Status
Not open for further replies.

lyman

Established Member
Impact
Please appraise wife.ly

wife.com were sold for 100k in 2009

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I give it a thumbs up.

Low/mid $xxxx to an end user
High ~$xxx to a reseller

•••
I give it a thumbs up.

Low/mid $xxxx to an end user
High ~$xxx to a reseller

Many thanks RJ , wives deserve a lot for sure :)

More appraisals please

•••
•••
•••
Great name! Looks good to me. I would appraise it for low $xxxx. Good luck with it.

•••
•••
If it was the arabic name for wife minor dough, .ly is Libya and Arabic is their language so wife means zero to them

xx on flippa or ebay

low xxx to someone wanting a bad ccTLD for an English word

GOOD LUCK

•••
I'd say mid $xxx to low $xxxx depending on if the buyer is a reseller or end user. Nice name tho, good luck! :)

•••
If it was the arabic name for wife minor dough, .ly is Libya and Arabic is their language so wife means zero to them

xx on flippa or ebay

low xxx to someone wanting a bad ccTLD for an English word

GOOD LUCK

Ah yes, please check below and think again Or Google .ly and see:

.ly is very popular ccTLD in among start-ups, Many popular URL shortening services are registered in the .ly domain: brief.ly, no_url_shorteners, no_url_shorteners (former default for Twitter), no_url_shorteners (default forHootSuite)

Successful websites that are using .LY TLD:

· visual.ly - AlexaRank 2579

· series.ly - AlexaRank 3632

· cl.ly - AlexaRank 6374

· list.ly - AlexaRank 7220

· ht.ly - AlexaRank 7512

· insight.ly - AlexaRank 8237

· mad.ly - AlexaRank 13574

· slide.ly - AlexaRank 16697

· profit.ly - AlexaRank 16726

· ltt.ly - AlexaRank 16765

· generalassemb.ly - AlexaRank 16832

· easel.ly - AlexaRank 20463

· mural.ly - AlexaRank 31966

· secret.ly - AlexaRank 32211

· embed.ly - AlexaRank 33397

· instant.ly - AlexaRank 35799

· time.ly - AlexaRank 40559

· lover.ly - AlexaRank 42076

· hawa.ly - AlexaRank 49023

· palet.ly - AlexaRank 62827

· lana-news.ly - AlexaRank 63112

· img.ly - AlexaRank 63523

· giveaway.ly - AlexaRank 64038

· sprint.ly - AlexaRank 64042

· workintelligent.ly - AlexaRank 69970

· todo.ly - AlexaRank 70364

· alwasat.ly - AlexaRank 86933

· current.ly - AlexaRank 87435

· knowledge.ly - AlexaRank 92486

Recent sales of .LY domains:

· local.ly - $100,000

· song.ly - $50,000

· social.ly - $50,000

· instant.ly - $32,000

· rep.ly - $22,050

· love.ly - $20,000

· smart.ly - $20,000

· dai.ly - $17,000

· urgent.ly - $15,000

· 3.ly - €10,100

· a.ly - $11,000

· active.ly - $10,000

· current.ly - $10,000

· great.ly - $10,000

· shop.ly - $10,000

· ro.ly - $9,999

· ral.ly - $9,500

· curious.ly - $8,495

· oreil.ly - $8,000

· er.ly - $7,850

· prompt.ly - $7,500

· 3.ly - $7,000

· pod.ly - $6,500

· music.ly - $6,000

· bold.ly - $5,605

· silent.ly - $5,500

· love.ly - €4,600

· close.ly - $5,000

· entire.ly - $5,000

· exact.ly - $5,000

· order.ly - $5,000

•••
I'd say mid $xxx to low $xxxx depending on if the buyer is a reseller or end user. Nice name tho, good luck! :)

Thanks for your pass and comment

•••
not too high..now if it was wif.ey..;)

•••
Recent sales of .LY domains:

· local.ly - $100,000

· song.ly - $50,000

· social.ly - $50,000

· instant.ly - $32,000

· rep.ly - $22,050

· love.ly - $20,000

· smart.ly - $20,000

· dai.ly - $17,000

· urgent.ly - $15,000

· 3.ly - €10,100

· a.ly - $11,000

· active.ly - $10,000

· current.ly - $10,000

· great.ly - $10,000

· shop.ly - $10,000

· ro.ly - $9,999

· ral.ly - $9,500

· curious.ly - $8,495

· oreil.ly - $8,000

· er.ly - $7,850

· prompt.ly - $7,500

· 3.ly - $7,000

· pod.ly - $6,500

· music.ly - $6,000

· bold.ly - $5,605

· silent.ly - $5,500

· love.ly - €4,600

· close.ly - $5,000

· entire.ly - $5,000

· exact.ly - $5,000

· order.ly - $5,000

absolute majority of $1k+ sales are domain hacks where .ly is a part of a word (adverb/noun). wife.ly is not.

none of major "English" tlds (com/net/org/co/co.uk/com.au/eu/us) developed meaning low end-user interest towards the keyword if any

wife,io sold for $285 recently
wifey.net for $100 in 2014
wife.com sold for $100k but one can only compare .com to .ly in his worst nightmare

my 2 cents ===> low $xxx from a domainer on a good day (see latest Park.io .ly auctions) . end-users will never touch it..

Last edited:
•••
Wifely is an adjective. And the meaning is befitting or characteristic of a wife. Not the word that we are used to with.

•••
absolute majority of $1k+ sales are domain hacks where .ly is a part of a word (adverb/noun). wife.ly is not.

none of major "English" tlds (com/net/org/co/co.uk/com.au/eu/us) developed meaning low end-user interest towards the keyword if any

wife,io sold for $285 recently
wifey.net for $100 in 2014
wife.com sold for $100k but one can only compare .com to .ly in his worst nightmare

my 2 cents ===> low $xxx from a domainer on a good day (see latest Park.io .ly auctions) . end-users will never touch it..

Ok 4pm, then I'll be happy to know your appraisals for the following domains where LY is a part of the word in the most of them :

awful.ly
decent.ly
digit.ly
dramatic.ly
economical.ly
electrical.ly
frizz.ly
ground.ly
jean.ly
10» plugins.ly
11» statical.ly

•••
•••
•••
.ly is a high-risk extension, it's been down several times in History.
Domains that are used in ways deemed to be unIslamic can be shut down (example).
As said above, many if not most sales seem to be domain hacks. I don't think name could even be used by a startup.
Last but not least, the country is unstable at the moment.

•••
Can't really come up with any use case for the domain so...

•••
.ly is a high-risk extension, it's been down several times in History.
Domains that are used in ways deemed to be unIslamic can be shut down (example).
As said above, many if not most sales seem to be domain hacks. I don't think name could even be used by a startup.
Last but not least, the country is unstable at the moment.

Thanks Kate, please write .LY and do a small search in Google to see how many domains with .LY domains, do you think that those people who owns those domains are fool to make their big investment in high risk?

Read here please:

"
No surprise then, John Borthwick, CEO of no_url_shorteners was quick to respond to an inquiry on the Q&A site Quora that asked if .ly services would be interrupted with Libya offline.

Don’t Worry about .ly
There’ll be no interruption, according to Borthwick. “For .ly domains to be unresolvable the five .ly root servers that are authoritative *all* have to be offline, or responding with empty responses,” he writes. “Of the five root nameservers for the .ly TLD: two are based in Oregon, one is in the Netherlands and two are in Libya.”

Borthwick’s response should serve to reassure users of no_url_shorteners, at the very least. He says that the company will keep the service running, including “offering options around which top level domains you use.” Try .mp, for example (that’s the TLD for the Northern Mariana Islands)

AND Here:

" Unlike Egypt, which was offline for a week, Libya has had intermittent Internet access. The Next Web posits that the shutdowns in Libya echo some sort of nightly curfew – off at 11pm and on again at dawn. This makes it likely that other DNS servers will update their records and the .ly domains will continue working.

AND here:

" All this should serve as a cautionary tale for anyone obtaining a domain – in Libya or, frankly, elsewhere, as TLDs fall under government scrutiny and seizure, no matter the country.

The source: http://readwrite.com/2011/02/20/what_happens_to_ly_domains_when_libya_shuts_down_t/

•••
•••
Thanks Kate, please write .LY and do a small search in Google to see how many domains with .LY domains, do you think that those people who owns those domains are fool to make their big investment in high risk?
Fool, uninformed or they just don't care because they don't run critical websites, or they use the .ly as a shortener only and not as a standalone (primary) domain.

There are only 14491 registered domains in .ly today. So it's a small extension.

It just means that few people will even buy a .ly domain for regfee, and even fewer are going to buy one on the aftermarket. .ly cannot be considered a safe ccTLD when there is not even a functioning government in Libya (in fact there are two) and the future of the country is unpredictable.

Good luck to you anyway.

•••
It really doesn't matter about whether .LY is a safe cctld or not, because there is no local market for this domain and it doesn't work as a domain hack either.

It's a reg fee domain, but even at reg fee I don't think i'd want it.

Those who are trying to substantiate a high-ish valuation by saying that similar-looking names have sold for that in the past are failing to understand that just because a few domains have sold quite well in .LY in the past it does not mean that a market has been created in that extension...

Really, it doesn't!... Optimism is a good thing, but domainers tend to take this way too far, and many need a reality check, lol.

Good luck,

•••
Successful websites that are using .LY TLD:

· visual.ly - AlexaRank 2579

· series.ly - AlexaRank 3632

· cl.ly - AlexaRank 6374

· list.ly - AlexaRank 7220

· ht.ly - AlexaRank 7512

· insight.ly - AlexaRank 8237

I can sell you a nice Alexa right around 10,000 for a minor amount of money

Then you can claim how successful your site is

Alexa means NOTHING unless you're in the big boy range well under 1K

It's actually a dead amazon project

worthless like this name

•••
On reflection, I will correct myself a little on this one and will suggest that this domain could have some use as a dating site, where the emphasis is on serious intent that leads to matrimony.

It's a highly subjective sale 'though, and is based entirely upon whether the buyer believes that a brand-able reference like "wifely" has any merit.

I would never be happy with an identity like this, but then I wouldn't be the buyer...
;)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back