NameSilo

status-invalid Why NamePros is useless for large sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentum

Established Member
Impact
Why on NP is not to possible find large buyers for great domains? I remember on another site it took few hours to make 30-40k sale but here best you can get $1k offer for you $100k domain and you are lucky..may be there is no any serious domainers? Only school boy dreamers?

Admin response:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is down? Economic growth: "
Measured in Dollars, Not Goods and Services"

So if there is less power buying and selling, then there is a "down" ? The market as a whole, not you or how rich you are.

•••
Everyone I know had a great 2017

Doing well financially has to do with a lot of factors, brains and luck being two. If you can't use the noggin' might as well just throw it out.

Perseverance.

And once the money starts flowing in, being able to invest versus just blow it is key too.

Last edited:
•••
Real Estate is up because there remains lower inventory than usual. More buyers than sellers. Stock market simply up because people want to buy something with their extra cash, same way they are starting to want to buy cryptocurrency. But, there has to be extra cash in order to sustain any of these, so the economy couldn't be all that bad.
I couldn't agree more, I got a 25% return with Home Depot in a single year, pretty good for a big box store.

If you are talking about a divide between classes, I will agree with you there, it takes money to make money, unless you invested in cryptocurrency early on, got some new FORBES top 1000.

•••
What is down? Economic growth: "
Measured in Dollars, Not Goods and Services"

So if there is less power buying and selling, then there is a "down" ? The market as a whole, not you or how rich you are.
Oh man now you are making me think, when I think of how the economy is doing your right several factors go into it.

1) GDP Growth = It's decent

2) Job Gains = Fair

3) Durable Good Orders = Healthy

4) Inflation = Under 2 percent / Decent

5) Interest Rates = Rising (Healthy)

So overall, the economy is firing on all cylinders

•••
So what do you think of the overall domain market wwwweb? How is it changed? Why are people selling out their portfolios ? Let's just say the economy is "up".

Where do you think the market is going and where are most transactions ?

•••
If you're referring to people trying to get out of the domain business period, as in entirely: To answer "why people are selling out their domain portfolios," I think has more to do with that they have lower end stuff and were unrealistic about its value and speed at which it would sell to begin with.

I mean obviously, if you're able to sell at least enough to pay the reg fees each month, then why dump? And if you're selling way more than the maintenance costs, you definitely wouldn't want to dump.

Granted there are some other factors too, such as - do you have something else going on? Maybe you want to devote time to something else.

Last edited:
•••
What about the market, overall has it changed? What's the direction that the domain market is heading to? Where are most transactions. I like an opinion on this. Thanks

Edit: You may want to dump something to invest in something better. Ie. A job for another better job, a real estate in suburb for a piece in downtown, its not necessarily its not profitable, but there are other better opp.

The question is, what about the overall market? Has it changed, what is your opinion.

Last edited:
•••
Looking at more recent years, I think 2015 was a better year than say, 2017 as far as sky high sales of domains that wouldn't necessarily sell for quite that much today.

But there are always exceptions.

Last edited:
•••
Why do you think so? That the selling prices are dropped? Does that apply to the whole market or just a few outliers? I just got back from a few years away, don't even check my email for years and lost a few domains not being renewed. Appreciate some insight into why?

•••
I dunno why. But it also gets back to using the old noggin'. I just noticed that namebio reported a domain I sold the other day for 1408% more than it sold for in 2014, but that was me buying it in 2014, I think, lol.

•••
Maybe a few more insights into this may help most of us domainers (hobbyists) figure out what's going on. So is the domain market down from 2015 market? 2017 vs 2015? vs 2014 etc., ? If so what are the causes if not I like to know.

•••
I agree with pretty much all xynames posts, Who the hell would even imagine selling a decent domain on Namepros.?? Please don't get me wrong, I've fired-out quite a lot of domains over the last 18 years, when I desperately needed the money. Even have a few from the past still asking me 'what's on offer ??. Thankfully those days won't return.

it is only rubbish that's offered in all domain sales forums these-days. Yep, One or two decents at anything from 100k upwards, Why they bother here or any board is beyond me.

I have to add, there are very few people these days that understand that old-advertising-values still count (It isn't fanciful wording) It's connectivity.

PS And No Balloney. (Richard Morris) You can't insert your 'dot' at will

Last edited:
•••
@Domain-Reseller

You must remember this is a domain forum, it never has and never will be the place where the big end user sales happen (private, Sedo, Afternic etc) . Use it as a forum and and if you want big sales, you need to go out and find those big buyers.

Having said that, some very nice sales do happen in private on this forum as well. Sales that are not reported anywhere

•••
Maybe a few more insights into this may help most of us domainers (hobbyists) figure out what's going on. So is the domain market down from 2015 market? 2017 vs 2015? vs 2014 etc., ? If so what are the causes if not I like to know.

I think it's cyclical. After a lot of domainers realize that this is a long term game and not a get rich quick scheme are weeded out, the market will upturn again. Just too much inventory right now and too many desperate sellers.

Also we have some newbies who entered in 2015, and made some great sales who think that they are Midas, who need to be weeded out too, but before they are, some of these will be dumping vast inventories onto the market.

Last edited:
•••
I will add, that those domainers that can identify with specific markets don't really care about short-term. Sure you can miss market spikes with 'popular wording' (here-today-gone-tomorrow) But good stuff stays around.

I don't think good (associating) domains are cyclical, But, Just like any market you have to take a investment term view.

looking back at a few. coms (Some still holding) one word +Smart prefix registered in 1999/2004. I don't even remember what drove me. But something did ;)

Last edited:
•••
Spent over $10k buying this month here in private.
Can't sell anything here for years unless it's in the $1 auction.
Lot of crap names and a bunch of people who has $100 or less and want to become millionaire.

•••
It's not that the domains themselves are cyclical, it's that any business that gets oversaturated with sellers is cyclical, until such time as it is undersaturated with sellers and the boom side of the cycle commences again.

•••
I think part of what makes NamePros good is that the moderators...are moderate.

They are not here to antagonize or bother anyone, just to keep order.

At some forums there are oddball moderators who are off balance, the type who have something to prove, and this type of excess in the end disrupts the flow of new membership.

•••
This topic comes up every now and then. To summarize my previous responses:
  1. I've been added to many DM's over the years on NamePros where deals have completed for $XX,XXX and $XXX,XXX. I've also been told about a $X,XXX,XXX offer (not sale) made by a NamePros member to another NamePros member.
  2. If your domains aren't getting $30-40k offers, then your domains aren't worth that at reseller pricing, because those offers are easy to get here with the right domains.
  3. No one wants to pay more for a domain than they have to, so if you can buy a $40k domain for $4, then everyone would be happy to do that. If you can't respond professionally and respectfully to a low ball offer, then you might have lost a serious counter offer because of it.
  4. Reseller market (everywhere) is slower right now than when there was hype in the past (parking, Chinese domains, etc.)
Whether buying or selling, it's here on NP. All the big players keep an eye on this forum. Deals are made privately I'm sure.
Ya, we have compiled a list of all of the big players on NamePros and there are only a handful of the biggest names in the business that we couldn't find accounts for (Although they may have an account and we just haven't found it). But everyone else you've heard of making serious money in domaining has an account on NamePros and a large percentage of them are actively visiting the boards. Not all of them check the marketplace, but if they're on the site, then there's a chance they'll see the sales listings on the sidebar.

Hope that helps,

•••
Real Estate is up because there remains lower inventory than usual. More buyers than sellers. Stock market simply up because people want to buy something with their extra cash, same way they are starting to want to buy cryptocurrency. But, there has to be extra cash in order to sustain any of these, so the economy couldn't be all that bad.

Commentary on the economy via high end car sales:
As stock market surges, so does business in the high-end car market
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com.../sd-fi-luxurycars-economy-20171229-story.html

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back