NameSilo

Wisdom teeth

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
D-:
I'm getting all of my wisdom teeth pulled out tomorrow!
D-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ouch! Good luck, don't drool too much o_o!

•••
•••
It doesnt hurt D-:

when mine were pulled out a long while ago i didnt feel a thing
untill the nummy stuff started wearing off D-:

then it heart like heII D-:

•••
•••
D-:

Maybe when you come back, I'll buy more of your NP$'s ... THAT will make you feel better!
Good Luck with it, Gal.

•••
why pull it out ? kiddo, you are supposed to cut the wisdom teeth :lol:

•••
Cut?! What do you mean??

You people are D-:-ing me out! :laugh:

Originally posted by CoolHost.com
D-:

Maybe when you come back, I'll buy more of your NP$'s ... THAT will make you feel better!
Good Luck with it, Gal.
:D Thanks, it would, :hehe:

•••
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
Cut?! What do you mean??
You people are D-:-ing me out! :laugh:

Good Luck!

:hehe: :snaphappy:

•••
Try to ignore all of the BLOOD!!! D-:

:hehe:

•••
When I got mine out I was really dumb for a long time:D

•••
Originally posted by Sharpy
When I got mine out I was really dumb for a long time:D

:lol:

wicked_gal00 you won't be able to get more NP$, if that happens to you!!! :o

•••
Don't worry Sohil, I think it's safe to say that I'm already dumb! :laugh:

•••
Don't worry Sohil, I think it's safe to say that I'm already dumb! :laugh:

:hehe:

:notme:

Last edited:
•••
http://phrases.shu.ac.uk/bulletin_board/18/messages/393.html

Re: Cutting teeth
Posted by ESC on January 18, 2003 at 15:40:16:

In Reply to: Re: Cut One's Teeth posted by R. Berg on January 17, 2003 at 23:03:24:

: : Hello, I was just wondering whether any one might know the origin of the term "to cut one's teeth". Thanks in advance for any information.

: When a baby's teeth first appear, what is really cut is the gums as the teeth push through them. The Oxford English Dictionary gives "cut" in this sense, with "tooth" or "teeth" as the object, in quotations going back to 1677.

Babies and puppies chew on things when they are "cutting teeth." The way I've heard the expression is in reference to how one gained experience. "I 'cut my teeth on' writing funeral notices for a newspaper."

Other toothsome expressions: "to cut one's eyeteeth" or "to cut one's wisdom teeth." Mr. Funk says the first means: "To acquire wisdom; to learn the ways of the world. An eyetooth is a canine tooth, the third from the center in the upper jaw. The expression is somewhat literal, for the implication is that by the time a person has got his permanent set of canine teeth, has reached the age of twelve or fourteen, he has passed out of babyhood and has reached years of discretion. This working of the saying appears to have originated in the United States, first recorded in 1870 by the essayist, Ralph Waldo Emerson, though undoubtedly long in use before that date. The British version, dating to the early eighteenth century, is ‘to have one’s eyeteeth’ or ‘to have one’s eyeteeth about one.’ The usage differs slightly, carrying the implication of alertness against chicanery; that is, to use one’s knowledge and experience in one’s dealings.” From “2107 Curious Word Origins, Sayings & Expressions from White Elephants to a Song and Dance” by Charles Earle Funk (Galahad Book, New York, 1993). A second source says: “If wisdom does come with age, ‘to cut one’s wisdom teeth’ is more appropriate, for these are cut at the ages of 17 to 25 and up to age 50! These molars have been known as ‘dentes sapientiae,’ ‘teeth of wisdom,’ since the time of Hippocrates.” From “Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins” by Robert Hendrickson (Facts on File, New York, 1997).

•••
:hehe: Thanks for the brief explination! :p

I'm not supposed to eat after midnight, and I'm not gonna be able to eat till tomorrow afternoon so I'm gonna go stock up, :laugh:

I'll tell you guys all the gory bloody details of how it goes tomorrow! :p

•••
Ahhh, sucks babe, major good luck vibes coming from my direction! I have to get mine pulled within the next few years as well. My mouth is so small (physically, at least :P), and I have really big jaw muscles from years of playing the flute, so its reaaallly hard to work with. I'm nervous already lol ... ah well.

•••
It went ok. :)
It hurts a bit, but my mouth is still numb...
It's all bloody and gross though...
Yuck...To anyone who's had theirs pulled out already, how long does it bleed for? It's damn annoying with this gauze in my mouth, lol...

•••
how long does it bleed for?

Few Hours!

Last edited:
•••
It can bleed for up to six hours
depending if the teeth were infected
or impacted before the dentist pulled them

if not is should stop in a couple of hours

•••
It went ok. :)
It hurts a bit, but my mouth is still numb...
It's all bloody and gross though...
Yuck...To anyone who's had theirs pulled out already, how long does it bleed for? It's damn annoying with this gauze in my mouth, lol...

dont worry about all the gauze in your mouth......you qualify for the next godfather serial replacing the mumbling mafia don marlon brando :lol:

btw clove oil is a great anasthetic for tooth ache

•••
Yikes, sorry about your wisdom teeth having to come out D-:
Good Luck!

Originally posted by Taryn Sedai
My mouth is so small (physically, at least :P), and I have really big jaw muscles from years of playing the flute, so its reaaallly hard to work with. I'm nervous already lol ... ah well.

Speaking of flutes. BandCamp.us is up for auction D-:
http://www.namepros.com/np_auctions/displayitem.php?item=1056649042

•••
:hehe: Never miss a chance for a sale, do you? :laugh:

•••
:hehe: Never miss a chance for a sale, do you? :laugh:

:blink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back