IT.COM

information XL.COM SOLD FOR 600,000€

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Seb@stien

Established Member
Impact
XL.COM, others domains & trademarks sold today for 600 000€ after bids by bankruptcy court.

XL is a french airline went bankrut in 2019.

Cheap...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I agree it was definitely cheap, they left a lot of money on the table and the bankrupt company's legal team should of petitioned the courts to hold the auction outside of the bankruptcy court and to use a auction that specialize in selling digital assets....

Last edited:
•••
cheap! I would love to own it. XL are my initials.

•••
•••
XL.COM, others domains & trademarks sold today for 600 000€ after bids by bankruptcy court.

XL is a french airline went bankrut in 2019.

Cheap...
Based on your assessment, what would have been an appropriate price?

•••
•••
•••
Based on your assessment, what would have been an appropriate price?

Sincerely I don't know but min a million. IMO.
The auctioneer estimation was between 600K€ and 1100K€. Starting price 550K€.
I attended the live auction, there was only 2 bidders...

•••
It seems about right imo. This is a huge price that was obtained without solicitation. Fair on both ends.

•••
•••
at first look it might look cheap but considering this was a liquidation sale I agree with @Keith that it is a actually a decent price and could have sold for far less considering the circumstances. If the owner had time to market the domain and find a buyer then yes it could have sold for twice as much and perhaps even 3 or 4 times higher. XL would make a fantastic brand for XL clothing (something I am seeing as a trend lately)

•••
•••
Way too cheap. The buy got lucky.

•••
Back