Dynadot

Worse spam ever

NameSilo
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
I try to put myself in the shoes of someone who's just registered a domain for the first time. Imagine getting an e-mail like this where it tries to trick you into thinking your domain is about to get canceled. We all get some spam after registering domains. This is the first spam though I've ever gotten which actually sounding threatening. Anyone who doesn't read extremely carefully or doesn't know much about domain names and spam would easily be misled by scammers who run these kind of companies. None of this kind of trickery helps the industry.

Attention: Important Notice , DOMAIN SERVICE NOTICE
Domain Name: xxxx.com

ATT: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
REGISTRANT CONTACT: +xxxxxxxxx
xxxx.com

Response Requested By
23 - September - 2015

PART I: REVIEW NOTICE

Attn: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
As a courtesy to domain name holders, we are sending you this notification for your business Domain name search engine registration. This letter is to inform you that it's time to send in your registration.

Failure to complete your Domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may result in cancellation of this offer making it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web.

Privatization allows the consumer a choice when registering. Search engine registration includes domain name search engine submission. Do not discard, this notice is not an invoice it is a courtesy reminder to register your domain name search engine listing so your customers can locate you on the web.

This Notice for: xxxx.com will expire at 11:59PM EST, 23 - September - 2015 Act now!

Select Term and Package Here

Payment by Credit/Debit Card
Select the term using the link above by 23 - September - 2015

xxxx.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information in this letter contains confidential and/or legally privileged information from the notification processing department of the ListingRegDom 1521 Alton Road Suite #464, Miami Beach, FL 33139 USA, This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you do not wish to receive further updates from ListingRegDom Unsubscribe here. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents for this letter is strictly prohibited.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I try to put myself in the shoes of someone who's just registered a domain for the first time. Imagine getting an e-mail like this where it tries to trick you into thinking your domain is about to get canceled. We all get some spam after registering domains. This is the first spam though I've ever gotten which actually sounding threatening. Anyone who doesn't read extremely carefully or doesn't know much about domain names and spam would easily be misled by scammers who run these kind of companies. None of this kind of trickery helps the industry.

Attention: Important Notice , DOMAIN SERVICE NOTICE
Domain Name: xxxx.com

ATT: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
REGISTRANT CONTACT: +xxxxxxxxx
xxxx.com

Response Requested By
23 - September - 2015

PART I: REVIEW NOTICE

Attn: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
As a courtesy to domain name holders, we are sending you this notification for your business Domain name search engine registration. This letter is to inform you that it's time to send in your registration.

Failure to complete your Domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may result in cancellation of this offer making it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web.

Privatization allows the consumer a choice when registering. Search engine registration includes domain name search engine submission. Do not discard, this notice is not an invoice it is a courtesy reminder to register your domain name search engine listing so your customers can locate you on the web.

This Notice for: xxxx.com will expire at 11:59PM EST, 23 - September - 2015 Act now!

Select Term and Package Here

Payment by Credit/Debit Card
Select the term using the link above by 23 - September - 2015

xxxx.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information in this letter contains confidential and/or legally privileged information from the notification processing department of the ListingRegDom 1521 Alton Road Suite #464, Miami Beach, FL 33139 USA, This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you do not wish to receive further updates from ListingRegDom Unsubscribe here. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents for this letter is strictly prohibited.

I'm getting these notices too, but on privately registered domains...do you know how they can see that a domain name is registered if it is registered as private in the WHOIS?

•••
the email does not try to trick you into thinking your domain will be canceled

instead, the email is trying to make "you think" you need to submit your domain name to a search engine.

i have received the same email

imo....

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back