Dynadot

WHM question...domain won't resolve...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have a strange problem. I set up a web account in WHM in CPanel. No, I'm not getting into the hosting business (grin). This was for a personal project. Anyway, it worked fine last night and I was able to install what I needed. Today though it won't resolve at all. I didn't change anything. The other web accounts that I have resolve fine. Any ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah get out while you can ....lol Well If its a new domain sometimes it take awhile to resolve. If you want PM me with any addition info you can give and I will try to help out

•••
can you post the domain?

•••
crmcorner.com

It's not really a new domain, though I just changed the nameservers the other day. They seemed to have resolved for a short time, but now they come up as host not found again. Maybe it hasn't resolved completely.

Thanks...

•••
sunken said:
I have a strange problem. I set up a web account in WHM in CPanel. No, I'm not getting into the hosting business (grin). This was for a personal project. Anyway, it worked fine last night and I was able to install what I needed. Today though it won't resolve at all. I didn't change anything. The other web accounts that I have resolve fine. Any ideas?

That's a very common problem. It's only because the domain hasn't resolved completely, in all global locations. Depending on the data stream at the moment, it may resolve for a while then change to unresolved. Give it a day or two and it will take care of itself.

Gene

•••
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Adam>ping crmcorner.com

Pinging crmcorner.com [70.84.117.2] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 70.84.117.2: bytes=32 time=117ms TTL=51
Reply from 70.84.117.2: bytes=32 time=115ms TTL=51
Reply from 70.84.117.2: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=51
Reply from 70.84.117.2: bytes=32 time=114ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 70.84.117.2:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 113ms, Maximum = 117ms, Average = 114ms

C:\Documents and Settings\Adam>

just give it time :) it will resolve

•••
Thanks, it just started working again. Guess the name servers were still updating. Never had that happen before, so I didn't know it would resolve and then unresolve and resolve again. Thanks for everyone's help, learn something new everyday.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back