Dynadot

You think this is a good domain for my future site?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am doing a celebrity pictures site soon, both male and female celebs and regged celebrity-db.com, db obviously standing for database, think that will be alright for the site?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Im not sure it would be as theres alot of people dont really know what db stands for (going with database) then again theres not that many people that know what a database is. (well your average surfer)

Hope you dont mind me saying so thats just my opinion.

Heres a few names that are available.

BestCelebrityPics.com
CelebrityPhotoInc.com
CelebrityPicsDirect.com
CelebrityPicsGallery.com
CelebrityPicsWorld.com
CelebrityPicturesDirect.com
NewCelebrityPics.com
TheCelebrityPics.com
YourCelebrityPics.com

•••
I agree with what is mentioned above. Many people won't be knowing what 'db' stands for. Also there is a hyphen in that name so I don't think you should go for it. You can instead choose from the list above which has some good names.

•••
Hyphen domains are fine IMO.

I was thinking along lines of IMDB, but I don't think it really matters if people don't know what 'db' stands for as it will be made clear on the site with intro text and in the title.

Thanks, I will consider those names too, not quite decided yet.

•••
•••
They are tho.

The resell value is starting to take off for a start and for SEO purposes the hyphen is treated as a space so won't do any worse if optimized correctly.

Lots of discussions about hyphens in domains on many domain forums recently, current opinion seems to be it won't make much difference either way for SEO purposes and thats what I will be relying on, SE traffic.

Unles the site becomes really big and people start talking about it offline (Not very likely really) then I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Last edited:
•••
The db extension is redundant for your celebrity website name. back to the drawing board!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back