up have not been successfull. The only way to make this succede is if you get a good amount of people who want to buy hosting, (or appear to want to buy hosting) only then will web host owners start showing up.

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.

•••
Actually it hasn't been done yet. WHT is known as the kids sandbox of the hosting industry. Thats one of the reasons they removed the request forum ever so long ago.

A hosting forum is needed, but it has to be done right. If you plan on doing the same thing as every other hosting discussion board then you may as well stop wasting your time.

We can certainly use another forum but unless its done properly, it won't suceed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back