NameSilo

Would you buy an expired domain with bad reputation?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I found an expired domain with some traffic, but when I look up this domain at Google, I see only customer complaints. Would you buy an expired domain with bad reputation?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes. There are ways to clear up it's past reputation.

•••
Well unless you know the "ways" to clear up complaints...don't buy it!

•••
•••
•••
and make sure to use whois privacy
you don't wanna get a phone call in the middle of the night from people complaining about previous site.

•••
•••
I tend to stay away, especially if it's blacklisted...usually spells trouble. If its reg fee maybe..not much of a loss, but anything above...NO!

Just my 2cents :xf.love:

•••
it depends on the severity of the complaints?
what are the they about?
bad customer service?
computer viruses?
insider trading?

•••
If the domain has been deleted, and if you register it will have a new created/registered date, then I would say go for it. But if you are buying it while it's expired, I would stay away.

Donny

•••
Expired Names

Gene said:
yes. There are ways to clear up it's past reputation.

I recently purchased an expired name.
Unable to add Adsense to the new site.
Any ideas of how I can rectify the situation.
Any advice muchly appreciated

Cheers

•••
email sent to google
they responded very quickly with...

"Thanks for letting us know that ads are not being served to your site.
I've investigated this matter and believe that it has been resolved. Ad serving should resume within 24 hours. If ads have not resumed being served withing 48 hours, please reply to this email and I'll be happy to continue to assist you in troubleshooting this issue."

Adds are now displaying

Thank you Google

•••
traffic of a site is the most important, but reputation is also important.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back