IT.COM

domain www.mannyvsfloyd.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

A friend of mine has offered me $500 for www.mannyvsfloyd.com, I have experience in internet marketing. I was an affiliate manager for a large Affilliate network so I know the basics but am limited otherwise. Can anyone please give me advice on what to do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok , this is what you need to do...

First : go to the shoe store , buy a really good running shoes , really really good ones ,

put the shoes on...

then ... take the money that your friend offered you for the domain and start running like a lion is chasing you ! :)

•••

I agree !!! Take it before he changes his mind. It has little or no value in general. Only a few end users would pay that kind of money. You have found one of those end users.

•••
Good advice liror.. I think you forgetting couple key points #1, Manny Pacquoioa vs Floyd Mayweather will be the highest grossing fight in PPV history. #2, its almost impossible to spell the last names. #3 the google keyword results page for each person is in the millions. I just want to know if the domain name is worth the 500 bucks I was offered.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

ok thanks guys, I am beginning to think that I should just sell the site. I do however not want him to generate massive traffic to the site later on and regret it. Thanks for both of your replies I really appreciate it.

•••
Hmmm...I can actually see this going somewhere. Someone offered you $500 for this? What's your email address? I'd like to possibly talk to you in private and see if we can work something out.

•••
you remember the mike vs lennox fight or the mike vs evander fight? it losses alot going only by their first name. You got a sure $500 looking at you, but you also will also have to hear about it forever if your buddy scores on this name lol. I would take the $ lol plus there is floydvsmanny.com and the last names to compete with. Goodluck

•••
If someone offered me that much the deal would be in progress already.

•••
To bad once the fight (or if the fight ever takes place) starts they will market it to hell with a diffrent domain (unless they buy yours)......sell now if you truly have an offer

•••
Thanks for the feedback guys.. I am confused on why he wants to give me $500.00?? Its confusing me, also I am more suspicious because he is Filipino and has a huge network out in the Phillipines. I am just going to sell it.. Thanks everyone for giving me perspective!

•••
Sell it

Good advice liror.. I think you forgetting couple key points #1, Manny Pacquoioa vs Floyd Mayweather will be the highest grossing fight in PPV history. #2, its almost impossible to spell the last names. #3 the google keyword results page for each person is in the millions. I just want to know if the domain name is worth the 500 bucks I was offered.

lol you right about it being impossible to spell, its spelt Pacquiao

•••
•••
Hmmm...I can actually see this going somewhere. Someone offered you $500 for this? What's your email address? I'd like to possibly talk to you in private and see if we can work something out.

If this fight gets going, it's a 95% bet that yours will be the best term used. FloydvsManny.com is already up and running but people are already more comfortably saying manny vs floyd... and once a phrase takes off a certain way, that's the phrase people search.

If you have no development plans, maybe talk to your Phillipines buddy about some kind of a shared development/shared profit -- with you keeping control of the domain name and revenue account, of course. Or try work the same deal with someone at namepros. Do it carefully and with someone trustworthy.

If you want the quick cash just sell for that price and make peace with the fact that it looks like this fight will happen and if it does, the owner of the name will make a good bit of cash for awhile. It's all about pros and cons, right?

FYI if I had this name, I'd do some minor development with a minisite, some boxing news feeds, some updates. Maybe make it a simple blog with some adsense...
Because when these events happen, you can make quite a ton of cash on ads, if your site is indexed well and has some good content.
I'd start now.
$500 isn't a bad price, not like someone's ripping you off, they're taking a chance too... but IMO I'd rather take a chance on making a lot more than $500, and risk losing the 'sure sale'.
Just my 2 cents, from my situation.
Only you can decide what you need in your situation.

:)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back