IT.COM

domain whitecliffsofdover(dot)com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NXDomains

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

Registered this deleted 20 year old domain just now. Famous landmark of England with large search volume as a term. The cliffs also represent England in general and have been the subject of a song and a movie.

Possible end user: Perhaps a business in that local area, or some other possible website to do with England.

I'm thinking between $xx and mid $xxx, or even to grace delete it.

Would appreciate ideas/input/appraisals

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's overwhelmingly long in total characters, it's 4 words - maybe 6 really when spoken (Dot Com), & its kind of hard to say when reading as the words blend together - strange- it seems like there are no sharp edged words at all - kind of pleasant actually, but hard to remember.

The thing is, in the USA alone, the average reading/writing education level (used for healthcare related communications of all types, and most general marketing/advertising campaigns it 4th grade.

Otherwise - money down the drain as too big a % of a very diverse (again I only can reference US #s) population and many languages are lost in the messaging.

BUT on the other-hand - If you live somewhere that name has big meaning, locally and local biz branding/nostalgia - it could be a sale into xxxx area, you never know - but in this case I think it will be about who you know that could use this name for their biz now - it's a dropped name so it's Google juice is going away fast and will be de-indexed (dont worry, nothing wrong there, thats how it works) so you cant really sell it on "links" or traffic (in broad terms).

I hope that ramble was at least somewhat helpful.

Best of luck,
Brian

•••
Many thanks for taking the time to give input, @DnameAgame !

I agree with everything you say on the whole, there is a lot going against this name, especially the length. I would never normally be interested in something this long.

However, the white cliffs of Dover are very important in the English psyche and they are one of the most important national symbols of the UK. Only thing is, it's going to be a challenge to find the right end user who would use it for some kind of a monetised business.

The cliffs appeared in the news just the other day, in relation to a Brexit protest. I'm not allowed to post links on my account at the moment unfortunately.

Would appreciate any appraisals from others!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back