Domain Empire

Xynames since 2003

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
My domains were acquired between 2003 - 2016. I personally have been involved in domaining only since February 2017. Have about 1500 domains.

This is not my primary business, it is a side business. I am a lawyer, and business owner of a few very small internet companies and a brick and mortar research and development firm. I also do business consulting to internet companies.

Costs about $1000. per month to maintain my domains but have stayed ahead so far!

Have them listed for sale at Dynadot (DD) marketplace (all domains are registered at DD), where they have given me a special very low rate for my .com renewals, which almost all of my domains are .com , also listed for sale at Afternic, Sedo, Uniregistry, flippa, domainagents, Etsy.

I maintain PPC links on my parked domains, brings in about $150. per month total (gas money, lol), with a For Sale link at top and bottom of each parked page. The FS link goes to my own universal landing page that I created with a fill in / submit form (FormMail.pl) for inquiry, where inquirers submit their name, phone number, email address, offer for the domain and inquiry comment, and specify which domain they are interested in. I am working on creating unique landing pages for some of my top domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NamePros!

Best of luck with your business :)

•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
Welcome!

You seem quite clued up about domaining in general, hopefully NamePros will further catalyse your growth in this industry ;)

•••
•••
Hello @xynames !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
Hi @xynames ,
WelcomeNPPuzzle.jpg

•••
•••
lol, by the way - I meant Efty not Etsy for another marketplace where my domains are listed.

•••
Sold a domain recently via domainagents.com, and I do get offers from there every now and then. They give you $10. via PayPal plus $9.95 domainagents credit for each negotiation, closed or not.

I think their $19.95 fee to the inquirer for negotiations is a new thing though, or maybe I just haven't noticed it since I am a seller not a buyer.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like your in the right place and have a head start on what your doing! Welcome to NP!

•••
•••
Sorry I just noticed this question. Better late than never with response!

Hi, I have about 1500 domains. Most of them are dictionary words, one and two word domains, and a lot of four letters and some three letters too. Almost all dot coms.

I personally have been domaining as in direct involvement of sales and marketing, since only very beginning of 2017, and done very well this year. However, I have been financing domainers, including my own domaining company which someone else was running for me, since 2002. So I have observed the ups and downs of this industry for some time now.

•••
Hi Xynames !
nice sharing ,good luck

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back