Labeled as domain in Domain Appraisal, started by honestbobby, Oct 14, 2021

Replies:
Views:

Page Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honestbobby

honestbobby Established Member

The domain is in king. Please comment on the domain... Thank you

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. jhm

jhm Glazed

Eth Fly is cool, flights paid in Ethereum ...don't like Eth Flyer so much. However, Ethereum is a trademark ...trouble

IMO

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  3. honestbobby

I didn't find ethereum in the domain...are you saying using "eth" In domain is trouble? @jhm

4. jhm

jhm Glazed

If you Google "eth" ...Ethereum is the main thing that comes up, almost always

What's your thinking behind "eth flyer" if it isn't Ethereum?

5. honestbobby

Well if you are saying that using eth in domains is trouble... Then why so many sales of word eth lately? Though my domain is very far away from such eth category sales but you mentioned the trademark issue... That I want to clear...
    Ether/ flyer is a developed [email protected]

6. jhm

jhm Glazed

I'm not a trademark expert, so probably not the best guy to comment. All I would say is it can be a grey area

As The Ethereum Foundation have a trademark, you'd need their say-so in a lot of cases, with regards to running under their name / using it, as a brand. I am aware of a handful of "Ether" styled domains, but I'm not aware of the circumstance of those businesses and their permissions etc. What did you intend for "eth flyer" to be? If it wasn't Ethereum

7. honestbobby

Well just search eth full form in google.. You can find many terms related to word flyer... Well according to you all eth word sales are in grey area? Ether/flyer is a exchange.. Is that too in grey area? Eth/air.... Is too in grey area??
    I am thankful to you for commenting on my domain... But when you mentioned trademark issue... I have to clear... I hope you [email protected]

8. jhm

jhm Glazed

Cool, understood. Yes, I am aware of those brands ...same with Ether Scan (another one). I'm just not aware of their circumstance / permissions, like I said. They would likely have been in contact with the guys at Ethereum, than just going ahead without any kind of say so. Entities get trademarks for a reason, and Ethereum have one. To understand the trademark, I would say look into it with someone better qualified than I

9. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

Ether Flyer is a clever Brandable...Most people think Ether & Eth are related to the Crypto Currency and you know this to....so no need to beat around the bush as to why you registered this domain.......

https://www.investopedia.com/tech/what-ether-it-same-ethereum

Unless you think any of the below acronyms fit better with flyer......

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ETH

10. honestbobby

@NickB thank you for commenting... I agree with you..

11. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

The reason ether is a good keyword in this instance (at least for me) is the play on the word - it is not only the "fuel" for the Ethereum network but also means "the clear sky; the upper regions of air beyond the clouds." which ties in with flyer very nicely.....nice double word play

Eth doe not have the above play so for me works less well

Just my opinion......

12. honestbobby

@NickB wow I never thought that way... You are good nickb... Thank you for providing me such explanation..

13. VadimK Iberica

VadimK Iberica Established Member

To me EthFlyer is simply not readable. Even ''crypto'' people don't get right away what it's about.
    But good luck with these crypto combo, even really weird ones sell some times...
    I'd put ''Offers accepted'' and throw it behind somewhere, forgetting about it for a year or so....Then see if there is any interest...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Page Status:
Not open for further replies.
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice