IT.COM

.us Yahoo has bought del.icio.us

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
"We're proud to announce that del.icio.us has joined the Yahoo! family. Together we'll continue to improve how people discover, remember and share on the Internet, with a big emphasis on the power of community. We're excited to be working with the Yahoo! Search team - they definitely get social systems and their potential to change the web. (We're also excited to be joining our fraternal twin Flickr!)" link

Who didn't see this one coming :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hmm interesting article. So now Yahoo! owns del.ico.us and blo.gs. Anyone see a pattern here? :lol:

•••
This was surprising to me but good on yahoo's behalf. They said they are still interested in purchasing established sites with API's so get to work! LOL!

•••
•••
Cheyne said:
yeah ... some of you have missed the point. the .us extention has not got alot to do with it. It's the service. :)

But yeah dot com boom again! Just wait till Yahoo! bids on Digg

i believe digg will be the next gem .. :hehe:

•••
I think this purchase is worth 0.00

The domain in question isn't del.icio.us (which is only a SUBdomain; it's icio.us) and you can make at least few similar ones:

- delic.io.us
- deli.cio.us
- de.licio.us
- d.elicio.us
- delicio.us

Stupid, stupid world...

•••
localpub said:
I think this purchase is worth 0.00

The domain in question isn't del.icio.us (which is only a SUBdomain; it's icio.us) and you can make at least few similar ones:

- delic.io.us
- deli.cio.us
- de.licio.us
- d.elicio.us
- delicio.us

Stupid, stupid world...

It's not the domain they are buying, it's the service.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back