Domain Empire

Which VPS hosting is good for my website?

NameSilo
Watch

dimensionseo

Impact
I am planning to hosting one university results website and looking for right VPS hosting for my website but not able to decide which one will be good. can you please share your views for right vps hosting services for 1500000 visitors in one day when results will be declaired. One of my friend suggest me VPS hosting services form miditech.co.in please share your views on this website also.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you know how to optimize the VPS? To set it up properly with reverse proxy and caching? Do you know how to tune your Apache and MySQL based by your tech specs? If not then you should probably not go for a VPS with those numbers but for a dedicated server. Or if you go for a VPS you should build a clustered system with 4 servers at least. 1 as load balancer, 2 for the webserver and one for the databases.
Also do you homework before purchasing. Never jump for the first cheap one found as most of the times being cheap has a price.

•••
If you have never handled a VPS server, remember not to pay for a full year when you sign up.
Because you don't know what can go wrong and you might decide to switch.
Checkout these 2 hosts which have a decent reputation for VPS.
Wiredtree and Knownhost.

•••
WiredTree has responded within an hour or less to the half dozen support requests I have made in the last year. A couple of those were made late on a Sunday evening. Their answers have been good and they also responded quickly to followup questions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back