Dynadot

.info Wouldn't .NFO be Better?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

IntrepidPoster

Established Member
Impact
Don't you think that a .nfo TLD would be better than .info, given that .nfo is three letters? Well, if I made TLDs, that's what I'd have made it. :p

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not for the general public.

•••
what is "NFO" ?
INFO is information
Maybe "NFO" is new fund offer.
Have any idea :)

•••
"ARS" (A 3L) is shorter than "CARS" (A 4L) but I think we all know which one holds more value.

Shorter is only better when the meaning is maintained and makes sense. For example, I'd prefer "CARS" over "MOTORCARS"/"BUYCARS". Here, shorter term is better.

But removing a letter and the changing the meaning- just to make it shorter?

Besides, most women will tell you the opposite; shorter is not better!

•••
why not make all tld's single char.
crappyname.i
or
lousyname.a

Saving 1 Char in the gTLD .info and making it .nfo is Pointless, Stupid and a really silly idea.
Why?
Because MOST people can actually type in 4 char gTLD's just as easy as 3char ones.
Plus most people use Search engine links to find websites so the Length of the URL including the tld is irrelevant.

Clicking the link of IncrediblyLongDomainName.info is no harder than clicking the link to no_url_shorteners

•••
While I can see what your saying I don't think it would be a wise idea....I just did some quick searching and it appears .nfo is a file extension already and used by newsgroups of some sort:

http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/nfo-files.html

Also honestly I think .info just makes so much more sense and as BFT said taking 1 letter off isn't really going to do much in the way of benefits.

Just my thoughts

Blake A. Worthington

•••

Last edited:
•••
nfo doesn't give any sense while .info gives sense it is short word of information.

•••
I think .info is more accurate..Who the heck would remember .NFO?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back