IT.COM

WiFi...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

campout

Top Member
Impact
It appears that WiFi is trademarked; yet I see in the history of this forum, people buying and selling domains containing WiFi.

If you came across an attractive domain with WiFi in it, would you try to flip it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
WiFi is otherwise a general dictionary term and it is quite necessary for the TM holder to prove in a UDRP proceedings that his trademark registration was in your knowledge, maybe due to popularity. But we know WiFi as a general terms rather than TM word, atleast in India, so I don't see any risks in flipping !

•••
This is something that you must look into as terms that you would call a "general dictionary term" or GK, DVD is a trademark and you have to apply for usage.

http://www.dvdfllc.co.jp/license/l_howto.html - if you want to mark your DVD's with the DVD logo legally.

I would assume WiFi has the same standards.

It's something to carefully look into and unsure how it reflects for domains if they don't use the logo.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back