Impact
Can you help me choose the best domain name ? the meaning will be
"Your Damage"

ydmg.xyz

yodmg.xyz

ydamage.xyz

yodamage.xyz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would take "your damage" in a ORG / NET (available today as a hand reg), than any of the above, if this is for a business of yours / for you as the end user. If you're looking at selling, I wouldn't bother with ANY of them. IMO

Last edited:
•••
neither. imo. pronounceability, memorability, etc. - are far from optimal.

is this particular extension a must thing? if so, better names are available - just do some more brainstorming.

Even in classic .com there are a lot of options of <your> + <simiar term> dot com available for regfee.

Wanted to post some, but it not good idea to post unregistered domains on an open domainers forum...

Last edited:
•••
These indeed are very bad names for any extension.

Last edited:
•••
im doing a damage report website what would you suggest ? i kind of like .xyz because they mean nothing and can be used for anything.

•••
im doing a damage report website what would you suggest ? i kind of like .xyz because they mean nothing and can be used for anything.
ORG / NET dude (or COM, if your bid is accepted)

Last edited:
•••
•••
very true.

so you should better use .com ... think about the visitors who may need to return someday... will they memorize domain and extension?
yea sure but ydmg.com is registred and i don't have alot of money to purchase this im not a big company.

what would you suggest damagereport.com is too taken but long

•••
These indeed are very bad names for any extension.
how would you express a "website about damage reports"

damagereports and reportdamage already exsits and are long and ugly ...

•••

In this case I'd rather concentrate on positive words, rather than ''damage'' (like help, fix), or, at a very least, put something like DamageReport, so, the idea that this site is fixing something should be punching visitors in the face )))
As for extension - hard. Good names will be taken in .com (much better choice in xyz), however of course com is much more solid and conservative. Up to you.

•••
@HzeTmy - I do not like to say this, and it is not what you want to hear, but, realistically speaking, unregistered domains should not be posted on a public forum in this context. Lets say we suggest something and post an exact available domain. You'll start thinking about it. What if you go to register it tomorrow, or in a few hours. And it will be already gone and listed for sale @ aftermarket price. Why? Because it was posted as available on this public forum full of domainers. I like the idea of concentrating on positive words posted by @VadimK . You may also check synonyms for damage. The last but not the least, ask yourself a question - why is google using google .com and not lets say searchengine .com ? Because it is brandable. Yeah, it meant nothing on the 1st day. But today google is google... So, you may also think about madeup term. It may have some positive associations for you though (childhood nickname, whatever)

Last edited:
•••
how would you express a "website about damage reports"

damagereports and reportdamage already exsits and are long and ugly ...

Brainstorm it. These two are awesome names, thus no wonder they are taken long time of course (I just gave an example) YourDamage is much uglier in this sense, because it's totally unclear whom it's aiming for - disability people? car insurance? apartment repairs compaints?

•••
Brainstorm it. These two are awesome names, thus no wonder they are taken long time of course (I just gave an example) YourDamage is much uglier in this sense, because it's totally unclear whom it's aiming for - disability people? car insurance? apartment repairs compaints?
Usually people that made wrong decisions, faults and got a disability / dysfunction a real damage ! now ... the point is to warn the rest healthy people.

i also thinked of "warnbunny.com" lol i already have this domain ... but it sounds a bit funny

Last edited:
•••
Can you help me choose the best domain name ? the meaning will be
"Your Damage"

ydmg.xyz

yodmg.xyz

ydamage.xyz

yodamage.xyz

The term is obscure enough you should be able to do better in a much more popular and known extension like .com or .org.

Brad

•••
I would take "your damage" in a ORG / NET (available today as a hand reg), than any of the above, if this is for a business of yours / for you as the end user. If you're looking at selling, I wouldn't bother with ANY of them. IMO
Yeah, why would you choose any of those random domains over YourDamage.org? That doesn't really make much sense.

It is an exact match term, in a more popular and well known extension, that is available to register.

If that is the term you want, that is a pretty easy pick.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, why would you choose any of those random domains over YourDamage.org? That doesn't really make much sense.

If that is the term you want, that is a pretty easy pick. It is an exact match term, in a more popular and know extension, that is available to register.

Brad
isn't it too long ? how would a share link look ... :/

Last edited:
•••
isn't it too long ? how would a share link look ... :/
YourDamage.org is too long?

It would look infinitely better on any link than any of these -

ydmg.xyz
yodmg.xyz
ydamage.xyz
yodamage.xyz

All those require some type of explanation both on the term, and to many the extension itself. Everyone knows what .Org is. It is a well known and credible option.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
How about DamageReport(dot)info or DamageReport(dot)co - both free to reg. !?

•••
How about DamageReport(dot)info or DamageReport(dot)co - both free to reg. !?
Are theese legit domains .info & .co ? can it have an good seo ranking ?

Thx for the tip

•••
There are probably endless better options, for reg fee or cheap.

Some random acronym in .xyz is not a good choice IMO.

Shorter is not always better, especially when it leads to confusion.

Brad

•••
Are theese legit domains .info & .co ? can it have an good seo ranking ?

Thx for the tip
yes- like for any website the content and other factors are dictating the ranking.

•••
If you explain more about your project, you might be able to crowdsource a list of quality domains to choose from.

I dont really know anything about your project, but if the term you want is "your damage", then YourDamage.org seems like a no-brainer.

Brad

•••
If you explain more about your project, you might be able to crowdsource a list of quality domains to choose from.

I dont really know anything about your project, but if the term you want is "your damage", then YourDamage.org seems like a no-brainer.

Brad
The main purpose is "share your damage & give advice". I interview people regulary i have some stories already + i got my own nasty story. I need a brandable name short name my favorite tdl's are
.com, .net, .xyz

i need to make it in multiple languages so maybe a word that does not mean anything would fit it too like "ydmg.xyz" hm ...

Last edited:
•••
The main purpose is "share your damage & give advice". I interview people regulary i have some stories already + i got my own nasty story. I need a brandable name short name my favorite tdl's are .com, .net & .xyz

i need to make it in multiple languages so maybe a word that does not mean anything would fit it too like "ydmg.xyz" hm ...
What type of damage? I don't really understand.

I don't think "does not mean anything" is really a positive thing.

If you want some random acronym you could easily just get some 5 letter .COM as a hand reg.

Brad

•••
The main purpose is "share your damage & give advice". I interview people regulary i have some stories already + i got my own nasty story. I need a brandable name short name my favorite tdl's are
.com, .net, .xyz

I agree with Brad - can you define what kind of damages you're talking about?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back