NameSilo

WireNine Hosting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Reviews and information for WireNine Hosting

HORRIBLE company... They posted a deal here on NamePros a week or so ago for a free domain registration along with a hosting account. I of course saw the deal and snagged it after reading their TOS. When I purchased the hosting account and recieved the free domain, there weren't any problems (other than the fact that all changes to the domain had to be made by support ticket or live support). After noticing that the domain was registered under their owner's name, I got a little suspicious.

Today, 8/31/05, I tried to cancel the hosting account. They informed me that the domain would be cancelled along with it. It might just be me, but when they advertised the free domain, they advertised it as a free yearly domain registration -- and that would mean that even after cancelling the hosting, I'd still get to keep the domain. It's just like GoDaddy; they offer a free registration, but THEY have the head to keep the customer and let them keep the domain.

These guys stink, period. Don't EVER use them for ANYTHING.

If you've been scammed the same way, PLEASE file a dispute against them with PayPal or your credit card company -- if they get enough complaints then they'll get disabled.

Thanks for reading! :)

EDIT: After submitting a PayPal complaint, I got an e-mail from the owner stating that I'd be recieving full rights to the domain for the remainder of the year even if I don't continue hosting. I'll keep this updated as to what happens.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back