NameSilo

Why can't I get traffic even my site is listed at 1st page of Google?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

miklcct

Established Member
Impact
My sites have real contents and placed at the best possible domain name (the single keyword combined with the ccTLD targeted). They are listed on the 1st page of Google using the relevant keywords, but why doesn't my site get more than 10 views per day?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
May be because your keyword has a low monthly searches. Anyone can easily rank a random not used keyword , if you make a website about : baladotaritas (means nothing) , you will rank first on this specific keyword , but you will never get traffic.

•••
my keywords ("trailo" is the abbreviation of "trail orienteering"):

trailo hong kong (listed literally as the first)
trail orienteering hong kong (listed on the first page)

Last edited:
•••
Have you make research how much people is searching with those keywords? It is a clear case if there aren't at all/very less searches for these keywords.

It's great that you have keywords in 1st page but the quality of the keywords is another thing.

•••
Have you make research how much people is searching with those keywords? It is a clear case if there aren't at all/very less searches for these keywords.

It's great that you have keywords in 1st page but the quality of the keywords is another thing.

Trail orienteering is a newly developing sport in Hong Kong with current market size about 100 people. Is there anything I can do to increase the traffic?

•••
You have find now the answer for your question:

"Trail orienteering is a newly developing sport in Hong Kong with current market size about 100 people."

● Hire SEO company to do SEO with monthly plan.

● Advertise your website on social media, find out who is interested about this, collect their email addresses and start to make email connection list.

● Make research how you can make new content to your website and the most important - It's has to be interesting in your customers eyes.

Start with these steps.

Without hearing nothing relevant to your business I guess it's pretty new business, all marks points to that.

•••
Where the target audience is just 100 people, you better be keeping the site as a hobby and not for profit.

•••
current market size about 100 people.

And you have to ask why you're not getting traffic?

Is there anything I can do to increase the traffic?

Try optimizing for a word people search for, like orienteering.

1) Your site is in English, use Orienteering | Orienteering Hong Kong | Hong Kong Trails.

2) Build an email list.

3) Help organize events.

Last edited:
•••

Being bashful about your websites URL doesn't help SEO.

•••
why doesn't my site get more than 10 views per day?

Here, you answered on your own question.

How many people in HK would search for trailo?

•••
In addition to the fact there are very few people searching for this keyword, Google recognizes recent websites you have visited and will rank your site bon your computer much higher than it will rank on someone else's computer. I believe there is a way to disable this feature to see the true search rank within Google Tools.

•••
Here, you answered on your own question.

How many people in HK would search for trailo?

As I mentioned before, the market size is currently about 100. It is still a minority sport discipline around the world, with the popularity concentrated in Europe.

The market will grow by the time when the Asian championship is held next year, and the world championship is held two years afterwards, or if one of our athletes gets a good result in the world champ.

Is it possible to get a lot of traffic by a well-written site with real content about a niche segment with an extremely small market?

In addition to the fact there are very few people searching for this keyword, Google recognizes recent websites you have visited and will rank your site bon your computer much higher than it will rank on someone else's computer. I believe there is a way to disable this feature to see the true search rank within Google Tools.

The results are the same when I used an incognito Chrome tab connected to a proxy in Lithuania, where the world championship was held last year.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back