Dynadot

debate Which of these 7 factors increase the domain value the most? (Number of letters, other extensions.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sandern

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Which of these factors in your opinion, increase the value of a domain the most?

(Let's assume the domain is a 1 word domain, not a combined 2 or more words, but just 1 word)
  • if the .com version has been sold, for at least a minimum of $5000+
  • If the domain name is registered in 40+ other extensions
  • The amount of letters it the domain (5 letters compared to 8 letters)
  • Whether the domain name is a generic keyword
  • Whether the domain has been previously penalized by google (if you re-registered it)
  • How newly the domain has been registered (2 days newly registered, vs 2 years for example)
  • Any other factor(s) you want to add?

In your domain knowledge/experience can you please put the above list in order, from top to bottom,

and have you got examples of past sold domains, where your list order applies,

Top of your list = the most important factors which increase the value of the domain

Bottom of your list = the least important value which affects the value of the domain

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I usually check via Google... Exact searches...
If no potential endusers - it means ~0 chances.

Last edited:
•••
you mean if the word is entered in google, and there are no searches,

then that means that there are no potential end users?

•••
I mean, that if no interesting potential leads or usage for your "EXACT" request - then chances are ~0.

•••
If you’re looking for algorithms you’ll be looking forever.

•••
Thanks for the replies.

ok let's change the question, which 2 factors do you think are most important, (from that above list on my 1st post)

if you are
1) an investor

2) an End user

which 2 factors are most important?

•••
There are keyword worth thousands never sold and never will to make a price point. Some buy gold and quietly work away on it. There are others sold in 90s and have low values with massive cpc's. It will be years before it all pans out with dot org co sales later influencing dot com etc.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back