Dynadot

discuss Yer best reply line when buyer says he forgot to renew

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
ok let's have some fun and brainstorm some best replies when we get something like this... lets be creative...smart.. see who wins for best reply.

Hello, Blabla.io was my domain, but i forget to pay year payment) What is the price to buy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for your interest!

$10,000.

We provide financing.

•••
mine was ....

5figures

but I admit it's not that creative.

•••
mine was ....

5figures

but I admit it's not that creative.

He lost the name forget to renew and you’re going to pitch him the “five figure” nonsense.

Hopefully, it’s the low end 😂 Say anyone else, you’d charge high five-figures, since him? 10k.

Last edited:
•••
I would do my best to not act like a dirt bag about it

•••
Forgot to renew?

Well I forgot to Care.

When have mistakes ever made anyone money?

Mistakes always cost money. Fact of life.

I don't make mistakes. Selling this domain for cheap would be a mistake.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. That's unfortunate. If you want to secure the domain to avoid any further downtime for your business you can buy the domain right now through our partner escrow service: link to domain listing.

If you would rather discuss alternatives and let us know what you have in mind we'd be more than happy to accommodate you. Please use our domain inquiry form (link) to get acquainted.

Best regards,

•••
Depending on the request style.

1. Alleged wrongdoing? (in one case, they even Cc'd: to registrar abuse@ email) --> No response

2. Stories how poor they are, detailed explanation how they paid but their provider did not renew it, "please give the domain name back" --> No response in most cases.

3. Anything else - common response [not changing the asking price] with an extra part ("domains are not owned but leased, if you elect not to renew the lease then...") as well as confirming current expiration date to make sure they'll renew next time after this potential purchase.

In (1) and (2), "no response" means that I internally mark the leads as "not serious". I simply have no time to respond to such leads.

Last edited:
•••
A buyer that forgets to pay reminds me of top cat

AcceptableHospitableIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

•••
Start with a bad joke reply like

1. Thanks for sharing, I'll learn from your mistake and make sure to renew this one.

2. I could relate, I had the domain before you had it and I forgot to renew too.

Then say

Seriously, I have plans for this name but I'll let it go for - - but once I pay my designer to start working on the site I won't sell, so you must decide quickly. I do feel bad so I am fine trying to find another name and sell you this one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back