Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Who designed the "Keyboard"

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
19
Hey
Just wondering..who came up with the design for the keyboard? and why are the Keys on a keyboard so random..are they suppose to be in some sorta order?
like why are they " Q W E R T Y U I O P " in the first row instead of "A B C D E F G H I J" ... and so on...well now pplz are used to this format..so i am not saying that we should change it..just wondering why and who came up with this order..or design of they keyboard
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
0
•••
Thus why the word typewriter is the biggest word you can spell on the top row?
 
0
•••
ComputerGuru247 said:
Thus why the word typewriter is the biggest word you can spell on the top row?

I was just thinking that excact same thing!
ahh, great minds think alike eh?
 
0
•••
I would have to say you are correct Mike!
 
0
•••
em ton saw it llew :S
 
0
•••
Does anyone know where I could find a keyboard with a ".com" key on it ?
Or would I have to run a program that changes my "\" key to a ".com" key ?
 
0
•••
0
•••
n-james that link had allready been posted :lol:

Very interesting and I had never though about that! indeed a strange read
 
0
•••
chicker said:
n-james that link had allready been posted :lol:

Very interesting and I had never though about that! indeed a strange read

Yeah, I never really questioned why the keys were so random.
 
0
•••
Its really obvious that the first 'keyboard' was typewriter. :P
nice find faisj.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back