IT.COM

domain Which name is better? - AppNameAutomation.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Waits

Impact
Hi, I'm trying to select a domain for my new software webpage. The app name is AppName and is about automating specific procedures on a computer.

Com is not available so I was thinking of the following alternatives:
AppName.net
AppNameAutomation.com

Which one is better - what do you think? Any further idea or recommendation is highly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As your app is about automating smth, you could choose .net, however you will lose some visitors. There is a trend now to get .io for IT apps, so if it's available, think about it too.

Last edited:
•••
Agree with @Ted.T

NameCheap $32.88 is best price for IO
You could also get your long dot com and the IO

Plus you might want to edit your post right quick and replace your actual app name like this:

The app name is AppName and is about automating a specific procedures on ios.

Com is not available so I was thinking of the following alternatives:
AppName.net
AppNameAutomation.com

•••
Agree, with Ted and usernamex, get .io.

I suggest you contact the owners of the dot com, see if they can sell it to you at a fair price, that way you do not lose visitors. Its redirecting to beyond sports**

Last edited:
•••
The dot com redirects to a well established site and doesn't look like they would be open to selling - always worth a try though
Created: Thursday, June 19, 2003 | Expires: Tuesday, April 4, 2023

•••
OK other suggestions in order of how good they are

MyAppName.com
GoAppName.com
AppNameApp.com

Still leaving your actual name out on purpose, if you want to edit, report your own post and ask to be moved to Pre-Purchase Appraisal, which is a better place for this thread anyway : smile :

•••
I'm surprised that nobody has suggested that you use an emoji. :)

•••
Thanks, I used a dummy name for the domain anyway so I guess there is no need to edit.

I also want the name to look good on email address, like support @AppName.net
AppName.net - what's the problem? Why would .io be better?
AppNameAutomation.com - is it too long?
AppNameApp.com - is it only for mobile applications?

•••
Thanks, I used a dummy name for the domain anyway so I guess there is no need to edit.

I also want the name to look good on email address, like support @AppName.net
AppName.net - what's the problem? Why would .io be better?
AppNameAutomation.com - is it too long?
AppNameApp.com - is it only for mobile applications?

I agree with your last posted thoughts here. I think the first (AppName.net) is more succinct and direct and will look professional. I know that .io is on a tear with respect to high tech these days, but to me (and I think most of public if that is your audience) the .net is more recognized (I would also prefer it over .tech). The existing company that holds the .com, there is not a trademark issue with the name of your software, is there?

Best wishes for your startup, and I wish you every success!

Bob

•••
Contact the owner of the .com extension
Also do you have to use appname?
imo
I don't see the way it relates with your software.

•••
I think the name is up for sale.
The dot com redirects to a well established site and doesn't look like they would be open to selling - always worth a try though
Created: Thursday, June 19, 2003 | Expires: Tuesday, April 4, 2023

•••
Thanks.

So in general what is better - longer .com or shorter .net?
AppName.net
AppNameAutomation.com

The purpose is to have a trustful site look and professional support mail adress.

•••
Rebrand it for something you can get .com for. Why automating procedures on computer would be called App+Name?

•••
•••
Never settle for the .net

Email the owner of AppName.com and see what sort of price he is asking?

•••
Waits was last seen: Aug 29, 2017 - Would be super cool if you come back for an update @Waits and don't leave us hanging!

Originally Waits posted the actual name of the project. The info I posted was about THAT actual domain in dot COM. Cannot tell if that was real or dummy information.
Have you attempted to contact the current COM owners like suggested by multiple members?

@Thirwell Castle - the dummy domain I suggested is "AppName" that is not the actual domain in question here and indeed "AppName/com" is for sale

Based on my prior knowledge of the actual product name, here is my order of preference, all still available
To reduce confusion, I am substituting SlowPunch for the name, where SlowPunch.com is taken and doesn't look like they would be open to selling

SlowPunch.io
MySlowPunch.com or SlowPunchApp.com
GoSlowPunch.com

Fully agree with @Recons.Com - if the above are not to your liking - rebrand!

•••
AppName dot com is for sale (just visit the domain, is on auction at ename)
Between .net and .io I'd go with .io in this case ("automating specific procedures on a computer" this fits .io just perfectly), if it was a game or social app I'd go with .net or .com, for your app .io and .com are the best choices with no difference between them.

•••
I don't see any problem visiting dot net. I would not see a dot net website less worthy than com!
Stop evaluating domains like a domainer, because not everyone cares.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back