IT.COM

Which type of domains should I buy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ramzan Ali

Established Member
Impact
Could you please tell me which type of domains should i buy to start domaining?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Do you think that we should spoonfeed you ? Not a good idea, you have to do your homework.

•••
You need to do your research. There are no shortcuts to success.

•••
Simply listing domains on such sites doesn't guarantee it sells. You'll need to upgrade on each site to their feature listing options and even those no guarantee.

It's all about exposure. Not to mention quality of domains.

Good domains obviously sell themselves.

•••
Hi

John gives the short, but to the point, best answer

The ones that you can sell.

it begins with your budget

if you have $500 or less, then maybe try buying a couple of "domains that produce ppc revenue"

even if they earn $1 a month consistently and you can acquire for 24 months or less, you'd have a starting source of income.

if that name makes $13 a yr and renewal fee is only $10, then you profit $3.... and still own the name!

get a few more like that under your belt, then out-of-pocket expenses are reduced, along with the "need" to sell your domains to sustain the portfolio.

other options are hand-registering a couple (two or three) "future forward" domains and wait for that "tech/service" to reach mainstream.

for hand-regs, stay with .com

but read thru the "domains wanted" section, going back at least 7 years
so you can get a perspective of what "buyers" have been looking to purchase over the years.

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
My suggestion:

Good two-word-combinations in .com, that also is taken in .net, .org and .co.uk. If they also have a +10 year history, that's a bonus.

You will be able to buy these at Dropcatch.com, Sedo Auctions, GoDaddy Auctions etc...

Do not hand-reg names without doing research!

•••
start with .com's
check to see what is selling or what people are requesting
shorter the better

•••
•••
There are quite few discussions about this here on NP. You could read the tutorial threads, and that would let you be a bit more specific in your questions.

•••
Do you think that we should spoonfeed you ? Not a good idea, you have to do your homework.
I am not agree with you. You don't need to spoonfeed but you can tell him how to do himself, here this two people have given him direction.

Hi

John gives the short, but to the point, best answer

it begins with your budget

if you have $500 or less, then maybe try buying a couple of "domains that produce ppc revenue"

even if they earn $1 a month consistently and you can acquire for 24 months or less, you'd have a starting source of income.

if that name makes $13 a yr and renewal fee is only $10, then you profit $3.... and still own the name!

get a few more like that under your belt, then out-of-pocket expenses are reduced, along with the "need" to sell your domains to sustain the portfolio.

other options are hand-registering a couple (two or three) "future forward" domains and wait for that "tech/service" to reach mainstream.

for hand-regs, stay with .com

but read thru the "domains wanted" section, going back at least 7 years
so you can get a perspective of what "buyers" have been looking to purchase over the years.

Good Luck!

imo...
My suggestion:

Good two-word-combinations in .com, that also is taken in .net, .org and .co.uk. If they also have a +10 year history, that's a bonus.

You will be able to buy these at Dropcatch.com, Sedo Auctions, GoDaddy Auctions etc...

Do not hand-reg names without doing research!

•••
The ones that you can sell.
i bought few but i couldn't sell them :/ i tried to sell them on flippa, Sedo and Godaday

•••
There are quite few discussions about this here on NP. You could read the tutorial threads, and that would let you be a bit more specific in your questions.

Thanks for your reply. Could you please give me that thread link here? i check in NP homepage but didn't got it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back