IT.COM

WLS? What is that all about?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Can somebody tell me what this Wait Listing Service thing is all about? Is this just another way for the drop companies to make more money?

Please explain what is going on with WLS? Sounds like it will be near-impossible to get any dropping names... :|

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Brief summary I posted on NameFAQs
http://www.namefaqs.com/question/qstId/20.html

It will make it difficult to get dropping names unless you're the first to wager that its going to drop. If you're familiar with Snapnames, the system will be similar. First come first served on the backorder... but there will be no competition.

•••
Nice site/idea RJ.

WLS will kill a great deap of the dropped name business.

I think there is something nice to the current system where you still have a chance at grabbing a dropped name. With WLS, whatever company has the most capitol and resources can essentially grab any and all names down the road.

•••
The deepest pockets will win, whether is be with WLS or the current system where most good drops are caught by auction based backorder providers.

One thing I believe WLS will do is bring the concept of backordering domains to the mainstream user instead of the present system which is dominated by resellers. I'm sure the big players in domains will still manage to get the lions share of backorders though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back