IT.COM

Wildwest tranfer question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I know godaddy and wild west are considered different registrars and can't have domains pushed without a formal transfer. However, my questions is about moving domains between different reseller accounts within WW.

Can you accept a name change into a different reseller than originally processed? (I could not get this to work on one try).

Can domains be pushed between WW reseller accounts for free without adding a years reg?

Does accepting a name in a WW account eliminate transfers out for 60 days as it does at Godaddy?

Does moving within different WW accounts kick in the 60 day transfer hold?

If you have a WW reseller account as a reseller is there any difference?

I have purchased names from several WW resellers and have them in differnent accounts. I would like to consolidate if possible without adding domain years at this point. Any possible way or tips?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
AdoptableDomains said:
I know godaddy and wild west are considered different registrars and can't have domains pushed without a formal transfer. However, my questions is about moving domains between different reseller accounts within WW.

Can you accept a name change into a different reseller than originally processed? (I could not get this to work on one try).

Can domains be pushed between WW reseller accounts for free without adding a years reg?

Yes, but within the same reseller.

Does accepting a name in a WW account eliminate transfers out for 60 days as it does at Godaddy?

It is the same as in GD.

Does moving within different WW accounts kick in the 60 day transfer hold?

No.

If you have a WW reseller account as a reseller is there any difference?

No, your reseller account can't be used as 'domain owner' account, you can create yourself regular customer acc, the only thing better is that you can make it to be 'commission free' so you don't pay comission to yourself.

I have purchased names from several WW resellers and have them in differnent accounts. I would like to consolidate if possible without adding domain years at this point. Any possible way or tips?

Theoreticaly it could be done, but there is no way that I know of to do it yourself. You can ask their support.

•••
GoDaddy/Wild West 60 day transfers rules and failed transfer refunds

"Does moving within different WW accounts kick in the 60 day transfer hold?"

If you make any change no matter how minor (i.e. even so minor as adding a comma or dot to your address) to the registrant data the 60 day no transfer rule applies and strictly enforced. Learned that the hard way. It's one of the most maddening things with GD/WW. In fact, you are not even allowed to transfer between GD and WW accts even if you own both of them!

Another issue I have with them is that when the (mandated prepaid fee) for transfers fail (for any reason) they get deleted from the transfer screen on day-30, WITHOUT A REFUND!

A few min ago confirmed that is correct with WW Tech Supt. In other words to get a refund for failed transfers you need to remember the transfer failed after 30 days, find your receipt number, call (be on hold for a while and talk a long time as they slowly look everything up) and ask for a refund. It's real easy to forget to do that. I am sure many of us have lost money over that issue.

They really should issue a refund automatically. When I mentioned that to tech supt she refused to make a note of the complaint, saying send an email to the President for that and any other issues.

•••
I have a WW account... I would just call them on the telephone... I was on hold for 3 minutes to talk with a rep... who gave me his email and now he registers all my names for me... so I don't even have to!!! (I only use him when I have found 10 or more names I want to purchase)

I have also joined the "reseller reseller" program where I can sign people up for Wild West Domains and actually get a small peice of anything registered throught them!!

Shawn

•••
EagleWD said:
I have a WW account... I would just call them on the telephone... I was on hold for 3 minutes to talk with a rep... who gave me his email and now he registers all my names for me... so I don't even have to!!! (I only use him when I have found 10 or more names I want to purchase)

You're the first guy I've heard of that registers domains over the phone. :D

As for the original question, I didn't think it was possible to accept an account change between WWD resellers. Maybe it's worth trying though.

•••
-RJ- said:
You're the first guy I've heard of that registers domains over the phone. :D

As for the original question, I didn't think it was possible to accept an account change between WWD resellers. Maybe it's worth trying though.

True, Duke and I have tried it, they absolutely refuse to allow a push between resellers, no exception, period. They won't even discuss the issue as being nonsensical.

Sorry to report I am slowly getting less and less enthusiastic about GD/WW as ongoing odd policy issues keep on popping up, including the nonsense that if you change anything (even a comma) to registrant data it resets the clock banning transfers for 60 days even if its a transfer from GD to WW and you own both the accts.

In fact the act of renewing your name also amazingly resets the 60 day clock. I had a name which transfer/push failed due to being too close to exp date so they suggested i renew it first. I did that and it then was rejected again on the grounds the renewal reset the 60 day clock....stupid. They refused to discuss the stupidity of it.

P.S. However, plan to still stay with them for now as it's very tough finding anyone better as far as overall prices and benefits go.

Last edited:
•••
Well.... I only talked to them on the phone the first time!!! hahaha

Now... I just send him an email.... boom... and it's done... I don't have to think about it anymore...

I just thought it was a nice service. He also handles my transfers that dont go through refunds!! which is nice....

Shawn

•••
EagleWD said:
Well.... I only talked to them on the phone the first time!!! hahaha

Now... I just send him an email.... boom... and it's done... I don't have to think about it anymore...

I just thought it was a nice service. He also handles my transfers that dont go through refunds!! which is nice....Shawn

Really? Are you sure GD registers domains for you simply by phone (as indicated in your earlier post) or email (as stated in last post) request?

That seems odd in that they are always very strict in their policies toward me (too strict & unbending) so it's amazing they bypass the rules that you must agree to all the reg terms and the domain dispute policy and other legalities which is done by checking the agreement box on the page.

•••
GoDaddy is playing games with their "no pushes between resellers" rule.

I personally know at least one person who has had it done after alot of arguing with them, so technically it CAN be done, they just don't want to do it 'cause they would lose money.

What do you think happens if the reseller decides not to renew their $90-$100 annual fee? Your domains get pushed into another account!

Another little-known-fact is that GoDaddy runs BlueRazor.com which sells against their own resellers, giving the public the reseller's wholesale pricing and guess what? You can push domains between BlueRazor and GoDaddy! This is pretty obnoxious behavior towards their own resellers.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back