IT.COM

Yet Another GoDaddy issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Way3

Branding and Domain InvestingEstablished Member
Impact
This could be nothing, but I doubt that. (a little long, but I think it's all relevant).

I have a handful of domains left on Godaddy's marketplace. Some are meh, some are pretty good. The one thing I like about Godaddy is their process will tell you fairly quickly which domains are premium and which are not so much.

I've been moving things around, and not seen any bites even on the domains Godaddy has tagged as premium. So I went in to delete some of the ones I wanted to have listed only in other places. Selected the domains, tried to process and their system gave me an error that stated I couldn't delete domains that had already received a bid. Interesting because these were BIN or offer/counteroffer - and interesting because my dashboard showed zero offers, and I've not seen anything. I do go in there regularly, as I was already burned once with an offer that I saw after the 7 day window had passed because far be it from Godaddy to tell you there's a pending offer. That makes me wonder if I've not heard about all the offers they may have received on my behalf.

But I digress.

I tried to discuss the inability to delete with their tech support, not much help there at all. Waited a day to see if perhaps it was a fluke. But still I'm getting errors and am unable to remove any domains. By chance, I logged out and pulled up one of the domains to see if it came up in the marketplace, which it did. And imagine my surprise when I found that a domain I had listed on Godaddy for offer/counter offer w/o BIN (and also listed on Afternic for a BIN price) was marked up on Godaddy with a BIN price that was 35% higher than what I'd used in Afternic and more than 50% higher than my floor.

The domain is a two word domain (so I didn't think much of it) but it is in the legal arena, so assuming they know more than I do, I changed my Afternic listing to reflect their inflated price and removed the floor price, but I find it all very interesting.

Anyone else had issues with gross inflation of your set sales pricing?

**additional** checking other domains and seeing that some of the ones I've had listed on Godaddy for some time (and registered with GD) are not showing up as for sale with my pricing, even when the domain name is typed directly into the GD market place. They just have the generic "this domain is taken, but we might be able to assist you in buying it" with the broker service fee.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back