IT.COM

new gtlds Who Is, and Who Isn’t, Sticking Around; gTLD Registry Operator Withdrawals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

clasione

VIP Member
StrategicRevenue.com
Impact
"NEW YORK – In light of another three to be cut, let’s take a look at Who’s pulling out, of the WhoIs, entirely. The following is a list of new gTLD operators who have decided that running their own dots is not something they wish to pursue and have notified ICANN, The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, of their intent to cancel and withdraw their Registry Operator Agreements."

See the termination and withdrawal list...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
"NEW YORK – In light of another three to be cut, let’s take a look at Who’s pulling out, of the WhoIs, entirely. The following is a list of new gTLD operators who have decided that running their own dots is not something they wish to pursue and have notified ICANN, The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, of their intent to cancel and withdraw their Registry Operator Agreements."

See the termination and withdrawal list...

Fake news ... Go work for CNN

•••
I think someone has an emotional investment in new tlds.

•••
Hate the news, don't shoot the messenger.

•••
@AlessandroCouteau

Just because you do not find something interesting does not mean others will feel and think the same way. I for one think it is very interesting that one of the most successful brands in the world (McDonalds) has decided not to market and or control their own branded TLD. I also find it interesting that there is an simple place on the ICANN site to see these updates from companies bailing out. I would bet that many other people who use this forum will find it interesting as well. When and if you do not find something interesting you move on to the next post. A waste of time, your comment and mine responding to it. This isn't AlessandroCouteauForums.com where only things that interest AlessandroCouteau should appear. It is NamePros where people discuss things related to domains, and that includes names being given up on, in my opinion.

•••
Internet extensions we're dropped on behalf of corporate reasons and say this is important news for GTLD investors ...

Being a domaining forum @clasione is reporting information relevant to our industry. Is it the same type of news as walmart firing employees? No, but then again we don't necessarily discuss news subjects here, just the news as it pertains to domains.

Whenever entire gTLD's are dropped it is news regardless of the fact that it does not affect us personally. To be an effective domainer you have to look at all sources of information. If more corporations drop gTLD's it could be a precursor of things to come. Private gTLD's might think if big corporations can't make a go of it then they may drop them as well.

So no it is not fake news, it is not made up news, it is news pertaining to our industry. If you want other types of news there are the places for it but I have to say I did gain insight reading the article.

I kinda thought.... what on gods green earth were they thinking?
.MZANSIMAGIC - I mean who would ever remember that if a corporate chief had that as part of an email address. Some of these soooooo deserved to be dropped.

That said, I don't think it will affect the relevant gTLD's operating successful registries.

Last edited:
•••
Being a domaining forum @clasione is reporting information relevant to our industry. Is it the same type of news as walmart firing employees? No, but then again we don't necessarily discuss news subjects here, just the news as it pertains to domains.

Whenever entire gTLD's are dropped it is news regardless of the fact that it does not affect us personally. To be an effective domainer you have to look at all sources of information. If more corporations drop gTLD's it could be a precursor of things to come. Private gTLD's might think if big corporations can't make a go of it then they may drop them as well.

So no it is not fake news, it is not made up news, it is news pertaining to our industry. If you want other types of news there are the places for it but I have to say I did gain insight reading the article.

I kinda thought.... what on gods green earth were they thinking?
.MZANSIMAGIC - I mean who would ever remember that if a corporate chief had that as part of an email address. Some of these soooooo deserved to be dropped.

That said, I don't think it will affect the relevant gTLD's operating successful registries.

Maple, I don't have a problem with that ... Everything you said is true but there is a thread exactly like this one that already exists ...

https://www.namepros.com/threads/list-of-retired-new-extensions.991424/

In my eyes this thread was created for the sole purpose of regurgitating news in order to gather new members for the ICA who are willing to shell out $25,000 for a platinum membership :)

Last edited:
•••
@AlessandroCouteau

Just because you do not find something interesting does not mean others will feel and think the same way. I for one think it is very interesting that one of the most successful brands in the world (McDonalds) has decided not to market and or control their own branded TLD. I also find it interesting that there is an simple place on the ICANN site to see these updates from companies bailing out. I would bet that many other people who use this forum will find it interesting as well. When and if you do not find something interesting you move on to the next post. A waste of time, your comment and mine responding to it. This isn't AlessandroCouteauForums.com where only things that interest AlessandroCouteau should appear. It is NamePros where people discuss things related to domains, and that includes names being given up on, in my opinion.

The news your spreading is an attempt to pollute the waters ... Why is it interesting that anyone would find McDonalds dropping a domain extension interesting ... Last time I checked, I couldn't order a McFlurry or Big Mac online and how many people are actually attempting to contact McDonalds online about anything but complaints and the lost and found department. I've never in my life seen anyone wear a shirt with a McDonald's logo on it unless they were an employee working their shift ...

MontBlanc is an interesting case, indeed; one should see who owns MontBlanc ... And how many actual sales are directly correlated to their site alone, let alone their failed attempt that never was live ... Richemont is always experimenting and they have the right to, they are multi billionaires for gods sake, they even own Cartier ...

Let me know when .club or .tv or .loans stops kicking and I'll call you a "Record Breaking Reporter" for showing me some actual news that will effect the industry ... Not something repeated ...

These extensions you and Kate are showing are not effecting anyone, not the investors, not even the damn companies ;) you know why, because they can afford it, $175,000 to McDonalds is a budget for napkins and ketchup packets at one location in Manhattan !

Last edited:
•••
Honestly, this post had absolutely nothing to do with ICA.
I did not know about that previous thread and I just learned about the list while reading DNW.

And the ICA is not that expensive to be a member.
If you are remotely interested in ICA, you should check out the new member prices.
Relatively little cost to support an organization that helps us all.
(Only a few hundred a year for some membership classes.)

•••
To answer your first question I think it is interesting from a marketing perspective.
Yes, they can afford it, and they are record breaking marketers... That is what makes it interesting..... You are the only one talking about Record Breaking Reporting.

Last edited:
•••
To answer your first question I think it is interesting from a marketing perspective.

I think it's interesting that Bank Of America turned me down as a broker when I presented BOA.com to them for a mere $500,000 and they went and bought BOFA.com instead ... All big corporations are going to take a shortcut, because it's in their nature to make money ...

I don't believe it's just GTLDs, I believe in general, big companies will do whatever they can to save every penny earned, and sometimes that involves faulty marketing tactics ...

Anyone of these companies "big 500" can turn the tables ... We saw Google buy abc.xyz and look at the stir we caused for a couple months at least, it was such a stir that Daniel Negari himself was so greedy he decided to sell the rest of his names at a pennies a piece ... It is sheer greed that is steering the industry, from registars raising renewal prices to ICANN asking for more money on the application to even produce a new extension ... To me it's quite hilarious, I don't know about you ...

But the world is changing

•••
Yes, they can afford it, and they are record breaking marketers... That is what makes it interesting..... You are the only one talking about Record Breaking Reporting.

I don't have anything against your organization and I bet you're a pretty decent guy in person ... I just don't understand the need to show news like this ... And it's not just you, I have to tell you this past week, the news has just been a repeat of what has been said and for the most part it's assumptions and theories ...

I can't tell you for a fact that new GTLDs are a winner and you should invest, and I can't tell you that you're going to win the lottery tomorrow, but I can tell you the world is rapidly growing at a faster pace then any of us can fathom ... In the past 20 years, mankind has revolutionized the internet beyond expectations ...

I can only imagine what the digital world will be like in another 10 - 15 years ... Not just for GTLDs but TLDs as well ... All Internet realestate, I only wish the best for all of us !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back