Domain Empire

information Why the Web (DOMAINS) Matters

NameSilo
Watch

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
There is no question that Native Apps and Social Media have had an impact on the value and importance of internet domains. The good news is that things are changing rapidly with the rise of the Progressive Web App (PWA). First, it is important to understand the difference between a Native App and a Progressive Web App (PWA). In short a PWA is an interactive website (domain) with the typical characteristics of a native app.

Native App: A native application (native app) is an application program that has been developed for use on a particular platform or device. A native app is found in a store and downloaded, it overloads the device hardware. In addition, it bypasses a domain.

PWA: Progressive web applications are web applications that load like websites but can offer the user functionality such as working offline, push notifications, and device hardware access traditionally available only to native mobile applications. A PWA is accessed only through a DOMAIN.

Recently, there has been some studies released by three major companies regarding the impact that a PWA, built on a domain, had on their business. The compiled data is noteworthy to domain investors because the increases in critical business functions can not be found with a social media handle or a native app, they can only be found via an internet domain. With the rise of the PWA the importance of an internet domain has never been greater.

Here are some highlights and the video below:

Spotify

Problem: Millions of users were not downloading their native app.

Solution: PWA on an internet domain.

Results: 54% increase in Day 1 plays (activation)
14% increase in Day 60 active users (retention)
30% of logins from non active users (reactivation)

Starbucks

Problem: Six million more people were going to their domain rather than using their native app.

Results: 25% increase in desk top orders.
65% increase in rewards registration.
Less sign in problems.
2x Faster

Pinterest

Problem: Users that came to domain was much higher than users that used the native app.

Results: 4x Faster initial Page-Load
6x Faster subsequent visits
103% increase in weekly users
300% increase in session duration
PWA is top for user sign up, surpassing native app
600% increase in pins seen

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know nothing about PWA's and the definition didn't make me much wiser. What exactly is the difference between using a PWA instead of just browsing to the website and doing what you need to do? I assume it's just an app, run on a mobile device, which just sends you to a specific part of your website in order to order a coffee, for example. Without having to deal with a monolithic website. Does that sound about right? How could a PWA be helpful in selling domain names? It's a genuine question.

•••
I know nothing about PWA's and the definition didn't make me much wiser. What exactly is the difference between using a PWA instead of just browsing to the website and doing what you need to do? I assume it's just an app, run on a mobile device, which just sends you to a specific part of your website in order to order a coffee, for example. Without having to deal with a monolithic website. Does that sound about right? How could a PWA be helpful in selling domain names? It's a genuine question.
A PWA is an interactive website, designed to behave like a native app. A PWA stores the shell and content on a web server, like a website, instead of on a clients device. This allows for the applications to run faster and more secure, through DNS (domains). You can think of a PWA as a hybrid between a native app and a website.

•••
Does Starbucks need to use a different domain from Starbucks.com for each app. Or can they run the app on a Starbucks.com/folder or subdomain.Starbucks.com

•••
Does Starbucks need to use a different domain from Starbucks.com for each app. Or can they run the app on a Starbucks.com/folder or subdomain.Starbucks.com
Great question. Starbucks is currently using a subdomain, app.starbucks.com.

•••
Ok. Thanks. That makes it a little clearer what PWA is.

•••
Ok. Thanks. That makes it a little clearer what PWA is.
The changes seem subtle, but the impact is huge for domains as there is no more need to download apps. Instead of an app store users can just surf to a domain.

•••
•••
•••
btw, technically...a native app also need a websit.hosting behind it, just while you use native app, u may not aware it, thus less importance for dn for native app...

in other hand, ur thread indicate the continus importance of domain given the PWA will play a more important role...follow this, I also want state the short name play more important role...people type in their cell phone browers expect short dn...max is 6L...if the name is too long, it will reduce the users intreresting to type in while use phone....and they dont like chang between number ang letter....they want pure letter...shorter, with meaninful pattern...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back