Dynadot

advice Why I think Banks need their .BRAND new gTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

guillon

Established Member
Impact
In the article to which I posted the link down below, are recent phishing emails that I received in the name of a French bank.

These are issues banks have to deal with on a daily basis and in volume: not only because it hurts their image but also because it causes serious problems to some of their customers.

For these two reasons, and also because it is useless thinking that procedures exist at (some) Registrars to fight phishing, here is another approach banks can have to protect more their customers from phishing.

Read my article here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If a bank didn't apply for their .brand gtld, there is no option for them but to wait for the next round of applications.

Meanwhile, using .bank may not be a bad idea after all.

•••
Then the question becomes .bank or .chase or .jpmorgan or maybe .secure

Unless it is completely uniform throughout the entire industry, it’s a waste.

•••
.barclays, .bnpparibas, and .axa have been around for years now, but none of them caught on. Seems we have the answer already

•••
•••
.Bank is generic new gTLD for Banks. .Bank registry says this gTLD has inbuilt security features which are ingenious and helpful to banks. I'm surprised why all the banks not using it. While I'm also curious to know whether even single bank using this nTLD.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back