Domain Empire

WordPress Directory Theme

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

I'm looking to develop some domains into Directory websites.

Can anyone recommend a good WordPress Directory theme?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rehub is probably the best wp theme for directory and review sites. Very flexible, lots of features and support is good too. Good luck!

•••
Rehub is probably the best wp theme for directory and review sites. Very flexible, lots of features and support is good too. Good luck!

Thanks @viikka much appreciated. I'll check it out.

•••
Try Multipurpose Directory theme from Themeforest, it is very good theme and can be customized as per your requirement. We have used it in couple of our clients site..

Let me know if you need any help..

Regards
Nihar

•••
Try Multipurpose Directory theme from Themeforest, it is very good theme and can be customized as per your requirement. We have used it in couple of our clients site..

Regards
Nihar

Many thanks for the information Nihar. I'll be in touch if I need any assistance. Much appreciated.

•••

Regards
Nihar

I meant to ask in my last message - can you send me links of the websites you have developed?

Thanks.

•••
@frankp57 Sent you pm..pls check and reply pls.

Regards
Nihar

•••
We've evaluated and used various directory themes and plugins over the years, and truth be told, there are too many of them, but thankfully, while they work for the intended directory function, they go about it in different ways and colorful approaches. Here are our favorites (note: these are NOT affiliate links):
  • YellowPages - if you're more into city guides and well, YP-style sites, this child theme from Templatic is your go-to theme.
  • Listify - One of the first directory themes to sport the masonry-style modern listings, and a choice with various directory and commerce plugins
  • Metrodir - Popularized the tile-style directory/category listings (the "metro" coming from Windows10)
  • GeoDirectory - Interesting flexibility in that it also comes with its own plugin, which is applicable to other themes
  • Directory+ - A stardard-form, almost vanilla-style directory theme used in many sites, likely due to the fact they have a free version
  • ListingPro - Contemporary-style directory theme with good support for various popular categories (e.g. real-estate, automotive, food, services, etc.)

•••
We've evaluated and used various directory themes and plugins over the years, and truth be told, there are too many of them, but thankfully, while they work for the intended directory function, they go about it in different ways and colorful approaches. Here are our favorites (note: these are NOT affiliate links):
  • YellowPages - if you're more into city guides and well, YP-style sites, this child theme from Templatic is your go-to theme.
  • Listify - One of the first directory themes to sport the masonry-style modern listings, and a choice with various directory and commerce plugins
  • Metrodir - Popularized the tile-style directory/category listings (the "metro" coming from Windows10)
  • GeoDirectory - Interesting flexibility in that it also comes with its own plugin, which is applicable to other themes
  • Directory+ - A stardard-form, almost vanilla-style directory theme used in many sites, likely due to the fact they have a free version
  • ListingPro - Contemporary-style directory theme with good support for various popular categories (e.g. real-estate, automotive, food, services, etc.)

Thanks Nicholas, I'll check those out.

•••
•••
Thanks for the reply @frankp57 will wait for the same.

Regards
Nihar

•••
Chose any theme but take care the directory function is not in the theme, use a plugin instead, because if it is theme based, then you will not be able to change the theme later. But if it is plugin based, you can always change the theme.

•••
Chose any theme but take care the directory function is not in the theme, use a plugin instead, because if it is theme based, then you will not be able to change the theme later. But if it is plugin based, you can always change the theme.

Thanks @ikhub - feedback much appreciated. Any plugin suggestions by any chance, or are they all much of a muchness?

•••
Thanks @ikhub - feedback much appreciated. Any plugin suggestions by any chance, or are they all much of a muchness?
Would suggest Sabai Directory plugin - it works with almost all themes.

•••

Thanks for the feedback Nicholas. I'm taking a look at your suggestions now.

•••
Directory from Templatic.com

•••
whitbybusinessdirectory.co.uk is mine, nice theme to use, paypal intergrated, SEO Yeost add-on etc. Link to theme is at bottom of my directory

•••
•••
Nice suggestions and appreciate the round-up.

Do you have a favorite @nicholas?

•••
Thanks guys. I'll have a look at these.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Do you have a favorite @nicholas?

Yes, they are best selected according to your (or client's) specific needs or site functionality, so your particular use should dictate the choice (unless you go the reverse route and create a site via inspiration based on them), but personally, my three favorites are YellowPages, Listify and Metrodir.

•••
Hello,

I'm looking to develop some domains into Directory websites.

Can anyone recommend a good WordPress Directory theme?

Thanks

If you are still looking I can sell my unused phpld (php link directory) licenses. They can be sold. It's a life time license for each domain, includes all future upgrades. It has Paypal checkout system inside, all you need is to enter your paypal email and your own prices for different link types in its admin panel. People can sign up to become member if they wish. Members can edit their own links if you allow. They can submit articles as well.
I paid $30 each, can give it to you for $20. I can install for $10. Admin panel is easy to manage. You can approve-reject link and article submissions. It doesn't need frequent upgrades like wordpress, set and forget.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back