IT.COM

poll Would you use .me for personal branding?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Would you use .me for personal branding?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    40.4%
  • Not at all

votes
    36.2%
  • Only if other extensions are taken

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I've seen software developers use a lot of firstnameLastname.me for personal brand, using it to showcase their portfolio, the projects they have done, a complete repository perhaps.

How do you think .me is when compared to, say, firstnameLastname.com or say some other extension?
Also, would you prefer a .me over a .COM for personal branding?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, fantastic data @Macit. You would think by now I would just go to Dofo to get the best answer for any question :xf.smile:. I usually do that, but I guess had a senior's moment when did not go to Dofo today.

So slightly fewer registered than my stats (perhaps date difference or how pending deletes are counted in two systems), but not that different. It is really interesting that about 44% have websites. That strikes me as quite high from the data on various TLDs I read in Domnomics from surveys. Also, it strikes me as a surprisingly low 5.9% are for sale on marketplaces (although parked numbers suggest probably some others really are for sale probably in other places and ways).

What a fantastic picture Dofo is able to give of an extensions registration, aftermarket for-sale status, and website use! (y)

You really should, if you do not already, have I Love Dofo shirts :xf.grin:. Sorry for not thinking to go to you right off for data. Thanks for amazing data, which caused me to do one last post after I said I was out of this thread.

So .me use like wp.me which is redirect to WordPress, no_url_shorteners which redirects to Telegram, fb(.)me that is used to redirect to Facebook, do those redirects get counted in stats for Alexa I presume (or does just the site visited after redirect, or both, get the credit?). I must look more into this and the popular sites.

Thanks again! Dofo to the rescue!

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Also would like to mention that as a domain investor, I will not invest more than 20% in .me extension.

•••
There are a couple of .me that I would personally develop and brand if I had the chance.

•••
I have a few .me domains I got during a promo, but I would only get [verb].me domains.

For example, here are a few nice ones I DO NOT OWN :xf.cry::

tax.me
slap.me
f**k.me
eat.me
click.me

ETC. It's perfect for personal branding especially if you have the dictionary word for your service. Like if you have a freelancer platform, then hire.me would be great!

Last edited:
•••
If I had a rich .me folio and the .me name was premium, why not?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back