I mean
M/Y/D/O/M/A/I/N.COM
MYDOMAIN(DOT)COM
MYDOMAIN.....COM

Why don't they directly post MYDOMAIN.COM

Related:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To avoid unwanted traffic / spam / attention / automated harvesting of domain name

•••
I've never understood this. Surely any harvester is capable of filtering out non-alphanumeric characters to build the domain name.

•••
To avoid unwanted traffic / spam / attention / automated harvesting of domain name
If the domainer think about it all. Then its better not even show with slashes or (dot) Lets keep the domain in his mind and with his Registrar only.

•••
Namepros gets a lot of love from Google...so threads posted here are indexed and ranked fairly quickly by Big G. So basically if you post a thread here with DOMAINNAME.COM you can rest assured it will get indexed by Google. This can be a problem if you are doing outbound sales or if you have the domain listed on other marketplaces at end user pricing and also have them listed here on NP at reseller pricing...if a potential buyer Googles the domain name and they see it listed here for way way less than what you want to sell it to them for then that could be a problem. So to avoid getting the domain indexed by Google many people use the //// and (dot) format.

Last edited:
•••
Okie @deez007 Thanks for info. 100/100
So its for outbound sellers only. I think there are 90% domainers don't do outbound. OR they don't know how to?
So for the domainers like me it is actually proud thing that Google show my domain on first page.:xf.smile:

•••
I've never understood this. Surely any harvester is capable of filtering out non-alphanumeric characters to build the domain name.

keep it out of history books of google :)

Last edited:
•••
Okie @deez007 Thanks for info. 100/100
So its for outbound sellers only. I think there are 90% domainers don't do outbound. OR they don't know how to?
So for the domainers like me it is actually proud thing that Google show my domain on first page.:xf.smile:

Lol...not just for outbound sellers mate... .. lets say for example you have the domain listed on Sedo for $xxxx at end user pricing.... but here on NP you have it listed for $xxx at reseller pricing. Now a potential buy might see the domain on Sedo.com then decide to Google the domain name...and they find the sales thread where you have the domain listed for much less...then instead of buying it at that higher price they simply create an account here and buy it from you here....

To give you an actual example of what happened to me once....

I had a domain marked for $xxxx on Sedo.com and have it on sale here for $xxx. A potential buyer contacted me via email and asked me if If we can negotiate a better price. He said he saw the domain for sale on Sedo for $xxxx. So I asked him to come back to me with his best offer, he said he was going to develop it so I knew he was an end user. I then went ahead and removed the price from my NP sales thread incase he Googled the domain name. Then the next day I get a rather rude email from him saying that i am the scum of the earth and I am just finding other peoples domains for sale and adding a HUGE mark up on them and trying to sell them to other people. He went on to say that he saw someone selling the domain for sale on Sedo and he then checked the whois and contacted me....then in the mean time he also googled the name and found it for sale for $xxx . So when he got my reply he was going to counter with a much lower price that it was listed on Sedo... but then when he checked again he saw that the price was removed from the namespro sales thread...so then he assumed that I went ahead and bought that domain from the person selling it and now want to sell it him for like 70% more.....lol I explained that it was my domain and I had it listed on different market places and one market place is a reseller market and the other was targeting end users.... he never got back to me and that was the end of our communiction....lol

Last edited:
•••
If I hand reg Love.com I don't want the enduser to google Love.com and find out that I've paid 10$ for it and I'm trying to sell for 1M.

•••
I think its all depends on the Name. If you have really nice name which you think could sell XXXX then why different prices at different market places.
Lets show the world you have LOVE.com and you want 1M. that's it.

•••
Yes, that was an example. I agree that if you want 1M and you think it's worth 1M you should ask 1M.
But human mind works like this and it makes no sense (in my opinion) to make the sale harder.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back