NameSilo

.mobi WHY ARE THREADS BEING deleted here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I would like to hear Jermey and Dans opinions

If I have to listen to Greg, HasRob, Jeff, and others..

Seems fair to me..

pc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Gregr said:
Skip circa1850's posts and it only takes 5 minutes. :)
There is 100% truth in this!
:talk: Careful, now...you might get mobilized.

•••
mjnels said:
oh please... I for one am A DOMAINER NOOB.. im ok with duping myself.

or am i duping other noobs plus myself?

not everyone has such an extreme view... of course the view of the herd is extreme on 1 side or the other.. but its time for the smart ones to read between the lines.

hmmm i hear someone on ebay getting duped... time to put on my cape, and im off........

church bells ringing... man there are a whole lot of people in there getting duped in some peoples opinion...

Looks like 1-800-flowers just got duped... :xf.love:

http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/343111-mtld-announces-more-rfp-offerings-launch.html

Of course, why did they need the 1800flowers.mobi when they could have had 1800flowers.tv? deb...?

•••
mjnels said:
oh please... I for one am A DOMAINER NOOB.. im ok with duping myself.

lol

mjnels said:
not everyone has such an extreme view... of course the view of the herd is extreme on 1 side or the other.. but its time for the smart ones to read between the lines.

Usually the arguments are so exaggerated and obvious that there is no need to read between lines. I think it's exaggerated hype that provokes a sometimes over-negative reaction from the realists, and it's all downhill from there. Both sides are to blame but BS seems to kick it off.

•••
Guys, did you see the thread about 1800flowers.mobi goes live?

It is awsome, don't you think so? It is good news for all us mobi fans.

•••
I`m getting annoyed about this issue.

I don`t like .tv domains for exampple but since I know some people like them I don`t go to criticize them all the time no matter what.

Some people instead do try to spit on any .mobi thread. Can`t they just simply avoiding reading the .mobi threads? Obviously not. Why?

•••
Gregr said:
This all sounds well and good. The problem is that shortly after someone decides they want to get rich in domain names they arrive here. Here they are bombarded with .mobi being the second coming. When someone tries to warn the noobs, their posts are deleted and in my case, told to stay out of the .mobi section. Leaving the .mobi fanatics free reign to rope in the noobs with their hype.

Gregr said:
Congratulations on finding bigger suckers.

You just questioned our credibility and motives, directly insulted, and effectively labeled all .mobi supporters con men, and you wonder why people want you to go away?

Lookie here moderators,

If you want a prime example of what .mobi supporters are talking about in this thread, look no further than the quoted posts above me.

These are the kinds of inflammatory posts that are not only totally unnecessary, but just serve to piss people off and nothing more. I believe it's called "flaming".

Last edited:
•••
garrett200 said:
You just questioned our credibility and motives, directly insulted, and effectively labeled all .mobi supporters con men, and you wonder why people want you to go away?

Lookie here moderators,

If you want a prime example of what .mobi supporters are talking about in this thread, look no further than the quoted posts above me.
Yup, good example. Just have to search for his posts in the mobi forum to find more. And we all know he isn't alone. It's fairly clear to me that the negative undertow may stop for a bit but won't ever go away. I need to spend time on more important matters so I'm done wasting time fighting this battle.

BeatDeadHorse.gif

•••
Gregr said:
This all sounds well and good. The problem is that shortly after someone decides they want to get rich in domain names they arrive here. Here they are bombarded with .mobi being the second coming. When someone tries to warn the noobs, their posts are deleted and in my case, told to stay out of the .mobi section. Leaving the .mobi fanatics free reign to rope in the noobs with their hype.

Than stop warning the noobs.. Since everyone who doesn't agree with you is a noob. Which would probably be like what? 10/11's of the world? This is life dude apparently you need to get used to it, rather than being mr bigshot all the time. Ever day you are subjet to more bs on many channels all trying to get you to join this or signup for that. That is part of life and if you choose to signup, than you choose.. That is your choice, it is not for me or you to decide what is right or wrong. It is for ourselves to decide what is right or wrong for ourselves.

To continue bashing members by calling everyone who buys a mobi a noob is downright disrespect, I could honestly care less about who you are.. If you were Bill Gates I might care just abit but other than that.. I don't.. Disrespect is dispect and you have give nothing but disrepect to this community time after time.

You have absolutely no respect for other people (non .mobi and .mobi lovers) here and you have posted like 10 times and never once have you ever said something nice so far.

- Steve

•••
iNod said:
Than stop warning the noobs.. Since everyone who doesn't agree with you is a noob. Which would probably be like what? 10/11's of the world? This is life dude apparently you need to get used to it, rather than being mr bigshot all the time. Ever day you are subjet to more bs on many channels all trying to get you to join this or signup for that. That is part of life and if you choose to signup, than you choose.. That is your choice, it is not for me or you to decide what is right or wrong. It is for ourselves to decide what is right or wrong for ourselves.

To continue bashing members by calling everyone who buys a mobi a noob is downright disrespect, I could honestly care less about who you are.. If you were Bill Gates I might care just abit but other than that.. I don't.. Disrespect is dispect and you have give nothing but disrepect to this community time after time.

You have absolutely no respect for other people (non .mobi and .mobi lovers) here and you have posted like 10 times and never once have you ever said something nice so far.

- Steve

:bingo:

Well stated iNod.

•••
italiandragon said:
I`m getting annoyed about this issue.

I don`t like .tv domains for exampple but since I know some people like them I don`t go to criticize them all the time no matter what.

Some people instead do try to spit on any .mobi thread. Can`t they just simply avoiding reading the .mobi threads? Obviously not. Why?
Ciao, Lorenzo!

Come va!

Perchè? Poiché è divertimento e gioco!

Ciò è il loro gioco. È lo sport dei di .commies ed è la loro commedia.

Esso saranno giusti.

Sorry if my Italian is not so good.

Spiacente se il mio italiano non è così buono.

E ricordi… capace di far ridere. HA HA HA!

Arrivederci, amico!

•••
Now we've got people in this community beating dead horses ---

Scandiman, I'm reporting you to the "Anti-Cruelty to Dead Animals Society" - and drag that equine corpus off the road -

per inod's (Steve) rebuke and comments - "you da man, right on!"

Signor Real,

Lei parla italiano molto bene --- auguri!

•••
I just can't help but to think that if I went to another sub forum and bashed that extenstion like a few do here then I would be tossed out on my ear. So anyone brave enough here is a test:
Copy a mobi-haters post.
Substitute .MOBI with .TV
Substitue the mobile internet with the video internet.
Now go to a .TV Forum thread and Paste.....
Would you be applauded? Would your post be deleted? Would it start a fight? Would you be banned? Would it be considered discussion?
Just a fairness thought... :)

•••
texasgamer said:
I just can't help but to think that if I went to another sub forum and bashed that extenstion like a few do here then I would be tossed out on my ear. So anyone brave enough here is a test:
Copy a mobi-haters post.
Substitute .MOBI with .TV
Substitue the mobile internet with the video internet.
Now go to a .TV Forum thread and Paste.....
Would you be applauded? Would your post be deleted? Would it start a fight? Would you be banned? Would it be considered discussion?
Just a fairness thought... :)

I just feel for the poor citizens of Tuvalu, who have been denied their right to their domain names

Speaking of .tv, from wikipedia:
The company is beginning a huge marketing campaign to make .TV the official domain for video, multi-media, and social networking on the web.

What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks does .tv have to do with social networking anyhow? I like how they squeezed that one in there...

Nice... .tv bashing on a .mobi anti-bashing thread...please forgive me.

•••
Your .mobi forum attracts people throughout namepros with threads titled, "WHY ARE THREADS BEING deleted here." When I click 'New Posts" and see this with all of its recent history, I cannot help myself but to click and read.

In an argument (a.k.a. debate), an anti .mobi or anti .tv enthusiast can only lodge certain credible criticisms at these extensions. Savvy .mobi or .tv investors already know the weakest points related to these extensions and can probably make better cases as to why the extensions may not be the best plays (after all, its their responsibility to know and understand what is going on in these areas). Nevertheless, they feel that the strengths of those extensions and the current promotional / marketing activities make a stronger case to remain invested (and perhaps to invest more).

•••
HotNames.tv said:
Your .mobi forum attracts people throughout namepros with threads titled, "WHY ARE THREADS BEING deleted here." When I click 'New Posts" and see this with all of its recent history, I cannot help myself but to click and read.

In an argument (a.k.a. debate), an anti .mobi or anti .tv enthusiast can only lodge certain credible criticisms at these extensions. Savvy .mobi or .tv investors already know the weakest points related to these extensions and can probably make better cases as to why the extensions may not be the best plays (after all, its their responsibility to know and understand what is going on in these areas). Nevertheless, they feel that the strengths of those extensions and the current promotional / marketing activities make a stronger case to remain invested (and perhaps to invest more).

Thanks HotNames, nice post. Visit again soon!

•••
Gregr said:
Greg,
You can still warn the "noobs." However, "you're all going to lose money," "you guys are suckers," ".mobi sucks, noobs," etc. are not warnings; they are baits to invite unproductive arguments.

Here's a proper form of a criticism:

I believe that .mobi is an extremely speculative investment for the following reasons:

1) Any extension can be formatted to work on mobile devices.
2) I have evidence of shill bidding that took place in the recent auctions. (insert evidence here) Therefore, the value of .mobi may be artificially inflated.
3) (more valid reasoning)

It is advisable to the newbies to do as much due diligence as possible before entering this field.

BTW, here's a bad example:

You are all suckers, n00bs. .mobi sucks. I'm rich and you're not. Go figure.

•••
.tv is still on the runway it hasnt really taken off YET! who's to say that a young extension like .mobi wont be successfull in future. good keword .mobi's will probably do quite well in future. just some of the longer more obscure regs might not be such a good investment especially in the short term. same can be said for the .tv extension. and there are plenty silly reg's in .tv land as well. its all part of the domaining learning curve.

this thread has made me laugh (the recent illustrations) :)

i hope .mobi does well, it really isnt that bad and definately has applications. but me, if i want investment value and potential im sticking with .FM as my risk investment. :imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back